I need advice, I'm going to text my crush for the first time

Another One

Hello, I have planned to text to my crush for the first time, since I am going to get his number but I am afraid of giving her a bad impression, I plan to tell her:

Hi, I'm… we were at the same school and I always wanted to meet you

And I don't know what else to add to her, at high school I always wanted to talk to her, but I always was nervous so I never spoke to her, now that I can get her number I'm afraid of giving her a bad impression. I would also like you to advise me what to answer if she asks me:

Why do you want to meet me?

How did you get my number?

Among other hypothetical questions ...

And well I'm definitely going to talk to her, I don't want to regret never having to spoken to her, she is a spectacular girl, since I saw her something attracted me to her and unfortunately I never spoke to her because I always scared of talk to her since I was an immature teenager but I have grown up and I want to take that step to meet her.

And sorry English is not my mother language.

Hey, OP. 

First, tell me - how did you get her number? Are you friends with her on social media?

Second, I would not say this:

"Hi, I'm… we were at the same school and I always wanted to meet you." 

In English, this comes across pretty creepy. 

Answer the questions above and then I'd be happy to respond in further detail. 

2 hours ago, Another One said:

Why do you want to meet me?

How did you get my number?

Good questions. It's creepy to send this. Look for alumni groups on social media.

You need to find a connection that's more appropriate.

How long ago was this? Questions for you:.

What if her BF answers the text?

What if she blocks you (very likely)?

What if there's no response (extremely likely)?

I am assuming that you got her number from a friend or something. Dont message her, it would be negative as she has not given you her personal phone number

Instead, why dont you add her on social media? And if she confirms you then write her something like this?

11 hours ago, Another One said:

she is a spectacular girl, since I saw her something attracted me to her and unfortunately I never spoke to her because I always scared of talk to her since I was an immature teenager but I have grown up and I want to take that step to meet her.

If you want a girl to notice you, you have to have confidence to go right up to her and start a conversation. Texting out of the blue, girls will brush you off.

The best thing to do is practice on girls who don't intimidate you. Work on your approach, and things to talk about, mention. Once you feel more comfortable, work your way up the attraction scale.

Also ask yourself...would you date you? what do you have to offer this girl aside from your feelings for her?

Do not do this. Ask a mutual friend to introduce you.  Do you have mutual friends?   Back in the day, if there was a guy I liked, I would join an activity that he was already involved in. How old are you?  If she is in a theater production, volunteer to work on the back stage crew.  Maybe you will get to know her, maybe you will meet someone else there that you actually feel like you can talk to.  That's just one example. 

It's probably a lot less deer in headlights if you do join in on something she's already doing. It'll be less of a surprise or jolt. If she likes you she will want to get to know you more also. If she doesn't see you in that way, just be respectful and move on. 

There's no way to make someone reciprocate any feelings so the best you can do is be yourself and friendly and approachable. If she isn't feeling it don't worry about it. Brush yourself off and keep going.

Archived