Photos of women on his phone

LoreliFinn

Your first sentence says you have chemistry. If by the third date, someone was still regularly rolling out pics to show me for a reaction about an object or their friends or whatever, which is very irritating, my chemistry would be on the level of a bad nuclear explosion. Done. The continued flashing of the female friends to you makes it worse, that reeks of insecurity. I have a family member who does the pic showing and it never stops even with my disinterested "uh-huhs". The purpose of dating to find someone who is compatible and, while we all have annoying traits, the person needs to have at least tolerable annoying traits. The balance doesn't sound in this guy's favor. This is going to continue to grate on you. If you decide it's worth continuing, it will be a very difficult behavior project to try to have him understand to stop it without having to endure an awkward hurt feelings next couple of dates. So you probably already know the answer to this one. 

• Like 3

There seems to be a kind of constant. This was back in February. Very similar type of man, yet again.  

"He shows me pics of projects on his phone that he completed.  Which is great but he's shut down talking about his personal life.  It's all surface stuff now.

He also starts mentioning he has female friends all of a sudden.  Some days he says he's been helping this female friend with gardening or helping in some other way. No names of these friends are ever offered.

All he seems to do now is brag about a new fence he constructed, stairs he fixed & female friends he's been spending time with. I say how great his projects are as he's really good obviously at that skill."

• Like 2
On 9/3/2021 at 4:46 PM, LoreliFinn said:

Thanks Waffle.  Why do you think men do this, flaunt these women in our face?  Seems a bit immature to me!

Ding ding! Immature is your answer. This would be a deal breaker for me. Not sure why you are stalling on kicking him to the curb.

• Like 1

Carnatic.  He does seem insecure by showing off things on his phone. I've come to that conclusion now. He may have low self esteem and trying to boost himself up.  He's quite shy and reserved about talking much about himself except to show achievements on his phone.  The women photos yeah might be there to show that he's popular with the ladies?  And therefore more attractive?