Distant after declining to get "closer"

den_3ero

OP,

Here are some of the reasons I think you should break up with him:

1. He lovebombed you with comments that were insincere - i.e., he pulled back after you declined sex.

2. He is only three months out of an 8-year relationship. (Obvious rebounding is obvious)

3. He is having disturbing conversations with you about hypothetically pressuring you to have sex even after you say no. In addition, he's seemingly tacitly referencing breaking up with you as ammunition to persuade you to have sex. Further, it is bizarre that he'd withhold announcing your relationship at work until you have sex with him. (It appears that this guy has one goal in mind - sex). 

4. It has only been 12 or so days into the relationship and you are already posting a thread about whether or not you should break up with him. In fact, two times on this thread you have stated rather confidently that you should break up with him. If the relationship is crumbling after only 12 days, then making it long-term seems near impossible. 

5. You said that last time you were kissing him, you felt nothing. You've said confidently here that the two of you are incompatible. 

To be honest, OP, you should leave this relationship yesterday. I'm the same way about "what ifs" and usually want to try to give long-term partners every reasonable chance before breaking up. But OP - this isn't long-term and this relationship is failing from the start. Get out of there ASAP. 

Hope this helps. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from all the serious potential incidents waiting to happen, this is just way too much drama for a week and a half. It boggles the mind that you didn’t literally just turn and walk away without a backward glance the second he brought up hypothetically raping you.

Not only do I see incredibly dangerous red flags with this guy, I see serious red flags with you too. You should seek out the help of an appropriately qualified and trained therapist/psychologist to address the fact that even the most basic animal instinct to remove yourself from potential threats or danger didn’t kick in for you and you are still engaging with this repulsive human.

Archived