Losing Weight The Natural way.

I decided to cancel having the Bariatric surgery in September. I have given it much thought and it doesn’t sit right in my gut having surgery. 
I’m instead getting a personal trainer and going to loose weight naturally. I don’t think surgery is the answer. 
I found a woman trainer who is supposedly one of the best in my area. I have a consultation with her Tuesday June 29th. 

20 minutes ago, limichelle said:

I’m instead getting a personal trainer and going to loose weight naturally. I don’t think surgery is the answer. 
I found a woman trainer who is supposedly one of the best in my area. I have a consultation with her Tuesday June 29th. 

Good call. Best of luck in your endeavor. It seems like a healthier approach.👍

I think this is a good plan.

I know the surgery works wonders for some people, but the ones I know who had it have ongoing issues.  For example, the surgery makes it so you can't fit as much into your stomach but it doesn't do anything about changing your eating habits.  One woman I know who had the surgery still eats nothing but garbage.  Oh, and since she didn't lose the weight by exercising the rest of her body is still very overweight.  Her thighs and bottom are big, way out of proportion to her small waist (due to the surgery) and her arms are also still very large. And I understand she will have to have another surgery to remove loose skin.

I agree with you that a lifetime of healthy habits is a great alternative to surgery.

Again, I know the surgery works wonders for some people so I am not slamming having the surgery!

Best of luck to you!  I feel you will succeed. 

Thanks you guys! 

What I need is to really learn how to change my mindset and food habits. The surgery won’t fix that like you said bolt. I feel if anything I’ll have more issues. 
I do know some who succeed with surgery and then some who did horrible afterwards. I don’t want to do a risky procedure only to not know how to change my eating to not being able to cope.  Plus I found out regarding the hunger hormones they cut out from surgery. People afterwards still have uncomfortable hunger and it’s even worse because the mind can’t catch up to the stomach size. 

The personal trainer is also well versed in nutrition, and so she can help me with both. Plus I like that she will be with me every step of the way on my transformation. 

11 hours ago, limichelle said:

What I need is to really learn how to change my mindset and food habits. The surgery won’t fix that like you said bolt. I feel if anything I’ll have more issues. 

Yup, changing habits is a real struggle. I think it's a great idea that you've chosen to take up the challenge. Good habits will help you in so many ways; not just with weight loss.

Now I need to start developing some good habits, like stop vegging on the couch and gazing at the internet and enotalone for hours lol!!

A few people i know had luck with Noom - some needed to lose weight - and some did not need to lose weight at all but knew their eating habits would eventually hurt them -- because its not counting calories at all - it just helps you make better choices, choice by choice - its training your mind, so to speak.

Be easy on yourself.. it takes time to change, fully.

So, start small (as I have been changing my eating as well- slow changes).

I made a page up last year on FB, 'What's Good for the Body'.

Over time, I have tried some decent diet pills- ones that do have good stuff in them..

Plus, I have lessen the amount I eat in a day, and changed even my liquid intake, to more water.

So, I buy more vegies, eat fish, oatmeal, yogourt, rice, etc - all stuff that is good for you ( there is also 'healthy' fats.).

As for exercise, I walk my little dog most evenings now, so doing some exercises, plus I stretch - similar to yoga.

Anything to start working on 'good changes'.

So, get into the changes gradually.. and little positive is still a positive ❤️ 

Archived