Cravings for alcohol

On 7/22/2021 at 9:54 AM, Tinydance said:

One time I went to an AA meeting and I never "shared" or spoke to anyone at all in this meeting. At the end of the meeting a few women came straight up to me and a couple immediately said: "Can I have your phone number?" I panicked and gave my number to one or two of them.

I could be wrong but I knew someone a long time ago who went to AA and asking each other for their phone number seemed to be the norm - it apparently was part of the support system so members could support and help each other out.  Nothing more than that.  Nothing sinister. Not sure why it would be viewed as such a shocking thing to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrazyWife said:

Alcoholism has now been more classed as a mental disorder by the DSM 5 (USA)

No. Alcoholism was officially classified as a physical disease by the American Medical Association in 1987. The AMA then subsequently endorsed the dual classification of alcoholism as both psychiatric and medical diseases by the International Classification of Diseases. It continues to be defined as both a physical and mental disease by ICD and the AMA. DSM–5 calls alcoholism "alcohol use disorder." The DSM classification doesn't supersede, contest, or negate the AMA classification or the ICD classification. It has nothing to do with them. 

1 hour ago, CrazyWife said:

But either way I am happy to be no longer involved with it and am going my own way. 

No argument there. It's your life to live.

Edited by Jibralta
  • Like 1