Can I tell my ex to @#$@?

mical

Stupid me, opened email from the ex..

This time she said she will hook up and move in with her ex (the one I suspected she was seeing while we were together) if I don't wanna see her...

I REALLY want to write something like tell this person to go to hell...something a bit more harsh this time...so she finally leaves me alone..

So what do you think? Can I do that? This person is very toxic and psycho.

Saying "Please don't contact me" is not working.

Any suggestions what I could write?

28 minutes ago, mical said:

I REALLY want to write something like tell this person to go to hell...something a bit more harsh this time...so she finally leaves me alone..

So what do you think? Can I do that? This person is very toxic and psycho.

My take is to do nothing.  Nothing at all. Zero. Ignore, ignore, ignore.  Do NOT give her the satisfaction that she hit a nerve with you.  Ignoring her to the fullest extent will really bug the hell out of her.  Block every contact number she has of you. Everything.

52 minutes ago, mical said:

I REALLY want to write something like tell this person to go to hell.

No.  How about IGNORE?  Give her no reaction.  That's the best solution.

Let her go 'play' headgames with her ex.

And, if you need to 'ven't.. journal.

Get it all out of you on paper/wordpad.. just do not send!

1 hour ago, mical said:

Saying "Please don't contact me" is not working.

Rather than continue to participate in this game, isn't it much easier to block her?  Of course, you already know this.

In short, you can't move forward until you let go.

Do you want to continue to engage with her?

Because the only appropriate response otherwise is to ignore and block her. If you won't do that, then you need to get real with yourself that on some level you like when you hear from her, as it means she's paying attention to you.

So which is it?

7 hours ago, mical said:

I don't think anything good would come of this, Mical. Try to reason this out a little - a psychotic or toxic person won't read your words and interpret their own behaviour as an intrusion on your privacy. That person doesn't process the way you do so speaking any language you want is not going to work, not speaking nicely or rudely. 

You're expecting her to understand you and that's a mistake. Let go by simply blocking all her email addresses.

7 hours ago, mical said:

Stupid me, opened email from the ex..

The best response? No response at all.

It's far more powerful and will save face.

Not replying says "You don't need to waste your time replying or any emotions at all on this person any longer."

She's looking for a reaction, don't give it to her.

Block.

Block her everywhere she can possibly get a hold of you. Don't keep her in the background out of curiosity.

Why waste more time and energy when life is too short?

9 hours ago, mical said:

is very toxic.

What's toxic is playing control games like telling her what to do, when it's your responsibility to delete and block her and all her people from ALL your social media and messaging apps.

So step out of the toxic game playing.

Get a handle on your emotions.

12 hours ago, mical said:

...something a bit more harsh this time...so she finally leaves me alone..

You say NOTHING.

All the while you are giving her attention - even negative attention - she will keep on coming back for more. If sending you threats works in getting your attention, she will continue to do it. Stop reacting.

If you truly want this to stop, you block her where you can and ignore her COMPLETELY.

5 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

What's toxic is playing control games like telling her what to do, when it's your responsibility to delete and block her and all her people from ALL your social media and messaging apps.

So step out of the toxic game playing.

Get a handle on your emotions.

I don’t think it’s toxic at all to come here and ask for an opinion before responding to someone.

I find what you said very rude, disrespectful, and not helpful.

Unless there’s an apology I do not wish anymore advice from you. Thanks 

Archived