Is this flirting?

So I feel chemistry and tension between this guy and I. 

At first, it was friendly. I felt comfortable and thought nothing about it until one day he gave me the sweetest compliment. It wasn't about my body or looks but about my mental strength. There was a depth to his words and it was so endearing. 

After he complimented me, he seemed embarrassed and flustered. He couldn't look at me after that and his voice was soft and quiet. 

The next time I saw him, he seemed back to normal but he was more touchy. We don't know each other, but he was sharing a random tidbit with me. 

Anyways, sometimes I can't tell if he's flirting with me or simply being nice. 

He asked me randomly, if I lived closeby and I gave my answer and that was it. Was as strange question. No sure why a guy would ask that. Lol. I know some ppl flirt for fun, but complimenting someone's mind, vs their appearance, seems more respectful than a silly flirt. 

any thoughts? 

Hey!

He likes you. Period!

AND he seems to be a very decent person! His compliment was at a much deeper level than the average compliment. "It's not what my eyes can see but how I assessed your mental strength" and if his reactions afterwards were as you describe them, he seems to be a shy person being VERY careful not to mess this up with you.

If you like him it may be a path you should research...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mona Lisa said:

Thank you so much for replying with your insight. I do like him. Question, what do you mean by "a path you should research"? What should I research? 

Research the possibility of a deeper relation with this person.

• Like 1

Is this a workmate?  If I were you, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Unless he's asking you out on a date, I wouldn't be daydreaming if he likes you or not. He will let you know.

Just be yourself, because if he never asks you out, it won't matter.

Edited by The Invisible Man
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Invisible Man said:

Is this a workmate?  If I were you, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Unless he's asking you out on a date, I wouldn't be daydreaming if he likes you or not. He will let you know.

Just be yourself, because if he never asks you out, it won't matter.

Thank you! This is exactly how I feel. I am aware that there is a possibility nothing will happen. I'm also of the same opinion that if a man likes me, he will make it known to me by asking me out. 

However, there is no harm asking what his behavior could mean and I still have my options open, as I never like being in a situation of getting my hopes up for nothing.

Feelings no longer scare me. I use to freak out and feel guilty for feeling or observing another person. This time around, I'd like to explore things a bit and not get too caught up on what's right or wrong. 

• Like 1

Mona Lisa,

If he is, as I suspect, a shy person and considering that you do like him, if I were you I would make it easier for him to ask me out. Maybe he is afraid of you saying 'No'. I would talk to him about why I like McDonald's or that restaurant. Give him a chance to feel brave enough to ask the question.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CAKCy said:

Mona Lisa,

If he is, as I suspect, a shy person and considering that you do like him, if I were you I would make it easier for him to ask me out. Maybe he is afraid of you saying 'No'. I would talk to him about why I like McDonald's or that restaurant. Give him a chance to feel brave enough to ask the question.

0ooo interesting! Never thought of that before! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CAKCy said:

Mona Lisa,

Yes! 

OP, Even if you are the type to let the other person make the first move - in the world of dating, you first showing interest goes a long way. 

Edited by Pleasedonot5

5 minutes ago, Pleasedonot5 said:

Yes! 

OP, Even if you are the type to let the other person make the first move - in the world of dating, you first showing interest goes a long way. 

This is true. I'm not a flirt by any means. So I'm not sure how I could drop off hints. I'd prefer the more direct approach but I've tried that in the past and it was horrible experience! Lol

Not to mention, I rather let a man take the lead usually because I know I'm honest, but I don't like the games some men play. If that makes sense. 

I asked him something specific about his job. I hope that's some of a hint. I usually don't ask personal questions, ever. Lol

51 minutes ago, Pleasedonot5 said:

That's showing platonic interest in him, perhaps. 

I meant more like: smiling, eye contact, natural physical touch (like a playful touch on the arm after a bad joke), and / or the topic suggested by CAKcy.

Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CAKCy said:

Research the possibility of a deeper relation with this person.

I don't think any research is needed or any deeper relation is relevant with this stranger at this point.  Show interest in return when he interacts with you and if he is interested in dating you in addition to interacting/flirting he will ask you out on a date in advance and plan a date.  It's fine if you wish to ask him out on a date.  Interest in dating is different from interest in interacting/flirting even if it's a compliment about something other than your looks -nice compliment! 

Edited by Batya33

2 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Have you met in person? It's unclear. You claim "he's touchy", but then claim "you don't know him".

It's pretty obvious we met in person. No where did I state we met online because we didn't. Either way, I'm calling you out for how you commented on my advice on another post. Your intentions are not pure so I'm kindly asking that you do not give me advice. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Batya33 said:

I don't think any research is needed or any deeper relation is relevant with this stranger at this point.  Show interest in return when he interacts with you and if he is interested in dating you in addition to interacting/flirting he will ask you out on a date in advance and plan a date.  It's fine if you wish to ask him out on a date.  Interest in dating is different from interest in interacting/flirting even if it's a compliment about something other than your looks -nice compliment! 

Yes, it was a very nice compliment. Thank you for your input. 

Sounds like he's trying to muster up the courage to ask you out. Are you flirting back? Did you complement him? Hey hun it goes both ways. Some guys need that little hint or something to push them in the right direction. *Smile lots.

Edited by smackie9

1 hour ago, smackie9 said:

Sounds like he's trying to muster up the courage to ask you out. Are you flirting back? Did you complement him? Hey hun it goes both ways. Some guys need that little hint or something to push them in the right direction. *Smile lots.

Hi, thank you for your input. The next time I saw him, I tried to ask him a somewhat personal question about his job and I complimented him about his work and he said thank you for saying that. That's when he randomly asked me if I lived nearby. Lol usually it's easy for me to look him dead in the eyes but that day, I kept looking away and I could tell he was amused by it ( lol ugh). While he was leaving the building he went out his way to say bye to me and he seemed so happy and upbeat. Unlike last time when he rushed out because he was embarrassed.

Him asking me if I lived nearby also made me wonder if he was planning on asking me out. We shall see. I will try to leave some subtle hints. I'm not good at flirting but I'll try my best. Lol

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mona Lisa said:

He asked me randomly, if I lived closeby and I gave my answer and that was it. Was as strange question. No sure why a guy would ask that.

Not really, its just something to ask. He seem shy so he probably just wanted to ask something about you. That and him going out of his way to say "bye" can probably mean that he likes you. But yes, you would probably have to be a bit more open and flirty there. Otherwise it would pobably take forever for him to ask for date.