I've entered the anger stage of grief....how to deal with being angry!?

takewhatuwant

Mostly just a rant here.. I'm angry!

I met someone who had a new born baby. ( me 40m, him 39m )

I was hesitant to get involved with this person for this exact reason.

He assured me to just give it a chance. Neither one of us realized how much work it would be. I take responsibility for my decision to enter the relationship, with all the risks involved.

However, I broke it off because I was not getting my needs met from him.  It would be very understandable with a  newborn baby, that his time and attention were primarily given to the baby. I got the memo loud and clear...But 6 months in, it was as if my needs were not on the table anymore. I didn't need much..( basic romance, basic communication while we were away from each other, basic quality time and attention, a date night here and there. ) But it is as if once he knew he had me, he stopped making an effort.

So, after a few times of chatting about this, I decided to break it off.

However, now I find myself feeling angry for walking down this path with him. I feel like he did the old bait and switch. I feel duped!

I miss the baby!! (I don't miss him, I don't feel attached to him). I feel a longing for the connection I had with the baby.

So, my anger towards him, for walking me down this path. For reassuring me that this is what he wanted to share with me. That he was willing to go the distance to maintain a relationship together and make it a priority. 

I'm angry that he lied!

Now that its done, I have no access to this child I fell in love with..

It really just sucks. I am so angry that I let myself get attached.

That's all..

just venting I guess.

Edited by takewhatuwant

Anger is very natural.

I transform my anger into gratitude.  I feel thankful and grateful to rid certain people from my life because due to personality and character differences, the relationship (or in other cases, friendship) wasn't meant to be.  Or, if that person wasn't good for making my life feel rewarding and joyous, again, I feel grateful for that person no longer causing my unnecessary stress and angst.

Change the way you think and your anger will decrease significantly.

• Like 3

Is normal to figure out with that amt of time IF  you are truly compatible with someone.

And it is okay that you are angry/upset/emotional etc.

In time you will feel better, once this all eases.. and it will.  You will see things clearer for why they didn't work and accept it.

Diff ways to try 'vent' out is journal - get it out a diff way.

Exercise.. work out.. go for walks, etc.

Get lost in your movies/ music... and just go through the emotions.  Things can take time.

You both had this experience and it didn't work... but in time, you may find someone who is much more compatible.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• How To Make A Woman Want You Sexually (Guide To Building Her Interest And Sexual Attraction)
      Learn how to make a woman want you sexually! In today's video we're talking about sexual attraction and how you make a woman want you! We're going to be discussing some useful tips you can put to work to get a woman interested in you and building that sexual desire. Often men think they know exactly what women want, men in sports cars with big houses a big wallet and a bad boy attitude. This might be what the ladies want in movies but not in real life it's very different. To know what a lady wants you need to understand what you need to do to make her want you sexually. Imagine if you knew the secret formula to do this, the one that tells you exactly what women want sexually. The formula would let you know exactly what you need to do to get a woman to fall into your arms, sounds too good to be true right? Well it's not! It's as easy as being mindful of your own behaviour and adopting steel-proof boundaries. Want to know some more? Well don't move an inch.

• 0 replies
    • How to know when he's really fallen in LOVE
      You’re falling in love with your man deeper every day, but you don’t know if he feels the same way for you. It’s natural to want to know his feelings for you. What happens when he doesn’t say it or he’s not the type to say that? His actions tell you he loves you, but you could be wrong, right? So how do you know when he’s really in love with you? It’s not always so easy, but it’s not impossible either!

• 0 replies
    • 6 Psychological Secrets of Attraction
      Knowing whether or not someone is “into you” can be incredibly difficult if they don’t explicitly say it. In this video, we will be looking at some psychological secrets of attraction.

• 0 replies
    • This Healing Mindset That Helps Overcome Trauma Symptoms
      If you grew up with neglect and abuse, you've needed time to talk about what happened, and how parents and others treated you. But THEN what? Once you've acknowledged the past and gained an understanding of how you developed symptoms of trauma, how can you overcome those symptoms, and move forward with building a happy and fulfilled life? In this video I teach about the two general categories of comments I see on my channel, and what that suggestions about the commenter's readiness to heal.

• 0 replies
    • "I Want A Girlfriend" Do THIS First
      I want a girlfriend. Have you ever found yourself thinking "I want a girlfriend" but you're not quite sure if you're actually ready for one? Before you go about doing anything else it's important to make sure that you actually need a girlfriend right now.

• 0 replies