Dealing with my gfs mood swings

1 minute ago, Luis89 said:

She does tell me how she feels? I’m not comfortable revealing that type of stuff online.. people deal with stuff differently I suppose. 

Well you don't need to but we're also just total strangers. We have literally no idea who you or your girlfriend are. But that is your choice of course.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 6:14 PM, Luis89 said:

She just gets very bad mood swings sometimes and one day she absolutely loves then a couple of hours later absolutely hates me that’s the best way to describe it. 

Not good at all, Luis. 

How do you see still living with this in ten years' time. 

1 minute ago, LaHermes said:

Not good at all, Luis. 

How do you see still living with this in ten years' time. 

Actually that doesn't exactly sound like PMS. More along the lines of mental health issues.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LaHermes said:

I agree Tiny. This does sound more ominous.  What are you going to do Luis?

I just gotta let her be her. The worst thing to do is to keep asking her is she ok that’s the complete opposite of what I want. If I think it’s something more serious I’ll bring it up to her, but I genuinely don’t believe for now it’s a mental health issue. I will keep you updated of course they’re some great people on here! 

I agree with the others that if she’s not able to make the choice to discuss her issues with you for the good of the relationship, then there’s something more going on here. My first thought is to wonder if she’s on a hormonal birth control (the pill, the shot, the implant, Nuva Ring, etc). Some of those can really mess with you mentally. I speak from experience. They made me cry at the drop of a hat, and I didn’t want to talk about it because I couldn’t explain it. I didn’t know why I felt the way I did, but I just felt annoyed at anything and everything. Once I realized what it was, I stopped the birth control and I was finally me again.

Beyond that, you’re completely within reason to let her know that you don’t know what to do when this happens, but you need some sort of agreement that works for BOTH of you. Just accepting what she needs is nice of you, but not the way to build a strong relationship. Ultimately, it will lead to your feeling shut out, which is what brought you here. Communicate and compromise, both of you. Not only in this circumstance, but all of those you will encounter in the future.

Good luck!

Edited by indea08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, indea08 said:

I agree with the others that if she’s not able to make the choice to discuss her issues with you for the good of the relationship, then there’s something more going on here. My first thought is to wonder if she’s on a hormonal birth control (the pill, the shot, the implant, Nuva Ring, etc). Some of those can really mess with you mentally. I speak from experience. They made me cry at the drop of a hat, and I didn’t want to talk about it because I couldn’t explain it. I didn’t know why I felt the way I did, but I just felt annoyed at anything and everything. Once I realized what it was, I stopped the birth control and I was finally me again.

Beyond that, you’re completely within reason to let her know that you don’t know what to do when this happens, but you need some sort of agreement that works for BOTH of you. Just accepting what she needs is nice of you, but not the way to build a strong relationship. Ultimately, it will lead to your feeling shut out, which is what brought you here. Communicate and compromise, both of you. Not only in this circumstance, but all of those you will encounter in the future.

Good luck!

Thank you! I’m a man so I’ve no idea what women are going through, as I keep saying giving her space when she’s like this WORKS! It honestly does, anytime she’s been in a mood I let her cool off and then we clear the air if we feel the need too.. 

45 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

What if you got in a mood? Would you expect her to tiptoe around you, fearful of contacting you in case she sets you off? Have you ever called her "smothering" or told her you hate her?

No I wouldn’t, but I deal with things completely different than her, I’ve a very stressful job which she knows about and she just has this way of completely relaxing me I don’t know how to explain it. She seems to be a lot better today as she reached out to me a couple of hours ago, giving her space works! But I understand your comment and I appreciate it 

1 hour ago, Luis89 said:

I just gotta let her be her. The worst thing to do is to keep asking her is she ok that’s the complete opposite of what I want.

Exactly. People have a range of stuff that happens, feelings, etc. a range of stuff on their minds, etc.

Just like you may just want to go to your cave and zone out on TV, video games, etc. everyone needs their processing and zoning out times. 

She'll let you know if there's something on her mind she wants to talk about. 

• Thanks 1