Why is he suddenly uninterested??

I've been pinning after my crush for a while now(such as flirting with him, hitting on him etc etc) and yesterday was probably the first time he returned my flirting and was saying all this romantic stuff to me. But ever since I woke up he's been so dry and completely uninterested. I dont think I did anything wrong and I'm honestly just really confused. I think he still likes this girl who ghosted him and I'm just a reminder for that :/ what should I do or say??

I’m sorry you’re disappointed!  I think unfortunately many people sort of change their minds when it comes to flirting - and many read into flirting to mean more than it is.  Many years ago there was a really cute guy who flirted with me all the time.  We were summer interns at a large company.  Everyone saw how much he flirted with me.  So I asked him to lunch during the work day.  As soon as we sat down he was totally detached and clearly uncomfortable even though I wasn’t flirting with him.  He mentioned a girlfriend.  Obviously he enjoyed flirting with an audience - our co interns- and when he felt like it.  I misinterpreted it to mean  he was actually interested in me romantically. When a guy is interested in dating you he’ll ask you out on a date.  If he’s just interested in chatting and flirting he will do so at his convenience- when it’s fun for him.  I think you misinterpreted his flirting to mean he was interested in dating you.  I’m sorry I don’t think  he is and not because you did anything wrong.  He may want to flirt again at some point but I don’t think he’s interested in dating you. Im sorry. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Moonvika said:

I've been pinning after my crush for a while now(such as flirting with him, hitting on him etc etc) and yesterday was probably the first time he returned my flirting and was saying all this romantic stuff to me. But ever since I woke up he's been so dry and completely uninterested. I dont think I did anything wrong and I'm honestly just really confused. I think he still likes this girl who ghosted him and I'm just a reminder for that 😕 what should I do or say??

What do you mean since you woke up?  Are you sending him texts?  Do you usually reach out to him? 

10 minutes ago, Moonvika said:

I've been pinning after my crush for a while now such as flirting with him, hitting on him etc 

ever since I woke up he's been so dry and completely uninterested. 

How do you know him? Have you met in person? Do you work or go to school together? 

Stop chasing and "hitting on" guys.  Find boys who you know and who are interested in you.

Yeah, don't take it heart... flirting doesn't always mean much.

I am guessing you reached out to him and he's been non responsive?  Then just leave him be.... If he is into someone else, let him go.

Move on.. chin up!

The best thing you can do is find someone interested in you.  It's a good rule of thumb to always take mixed signals as "not interested" and don't waste your time.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Moonvika said:

I've been pinning after my crush for a while now(such as flirting with him, hitting on him etc etc) and yesterday was probably the first time he returned my flirting and was saying all this romantic stuff to me. But ever since I woke up he's been so dry and completely uninterested. I dont think I did anything wrong and I'm honestly just really confused. I think he still likes this girl who ghosted him and I'm just a reminder for that 😕 what should I do or say??

You don't have to say anything. It was a bit of fun and now walk away. Hot/cold isn't attractive or alluring. Take this as a clear message that you can move on to find someone else who feels the same way about you.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Moonvika said:

he returned my flirting and was saying all this romantic stuff to me

What was he saying?

10 hours ago, Moonvika said:

ever since I woke up he's been so dry and completely uninterested.

Do you expect him to be flirty and romantic every time he talks to you?

I would try to relax a bit. Understand that people have other things going on and may not always feel like have mushy chats. 

If the dry and uninterested tone persists, then it's your cue that he isn't interested and maybe got carried away with the flirting. I would encourage you to dial back your expectations, in any case. It's fun and flattering when a crush flirts back, but one night of flirty texts is not enough to assume the interest is truly mutual. You need to observe someone's behaviour over a longer period to get a real sense of where their heart and mind are at with you. 

As a guy here he's just not that interested in you or he's playing a game to make you feel like he doesn't care and then he'll start to flirt with you again. In any case, this is a guy you need to drop. Someone who's actually worth your time and effort will show that they actually care about you or at least enough to get to know you as a person. You're a woman, so you don't have to worry about meeting or getting any other guys interested in you. Just know how to weed out the bad ones and you'll find the right person eventually.

• Like 2

Who gives a flying flimflam. Just keep flirting with him and act as nothing happened.

Sometimes when a guy gets too over loaded with romantic feelings, go into their snail shell to reassess the situation...calm things down a bit.

Actions speak louder than words.  If he's ignoring and ghosting you, get his message by returning the favor.  Ignore and ghost him back.  He's obviously not interested in you.  I agree with others, move on.  I'm sorry he treated you this way. 

• Like 1