What / where to suggest for date

johnjones89cfc

I have a date coming up soon, with a woman I met through this arts event that I sometimes go to.

So we've at least already met once in person, unlike if we'd met through Tinder or something.

I said about going for a drink and a bite to eat, But I have no idea what sort of places she likes going to. She also lives in a different town to me and I don't really know the area (at all in fact).

I feel quite nervous as she comes across as the kind of woman that wants the man to 'lead'... something Im not great at. She is also really good looking, to the point where I was thinking she was way outta my league when I first met her. So I'm worried I'll make a mess of it.

Should I just ask her what kind of places she likes? or if she has any suggestions?

1 minute ago, johnjones89cfc said:

I just ask her what kind of places she likes? or if she has any suggestions?

Yes. Tell her you would rather drive to wherever she chooses to ensure her comfort/safety. Win-win. You're a gentleman and she picks something.

I would look up reviews of restaurants in her town. Tell her you're willing to take her to dinner and her town, and mention 2 or 3 restaurants you found with good reviews. Ask her if she knows if any of them are good. If she suggests one, or says she doesn't know, like she wants you to pick, ask if she wants you to pick her up or if she wants to meet you there. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Andrina said:

I would look up reviews of restaurants in her town. Tell her you're willing to take her to dinner and her town, and mention 2 or 3 restaurants you found with good reviews. Ask her if she knows if any of them are good. If she suggests one, or says she doesn't know, like she wants you to pick, ask if she wants you to pick her up or if she wants to meet you there. Good luck.

That's a great idea thank you, I hadn't even thought of looking for reviews

1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Yes. Tell her you would rather drive to wherever she chooses to ensure her comfort/safety. Win-win. You're a gentleman and she picks something.

Sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure she would take me seriously if I said something like that LOL (as Im not the most mature of guys out there)... but thanks anyway

2 hours ago, johnjones89cfc said:

I have a date coming up soon, with a woman I met through this arts event that I sometimes go to.

So we've at least already met once in person, unlike if we'd met through Tinder or something.

I said about going for a drink and a bite to eat, But I have no idea what sort of places she likes going to. She also lives in a different town to me and I don't really know the area (at all in fact).

I feel quite nervous as she comes across as the kind of woman that wants the man to 'lead'... something Im not great at. She is also really good looking, to the point where I was thinking she was way outta my league when I first met her. So I'm worried I'll make a mess of it.

Should I just ask her what kind of places she likes? or if she has any suggestions?

That's what the internet is for...look it up. I bet money on it anywhere close to where she lives she likes to go . Most places have a website with a menu and photos of the food and atmosphere, also a rating. Don't over think it.

3 minutes ago, johnjones89cfc said:

That's a great idea thank you, I hadn't even thought of looking for reviews

Yelp was literally invented for this. Also, don't hesitate to ask her what kind of food she likes or what she is in the mood for and then look up some places and since you are not familiar with her area, yes ask her which one is best.

This way you don't put her on the spot to choose for you, but you are also being considerate to her and what she likes.

Good communication is sexy, OP. Remember that.

Archived