Mrs

Been messaging a guy online for a few weeks, he says he works for the UN in Asia , he said he wants to come meet me in uk but I have to write a letter to the UN head quarters in USA and say I’m his fiancée and that I want him to come here , which I do , but am I being used for some ulterior motive ????

8 minutes ago, Pixie paws said:

Been messaging a guy online for a few weeks, he says he works for the UN in Asia , he said he wants to come meet me in uk but I have to write a letter to the UN head quarters in USA and say I’m his fiancée and that I want him to come here , which I do , but am I being used for some ulterior motive ????

My immediate reaction is hell NO!  I would lose his name and number. And yes, I would say you are being used for some ulterior motive (imo).  Block. Go full NC.

• Like 1

He probably just wants to get approved for a visa to the UK. Also if you say you're his fiancee, immigration will check that thoroughly. They will check your relationship history and all online communication most likely. If you only talked for a few weeks, they'll know you're not his fiancee. Why don't you want to date local guys?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

That makes zero sense.  Why would you even consider this with a stranger who lives on another continent?   Isn't there anyone in your own country?

Edited by Hollyj

Be very careful out there! 😕 

HUGE amount of scammers! Scammers of all kinds....

This guy is trying to use you to get to your country, etc.  Some people are unreal!

Do not do this.. and also be careful he does not manipulate you somehow!  I've known a few who've had stuff used against them, like threats!

And avoid a lot out there... you have NO idea who they all are! So, get away from this guy.. Just stop replying at all.. If they are on your FB, block, etc.

Get to know people of more familair ground.. more local, etc.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pixie paws said:

We are the same age , I’ve spoken to him in a video chat 

How do you know it was him? How do you know how old he is? Did you do a background check? How do you know if he was in another country or down the block from you? please be safe and ask yourself why you would interact with someone who would ask a stranger to lie to an official?

• Like 1

So you are the same age.  What is that age?  I think you must be pretty young.

Why would you believe something a total stranger tells you?   You dont know this guy at all.  You have no reason to believe or trust him in any way.  This most certainly sounds like a SCAM.  Lose his contact info.  Block and delete him.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Pixie paws said:

, he said he wants to come meet me in uk but I have to write a letter to the UN head quarters in USA and say I’m his fiancée 

It seems like you know he's a scammer.

Do not send money. Do not give out personal info. Immediately delete and block this entity.

The saddest part is you seem so lonely and isolated that you got caught up in this scam.

You're thread title is interesting. Is "Mrs" that important to you that this scammer got through to you?

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pixie paws said:

Are you desperate to get married? 

• Like 2