Feeling alone and lonely - is it just me or the pandemic?

Guest Anonymous

I feel very alone and lonely lately.

I miss going out with friends to restaurants, pubs, just doing things with people and not having to get a corona nose swab test anytime I want to go anywhere.

I feel this past year or so really affected socializing combined with working from home lots.

I just want to know if this is a normal thing during the pandemic? If it is, then I can at least look forward to once everything opens back up again..

57 minutes ago, Guest Anonymous said:

I feel very alone and lonely lately.

I miss going out with friends to restaurants, pubs, just doing things with people and not having to get a corona nose swab test anytime I want to go anywhere.

I feel this past year or so really affected socializing combined with working from home lots.

I just want to know if this is a normal thing during the pandemic? If it is, then I can at least look forward to once everything opens back up again..

There's a thread for this, however you may have to try to find it under "off topic" then sign up and join a club in order to post there.:

Yes, is normal - especially if you're a social butterfly.

Has not affected me too badly, I have managed to see some family on occasion, out doors.

Plus I see a friend once a month or so for a little visit & coffee..otherwise, I remain at home & do my own things.. ( hobbies, my pets & my son) 🙂 .

Can you not meet w/ friends now, out on patio.. or visit them by now?

I see here, sport have picked up - baseball & I see kids at the skate park, etc.  Things are improving here now 🙂 .

So, maybe give some effort & reach out to some friends?  To get yourself out there, mingling again.

A lot of people are feeling like you so it's not out of the ordinary. Have you gotten vaccinated or do you plan to? 

It didn't stop me from meeting friends (outdoors) or enjoying other activities outside with others. It depends where you are and how well the restrictions are lifting. I enjoyed a lot of the time on my own and also had interactions with friends and family. 

I am a very social person and because I lived with my husband and child all at home during the pandemic I found I needed more and not less space.  I also am not a zoom/facetime person but I am a phone person and I found that helped a lot.  In the last 4 days I went for my first outdoor dining and one indoor dining experience since March 2020 -with my husband and son -it was nice and I didn't miss it so much.  It was good to feel comfortable as we're all vaccinated. I think what you are feeling is normal and I hope you feel better and get to socialize soon!

Archived