Growth & Gratitude Journal

Husband is going back to work today... I was sad last night, it's been so nice!  He took over large parts of reading aloud to all of us, which was so much fun!!!  

I'm very grateful for the mom groups I'm in, otherwise staying at home with the kids would be very lonely... some of those ladies are like family now after years ❤️ being at their house feels like we're visiting relatives... they've created a great environment.  We're planning to get together every Wed next year alternating a teaching co-op so we'll have that.

Growth...  feeling a deep sense of peace about everything, it really is a gut-level feeling that surpasses understanding.  Somehow I know with absolute certainty, all these things will work for our good (Rom 8:28).  An old friend reached out recently and the topic of my husband's family came up (no she's not a, "flying monkey," narcissists use to check on the people), and she reaffirmed that she'd always thought we'd done the right thing in the past, and that she was certain this was going to make us stronger, more compassionate people, and told us that she was sure it would help us become even better parents having had to go through this negativity with his family.  Such a sweet woman, wish she hadn't moved states away, but thankful for her encouragement.  

So thankful for the birds in our front and backyard 🐦.  I know it's something small, but they give us so much pleasure and happiness 😍.  

• Like 1