She's on a dating app to ONLY see if was there?

Go to solution Solved by DancingFool,

Posted (edited)

The ex wanted to come visit this weekend and said she wasn't texting or seeing anyone waiting only for me.

I then asked why she's on a dating app and she said

"I wanted to find if you're there"

But if that's the case why did she add nice pictures from a wedding, connect with instagram, add university etc.

Is that another "half-truth" that seems to only come from this person?

Yes, it was stupid for me to open that email, I was going to close the account but realized if anyone important needs to contact me it's through that email...I even have upcoming vaccination appointment registered through it, so I cant just change it at the moment ūüėē

This whole mess started with her sleeping over at her "exes" and it's just gotten worse and worse..and apparently I am the bad person for accusing her of not telling the truth with regards to her ex and making things up and making her feel like the bad one and demands respect..

Since when is saying something like - I am sorry, but sleeping over at your exes crossed my boundaries. Also ditching plans last second to visit for my birthday after not being able to visit for months to instead party with strangers and guys at some cottage was not very respectful.

Also - if anyone knows if there is a way to have messages automatically deleted in trash in gmail I'd appreciate that just so I dont keep seeing these messages pop up...

Yes, it was stupid of me to respond. Anyways, is this person just not able to tell the truth?

Edited by mical
  • Solution

No she can't tell the truth. Yes she is totally toxic and psycho. Yes she is treating you like a complete idiot by telling you the bs that she did about her dating account. No, she doesn't respect you at all. 

The real question - what more do you need in order to understand the above and move on from this basket case? I mean aren't you even a little bit disgusted with her that she thinks you are such a fool that she can lie to you like that? Stop expecting manipulative liars to be honest and start believing people when they show you who they really are. Trash isn't gold, OP.

As for the e-mails, it's already going into the trash folder. You do have to learn some common sense willpower - you see an e-mail from her, hit that empty trash button and move on. It might actually feel good to exert some control over this and regain your personal power instead of opening it, reading it, and asking how high you should jump for her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not familiar with the backstory here (and clearly there is one) but if she's an ex, then:
1. She can be on dating apps if she wishes and owes no one an explanation, and 
2. No reason to "wait" for you.

This sounds like a lot of unnecessary angst.

2 hours ago, mical said:

The ex wanted to come visit this weekend and said she wasn't texting or seeing anyone waiting only for me.

I then asked why she's on a dating app and she said

"I wanted to find if you're there"

She is an EX . . Why are you asking her why she is on a dating site?  You two are not involved.. and many people are.

2 hours ago, mical said:

Yes, it was stupid for me to open that email, I was going to close the account but realized if anyone important needs to contact me it's through that email.

Why do you feel the need to rid of you email?

2 hours ago, mical said:

This whole mess started with her sleeping over at her "exes" and it's just gotten worse and worse..and apparently I am the bad person for accusing her of not telling the truth with regards to her ex and making things up and making her feel like the bad one and demands respect..

Huh?  She was over at an ex's place?

This is no good!

You two need to leave each other alone.  Don't play head games.. who did what to whom.. who's to blame,..following, etc

2 hours ago, mical said:

Since when is saying something like - I am sorry, but sleeping over at your exes crossed my boundaries. Also ditching plans last second to visit for my birthday after not being able to visit for months to instead party with strangers and guys at some cottage was not very respectful.

Like I said... back off, stay away.

Do not expect anything more with her.

(as for ditching your party... were you two involved?)

2 hours ago, mical said:

Yes, it was stupid of me to respond. Anyways, is this person just not able to tell the truth?

You are ex's for a reason.  You see her instability.  YOUR choice to keep dealing with her.

So... just stop!

Posted (edited)

We have told you over and over to block this person. 

I am going to stop giving you advice, because it's clear that you enjoy her attention - even if it's negative. You aren't helping yourself, so are you just looking for an audience here? 

Edited by MissCanuck
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mical said:

messages automatically deleted in trash in gmail I'd appreciate that just so I dont keep seeing these messages pop up...

Google it. Gmail has explicit info IF you actually wanted to block these mails or report them as spam, but you already know that. You also know no device has alerts/popups for spam, etc. So you are welcoming it into your inbox and enjoying the asinine war..

Edited by Wiseman2