Another Beginning

Jibralta

20 hours ago, Jibralta said:

Persecution is a plague, and no race or creed is immune to it.

Yes, most don't care about Christians being persecuted though, it's forgotten a lot of times, even from history.

Modern persecution of Christians is still a huge problem, we get a magazine every month exposing what's still going on.  The Nigerian Christians are being cleansed and it's largely ignored by the media, UN or the US. 🤷  But yes any group can be persecuted.

4 hours ago, maritalbliss86 said:

it's forgotten a lot of times, even from history.

True. I am aware that persecution followed and/or caused divisions within the Christian faith, which is in part why there are so many different types of Christianity. But I don't know most of the specifics; I just have vague knowledge. For example, I know the conflict between Protestants and Catholics was pretty intense in England for some time, and I know that the Anabaptists fled the Rhineland because of persecution. Stuff like that.

Aside from the ancient stuff, I don't have a lot of information about the persecution of Christians by other religions. And I agree, the media is very selective about what it covers. It is beholden to $$$.

• Thanks 1

My coworker, Oscar, reminds me so much of my boss from Job 3, Daniel.

Daniel was (and is) a good dude. I worked for him for two years. He was a mix of tech nerd and idealist. It was because of Daniel that I was able to immerse myself into the learning of Revit as much as I did.

From a business standpoint, I thought that Daniel did things that made no sense. For example, there was literally no deadline for any project. He never seemed to make the connection between time and money.

My boyfriend thought that maybe Daniel had gotten a large inheritance, and wasn't worried about money. Years later, I think that my boyfriend was probably right. 

Oscar reminds me of Daniel because of the way he over-explains things. During my first couple days at the job, I thought it was really nice that this guy was willing to take his time to explain things so thoroughly. And nice that the company made it possible.

And I still think it's really nice, but oh my god someone make Oscar shut up! Stop explaining, Oscar! I understand the concept, Oscar! For god's sakes, I understand!! He just won't stop explaining things--that was my pet peeve about Daniel, to the point where I simply stopped asking questions.

During jobs 4, 5, and 6, I sorely missed the patient explainer of things. But it hasn't taken long before I started hating it again, lol!

Edited by Jibralta