Really Need Practical Advice

I am a PhD student from upper middle class and have had quite a modern upbringing.Is it a good decision to marry a guy who's a mature man, really good at heart,is a doctor in india earning 90k per month but belongs to a different caste,poor family,with no family assets, and his parents having an Orthodox thinking.Need practical advice only. 

22 minutes ago, Miley said:

I am a PhD student from upper middle class and have had quite a modern upbringing.Is it a good decision to marry a guy who's a mature man, really good at heart,is a doctor in india earning 90k per month but belongs to a different caste,poor family,with no family assets, and his parents having an Orthodox thinking.Need practical advice only. 

Are you dating? Are you scheduled for an arranged marriage? Is he? What do your parents think?

OP. I have no understanding of the caste system in India.  That said, what difference does it make if this man comes from a "poor" family given that he has a good career and is earning a respectable salary.  You would be marrying him, not his family. What does it matter if there are no family assets? He is earning his own living and well able to support a family. I assume that when you graduate you will also be working.  I fail to see any great problem.

Archived