Mixed messages

susanhelp

So he kept saying I’m going to marry you one day. Then last night he says I didn’t mean really marry you just that is to show you I’m really committed. Mentions that why would we get married at this age 50 again. Holy mixed up now 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, susanhelp said:

Then last night he says I didn’t mean really marry you just that is to show you I’m really committed. Mentions that why would we get married at this age 50 again. 

Double talk and string-along talk like this is supposed to be confusing. 

Same man?:

• Like 1

Too many red flags and it's still early! Please cut it off now or you will get too invested and regret it later.

Also someone who tells you early on they are going to marry you without even fully knowing you, most likely love bombing you to get you attached. Now that he thinks you are attached - he is changing his tune just a tad.

If you're almost 50, you gotta have a better sense when a man is talking out of his u know what.

• Like 4

As mentioned.. in your previous thread:

So he keeps jokingly saying when he calls. Things like did you just Kroc your boyfriend out before I called or is anyone there with you. What’s up with this kind of statements  I joke with him about it but find it strange   Maybe he has someone there with him and is projecting his behaviour to me .

~> With this and what you've again mentioned, what about any of this with him amusing?  😕 

How long have you both been single BEFORE you got involved?

Your assumptions could very well be correct, that he's projecting.. Either way, I see lack of TRUST from either side.. and No one loves anyone in this.

How about you reject the headache and get out of this?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LootieTootie said:

Too many red flags and it's still early! Please cut it off now or you will get too invested and regret it later.

Also someone who tells you early on they are going to marry you without even fully knowing you, most likely love bombing you to get you attached. Now that he thinks you are attached - he is changing his tune just a tad.

If you're almost 50, you gotta have a better sense when a man is talking out of his u know what.

Oh I do that for sure. So this just happened  I say Thank you for coming over. I never want you to leave   I would be Heart broken  and he says The same goes for me, it would be so disappointing. In a huge way.  Now the reason this all happened is that he couldn’t have intercourse. He tried the last few nights but nothing. We had no issues before so maybe he is not into me anymore and is trying to let me down easy. Who knows anymore 

10 hours ago, susanhelp said:

Now the reason this all happened is that he couldn’t have intercourse. He tried the last few nights but nothing. We had no issues before so maybe he is not into me anymore and is trying to let me down easy. Who knows anymore 

Do not make his performance issues your fault. This is his problem! 

This guy is a real dud. Get out now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2021 at 3:34 PM, susanhelp said:

Then last night he says I didn’t mean really marry you ...

So he lied to you. There is really nothing confusing about that.

Either you are willing to hold out for a mutual investment, or not. If so, your choice is easy. If not, you'll continue to torture yourself with confusion that is unnecessary.

Head high, and make the right choice for you.

• Like 1