I’m crushing on my best friend…

I’ve been crushing on my best friend for a year and a half…

Ive talked to him about other guys and he’s told me about other girls…

Hid last relationship was with a girl who used to be my friend, she turned out to be toxic and really bad for him…

The other girl was one of the people I knew, and she turned out to be a slightly different breed of toxic.

I don’t know if he’s just sweet in general, but dang he is…

Stuff like “I went because you went”

”Your my best friend”

”Where did you go?” XD

last few days we’ve been talking till two AM, some people may not find this strange but we have veryyyyy different sleeping schedules.

His ex is going to the next dance, with another guy to make my best friend jealous and get him back.

so he says he’s gonna get a date just to get off his back, but not someone he would date date.

He brought up two girls and didn’t know who else so I suggested myself as a last resort…^^’

We had been responding to each other right after getting texts…five minutes goes by and I send “It’s just a suggestion dude xD” cause I got nervous and he responded right after “I might actually…

😂

like if no one else works”

He’s been sweet…saying I looked good in dresses I wore to the last few dances…

And his brother dropped “If you ever feel like something is going on…he trusts you a lot, you two are really close.” a few days ago…^^’

I don’t know, I guess I needed to vent?

People usually look at their best friends of opposite sex as in brother/sister kind of way. Even if attraction shows from one side, other cant get past that friendship bond and just dont look at them the same way. I feel you are in the same predicament. He tells you about other girls, plays childish games with his ex who would make who jealous, even straight up tells you that you are his best friend. You dont do that if you like somebody. Mainly because, well, you want to show them that you like them, and only them. Not showing them you still care about what ex is doing or that you like somebody else. So I am afraid your chances are slim. However, I think its important for young people(for everyone but young people in general) to act so they wont get stuck on those kind of things and can move on to next. Just dont confess, that usually never ends up good. Try to maybe "fish out" what he thinks of you, does he finds you attractive and stuff like that. If he still goes to "best friend" stuff, just move on from the idea of you two being together.

11 hours ago, HoneyChai said:

😂

like if no one else works”

Stay friends. If he's not asking you out, it's best to date other boys if you want a BF.

It's best to distance yourself a bit from this. You're going to get hurt when he asks another girl out.

He treats you like a buddy,and his remark about you being a last resort should tell you to move on.

• Like 1

My heart goes out to you, I know what it's like to have a crush.

I would back off, because if he may ever develops feelings for you, neither of you would want for that to be a mere distraction while he's rebounding from his recent breakup.

Skip that.

If the guy ever views you as a GF, he'll have no trouble making that clear to you. So don't try to read tea leaves right now while his breakup waters are still murky.

Head high, and write more if it helps.

• Like 1