Is it hard dating past 30?

This thread has been awesome OP!

Like a battle of who wants what and which life path is correct right down to the core of human nature through to whether they have a thigh gap or are short or tall. Love it! 

Man! I hope you find what you are looking for - I am feeling kinda sad at the thought of this debate ending 🥲 

We need a follow up on how you get on!

Lo x

1 minute ago, mylolita said:

This thread has been awesome OP!

Like a battle of who wants what and which life path is correct right down to the core of human nature through to whether they have a thigh gap or are short or tall. Love it! 

Man! I hope you find what you are looking for - I am feeling kinda sad at the thought of this debate ending 🥲 

We need a follow up on how you get on!

Lo x

I think it's such a multifaceted topic especially when the focus is 30 and up -after the average age of marriage I guess.  Also interesting to see whether the notion of old maid/spinster has changed. After all at 41 and pregnant I was considered a "geriatric pregnancy" and would have had that label even if I was 35!

7 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I think it's such a multifaceted topic especially when the focus is 30 and up -after the average age of marriage I guess.  Also interesting to see whether the notion of old maid/spinster has changed. After all at 41 and pregnant I was considered a "geriatric pregnancy" and would have had that label even if I was 35!

Yes, definitely. Youth will always be prized no matter what, after all, it’s the only thing money can’t buy right? It intrigues us all! Ask any woman and no lady wants to look her age or over! I am yet to meet the women who takes offence at the “you look so fresh faced and young” as an insult! 

I basically had a mini internal crisis turning 30 last year and I still to this day don’t even know why. On paper you can have it all or what seems like it but well, I guess you are being faced with your own mortality aren’t you! I admire the calm and happy woman who floats through her 30th Birthday. I wish I had been one. HA! 

And you were lucky at 41 to conceive naturally Batya and have a smooth pregnancy! I know a good few doctors and yes, technically 35 and over is “medically old” for a baby. Women are only born with so many eggs and they depreciate with our biology just as we all do. I personally have always figured I wish I had gone and had my babies in my early 20s but I know that is a taboo thought 🥲😉 I remember having the most energy and staying up till 2am all nights and skipping to college for 9am the next day and it never hit me when I was young - perfect chemistry for raising a newborn!!! 

All of my friends had their first babies from 35 onwards. It is very rare now to find financially stable women who are married and owning a house to have their families even early 30s let alone now 20s. I was the youngest out of all my “Mum Friends” when I was pregnant with my boy at 27 and technically, it’s not even that young. My Great Grandfather was a sniper in WW1 and WW2 starting at the age of 17 and had plenty a weight of responsibility on his shoulders far more than your average 30-something these days. My father in law was married with a house by 19, he ran his own business by time he was 23 and already had two children by then. People are doing things much later in life generally in all areas now. Some seem to keep acting like kids into their 30s and 40s too though 😉

My husband has just turned 40 and I don’t view him as old AT ALL! My Grandma often quibs, “Oooo, I wish I was as young as 65 again” (she is now 94) 🤪 She thinks people in their 70s are babies.

OP! I hope after all is said and done between us all you find Mr Right! You’ll be bored to tears by all our personal stories! 

x

I love your story!! I don't think people who are single are immature and I don't think all married people are mature.  It depends!  I was lucky.  I felt like I won the lottery and just in the nick of time (although I would have adopted).  

My husband (who I dated for 2 years in my late 20s/early 30s) threw me the most awesome surprise party for my 30th and took me away for a romantic get away by car.  Perfection.  I only worried about getting older because back then eggs could not be frozen -only embryos -so I was worried about missing my opportunity to give birth biologically.  

I do know the OP will certainly not find your story  boring -the opposite!

• Like 1

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. 

I agree that each relationship is unique in its own ways and what works for one couple might not work for another. 

Asides for my Mr. Right, yeah, that won't happen for at least a year or so. I'm taking my time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tonight.majestic said:

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. 

I agree that each relationship is unique in its own ways and what works for one couple might not work for another. 

Asides for my Mr. Right, yeah, that won't happen for at least a year or so. I'm taking my time. 

Certainly take your time! I hope when you feel ready that it's mostly fun and enjoyable for you.