My on/off rollercoaster relationship - Love, eggshells and rebounds

3 minutes ago, DancingFool said:

..... Relationships that are 7 and 6 years respectively take some serious commitment.... Food for thought here......

You seem to have the opposite problem of over committing to the wrong person for too long and then taking a long time to recover and not committing at all during that time. Sort of like a pendulum swinging too far to extremes in either direction. You've got to work on settling into that happy middle ground - learning what healthy looks like and learning when to stay and when to let go when it's actually warranted.

Also, there is a huge difference between wanting perfection and recognizing deal breakers and setting the person loose. You kind of have to sit down with yourself and figure out what is a deal breaker and what is an easy to tolerate flaw for you personally. Keep in mind, that everyone is different on that. What do you need to be happy with a partner and what you would simply like but are OK on compromising on. Literally sit down and make a list and every so often, review it and rethink - is it still applicable or does your life/dating experience teach you something else and you need to add/subtract accordingly.

Ok mate. Good advice. I’m gonna take myself out the game for the foreseeable. Thank you

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TheSuit said:

Ok mate. Good advice. I’m gonna take myself out the game for the foreseeable. Thank you

Just don't leave the game for too long. Taking a time out to sort yourself and figure some things out is all good and needed right now. However, don't go on a dry spell for years or you'll end up with the man in the desert problem - any filthy puddle tastes like divine spring water. 6-8 months and do start dipping your toe in the dating pool and see how you feel and make adjustments as needed.