Hello All, I have a genuine question for the adults, it has been bothering me for quite a while.

Back in October, (There are 3 schoolmates involved.) I was just minding my business and suddenly I got cyber bullied with comments like these. "You're f*ing ugly lol" "My d* retracted back into my stomach after looking at you." This was stated by B and C. 

I was talking to B, asking what was the reason for it, he proceeded to not answer and called me the R slur after I asked again. He stated "Can you not read r*"

Later on into the day, I asked again and he added me to a group chat, where A sent my photo (Not nudes, just a post of myself on Instagram.) without consent. I felt uncomfortable, I still do since I still experience stuff like this. 

Is this technically considered harassment / cyber-bullying or-? Should I talk to someone in school about this?

7 hours ago, hoshi said:

Back in October.

Yes. Research cyber safety for teens and discuss resetting ALL your social media privacy settings with a trusted adult.

Restrict who can view your content. Clean out ALL the dead weight by deleting and blocking all unwanted people from ALL your social media and messaging apps.

You are too wide open and need a tech savvy adult to help you learn about safer internet activity.

Make sure you stay busy when school is out. That means sports, clubs, groups, volunteering, a summer job, etc. Get away from the screen and get outside for fitness and sports.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, hoshi said:

Hello All, I have a genuine question for the adults, it has been bothering me for quite a while.

Back in October, (There are 3 schoolmates involved.) I was just minding my business and suddenly I got cyber bullied with comments like these. "You're f*ing ugly lol" "My d* retracted back into my stomach after looking at you." This was stated by B and C. 

I was talking to B, asking what was the reason for it, he proceeded to not answer and called me the R slur after I asked again. He stated "Can you not read r*"

Later on into the day, I asked again and he added me to a group chat, where A sent my photo (Not nudes, just a post of myself on Instagram.) without consent. I felt uncomfortable, I still do since I still experience stuff like this. 

Is this technically considered harassment / cyber-bullying or-? Should I talk to someone in school about this?

Hoshi, this is wrong. Don't let them take advantage of you like this. Yes, do talk to adults about this at school whom you trust or with your parents. Find other ways to spend your time and get rid of these individuals. Is there a reason why you've continued talking with them? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rose Mosse said:

Is there a reason why you've continued talking with them? 

Actually, in fact, I never talked with them ever since that incident. It's been months yet I remember this incident clearly. I emailed my principal about this. I just need to find my evidence which could take me a while to get back.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, hoshi said:

Actually, in fact, I never talked with them ever since that incident. It's been months yet I remember this incident clearly. I emailed my principal about this. I just need to find my evidence which could take me a while to get back.  

Good. Glad to hear this. Be more vigilant and alert and if you think that there's a bad crowd or individuals who treat others this way, avoid them. Stop all communication and don't be afraid to speak out. Talk with your parents if you can. Do you have support at home or anyone you can talk to? Don't self-alienate or push away loved ones or those who care about you.

• Like 1
Just now, Rose Mosse said:

Do you have support at home or anyone you can talk to?

I do have support at home, but I chose to tell the staff at my school to investigate thoroughly into this. My mom and dad do not know their parents contact information so their parents aren't aware of what is happening, I don't blame them, only their kids. However, my school can inform the parents about what they did, and hopefully let them reflect on themselves, preventing this from happening again to other people as well. 

• Like 1

Oh dear, these guys are real losers.

Glad you are standing up for yourself by notifying your principal. I hope you don't interact with these guys any more by blocking them completely from any social media!

Kids are mean and I wish I can say they get better as they aged, but some people are just mean even later in life. Just don't waste your time and energy on mean people. They will dim your light.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, hoshi said:

I do have support at home, but I chose to tell the staff at my school to investigate thoroughly into this. My mom and dad do not know their parents contact information so their parents aren't aware of what is happening, I don't blame them, only their kids. However, my school can inform the parents about what they did, and hopefully let them reflect on themselves, preventing this from happening again to other people as well. 

Good. Be aggressive about standing up for yourself.

Don't make it easy for people like them to hurt you or others.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, hoshi said:

so their parents aren't aware of what is happening, I don't blame them, only their kids. 

Right, but their parents are the ones who have the most power to put a stop to their kids' abusive ways. They need to know. 

I'm sorry you experienced this. You did the right thing seeking support through your parents and the school. 

• Like 1