I'm upset about not being invited to my co-worker's party.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:57 PM, That36guy said:

This past Saturday was the party of one of my co-worker's, whom we'll just call "Emma". It was Emma's 22nd birthday and she was throwing this party, a party where a bunch of people at work called out so that they can attend. I didn't get an invite and at first I tried not to let it get to me, but I've spent the past few days hearing about the aftermath and now I can't deny how I'm feeling.

It really does feel like just about everyone at work got an invite except me. These two guys in the break room were talking about it and it reached a point where one of them started listing off some co-workers who dropped by at one point. There was evidently a bunch of people here at work who got invited and now I can't escape this feeling of exclusion.

Me and Emma actually do get along very well. She always goes out of her way to talk to me and strike up some conversation and I though for sure that I would get invited once I heard about the party. And Emma's behavior towards me hasn't changed in the past few days since the party. Not only am I trying to figure out why I didn't get invited, but I also want to know how not to feel so awful about it. It's been eating me up and I know that I can't let it get to me in the work place. How do I cope with this?

I know it hurts but atleast now you know what kind of person she is. 

Not someone to waste your time on. This is why I don't like befriending people at work. Too much drama, especially when they do stupid stuff like that. 

If you have friends outside of work, go meet up with them and have some fun. 🙂

feel better. 

update: took the time to read some of the other comments and omg lol. No words. 😂 Especially the part at you being mad at her inviting the introverts and socially awkward. It's people with this mentality that is annoying. Introverts can make friends too. They don't need to be arrogant and loud to be invited to parties, but everyone knows that. 

Anyways, it's good you were not invited. Again, if you have friends, hang out with them. It's best to not have friends at work! This isn't highschool.

Edited by Mona Lisa
  • Like 1