I want to date this girl that knows I like her but I dont know if she likes me back (long)

Posted (edited)

probably about 2 years ago I fell for this girl and started liking her.  I was way too nervous to say anything so I stayed quiet about it. Since then its been like going through hell and back trying to wait, dodge my friends saying *** and making it oblivious. Right now she is dating someone and me and him are cool and somewhat friends. The main issue started today when my friend decided to tell this girl again after countless times that I liked her and she should date me. We were in school at the time so i was walking with one of my other friends. She said no to him but I get mixed signals myself. I go over to her house a lot because I'm good friends with her brother who already knows and doesn't care one bit and I go over almost every other day to every day. Her brother and I usually get in the pool and she jumps in with us and her brother is usually the first one to get out and me and said girl stay in there longer and just throw *** at each other and try to take a ball or something from each other. I want to ask her out but I don't want to sound like a doushe and I don't want to sound cringe or cliché. I just need to know what to say and when to do it because "will you go out with me" or "will you  be my girlfriend" is a little bit overused and cringe. As you can probably tell its gotten to the point to where I have to write a entire essay on a advice site to seek help. I've asked as many people as I can but I cant get the exact help I need. I'm going to have to make my move soon though because my friend has stepped it up about telling her I like her and it might happen sometime this week if not tomorrow. I'm going to her house tmr too so if anything happens Ill post the results. If anyone can help me I would appricate it so much and It would help me exponentially.  

Thanks

Edited by tokedatjay
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tokedatjay said:

Right now she is dating someone and me and him are cool and somewhat friends. The main issue started today when my friend decided to tell this girl again after countless times that I liked her and she should date me. We were in school at the time so i was walking with one of my other friends. She said no to him but I get mixed signals myself.

I want to ask her out but I don't want to sound like a doushe and I don't want to sound cringe or cliché. I just need to know what to say and when to do it because "will you go out with me" or "will you  be my girlfriend" is a little bit overused and cringe.

If you read what I've highlighted above...

1) She is seeing someone.

2) When mentioned about  you, she said 'no'.

3) What to say?  You say nothing.

I'm going to have to make my move soon though because my friend has stepped it up about telling her I like her and it might happen sometime this week if not tomorrow.

What is with your friend here?  Do they not respect you at all?  This is so childish!

I say you back off & let her be.  She has already stated she is not really interested, then leave it alone.

And she has a bf, as mentioned.. Plus, is never a good idea to date 'friends'.. when it ends, can be very awkward 😕 

Edited by SooSad33
Posted (edited)

She has a bf

She  knows you like her and said no.  

You really need to move on, as she is not interested.  No mixed signals, as she sees you as a friend.

You will look like a creep if you tell her, when your friend has been dating her.  That’s not cool at all.  Be a better friend. 

Edited by Hollyj
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, tokedatjay said:

I'm going to her house tmr .

You have a crush on her and that's ok. Look but don't touch. She has a BF.

You're in the daydreaming stage of imagining this whole scenario where you ask her out, she is delighted and you two go have sex. Very normal with teen hormones pumping away.

You're going to have to practice dating girls, but leave her alone. She's your friends sister and she has a BF.

4 hours ago, tokedatjay said:

I'm going to have to make my move soon though because my friend has stepped it up about telling her I like her

You have no move to make if she has a boyfriend, OP.

It doesn't matter if your friend keeps telling her you like her. She gets it. She just doesn't seem to feel the same way. 

I am going to go against the flow and say that you should at least tell her that you like her. To get it off your chest and move on. Youve been stuck up on this girl for a while and you need to move on so saying it to her and her 99,999999% turning you off should make you move on. And at least you will get that huge weight off your chest. However asking her to be with you or go out with you? She has a boyfriend that is sort of your friend, that is incredibly scummy thing to do to him. Would you even respect her if she says "Yes"? She would leave your friend for you, what would make you think she wouldnt do that thing to yourself later? See how wrong that is?

Posted (edited)

Her BF finds out you have been making moves on her, you will end up with a black eye.

She likes the attention from you that's it, that's why she's being receptive. She doesn't want to date you she's already proved that...she's dating the other guy.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Kwothe28 said:

I am going to go against the flow and say that you should at least tell her that you like her. To get it off your chest and move on. Youve been stuck up on this girl for a while and you need to move on so saying it to her and her 99,999999% turning you off should make you move on. And at least you will get that huge weight off your chest. However asking her to be with you or go out with you? She has a boyfriend that is sort of your friend, that is incredibly scummy thing to do to him. Would you even respect her if she says "Yes"? She would leave your friend for you, what would make you think she wouldnt do that thing to yourself later? See how wrong that is?

Very disrespectful to his friend. Totally against bro code.  He should have done it long ago.   

It is clear that she does not like him in that way-told his friends- I don't understand why he won't give up.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Hollyj said:

Very disrespectful to his friend. Totally against bro code.  He should have done it long ago.   

It is clear that she does not like him in that way-told his friends- I don't understand why he won't give up.

Well, for start, he seem young and crushing over her. Therefore not rational kind. So getting rejected directly should maybe do the trick in him moving on. When we are young we tend to crush like that. If he doesnt do it he would go to neverending cycle of him lusting over her to God knows how much and not moving on to next one. He doesnt want to listen to friends its clear as day. So he needs to try himself. But yes, even looking at friends girl like that, not cool.

2 hours ago, Kwothe28 said:

Well, for start, he seem young and crushing over her. Therefore not rational kind. So getting rejected directly should maybe do the trick in him moving on. When we are young we tend to crush like that. If he doesnt do it he would go to neverending cycle of him lusting over her to God knows how much and not moving on to next one. He doesnt want to listen to friends its clear as day. So he needs to try himself. But yes, even looking at friends girl like that, not cool.

It doesn't mean that he should tell her when she is dating someone else.  I don't care how old he is. Terrible.

5 hours ago, Hollyj said:

It doesn't mean that he should tell her when she is dating someone else.  I don't care how old he is. Terrible.

bruh I'm not gonna do it when she dating that man but if she break up with him I would bc he is pretty cool and ik if she gonna do that *** to him she gonna do the same thing to me

" I'm going to have to make my move soon though because my friend has stepped it up about telling her I like her and it might happen sometime this week if not tomorrow. I'm going to her house tmr too so if anything happens Ill post the results. "    

That's not what you said here.