Posted (edited)

If your ex-girlfriend, who you haven't spoken to in nearly 20 years, sent you a message in IG with a link to Frankie Knuckles' Your Love song (Your Love) how would you interpret it? Mind you that this was NEVER our song nor had any significance during our relationship, but if you were to listen to the lyrics you could see a clear message there. What should I make of it?

Edited by justadude05
1 hour ago, justadude05 said:

If your ex-girlfriend, who you haven't spoken to in nearly 20 years, sent you a message in IG

Unfortunately, it sounds like she just got dumped/divorced and is desperate for attention. Are you in a relationship?

26 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Unfortunately, it sounds like she just got dumped/divorced and is desperate for attention. Are you in a relationship?

I’ve been married for 16 years but you can’t exactly call it a happy marriage…

7 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

Inappropriate. I would interpret it as spam.

Are you wanting to speak with her for some reason? 

Well she was a very important part of my life…I’m married with kids and I wouldn’t do anything to compromise my family, but I do think of her from time to time…

1 minute ago, justadude05 said:

Well she was a very important part of my life…I’m married with kids and I wouldn’t do anything to compromise my family, but I do think of her from time to time…

I hate to say this but you're going to have to go the long route and take a good, hard look at your marriage. This random ex can be whatever you want her to be but essentially her message shouldn't mean a thing. Don't overcomplicate your situation. Block and delete her contact. Go back to your marriage and figure out what's wrong in it. Fix it or end it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

I hate to say this but you're going to have to go the long route and take a good, hard look at your marriage. This random ex can be whatever you want her to be but essentially her message shouldn't mean a thing. Don't overcomplicate your situation. Block and delete her contact. Go back to your marriage and figure out what's wrong in it. Fix it or end it. 

You’re absolutely right!

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

^ I second the above post in its entirety.  Nailed it.

Married 16 years and kids.  I get the ego boost and excitement this can lead to, but you really don't want to go messing around with some ancient ex.  Divorce can be messy and expensive and broken homes are no fun either for everyone involved.   If your marriage is unhappy then either work on it, go for marriage counselling, or make a clean break if it's that bad.

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Capricorn3 said:

^ I second the above post in its entirety.  Nailed it.

Married 16 years and kids.  I get the ego boost and excitement this can lead to, but you really don't want to go messing around with some ancient ex.  Divorce can be messy and expensive and broken homes are no fun either for everyone involved.   If your marriage is unhappy then either work on it, go for marriage counselling, or make a clean break if it's that bad.

Thank you for the advice. I’m really glad I posted this! It’s the reality check I needed.

Edited by justadude05
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, justadude05 said:

I’ve been married for 16 years but you can’t exactly call it a happy marriage…

Does not mean you go running to an EX, I hope?  Some self control would help at this time.

As for her?  is just a song.  You don't know at all, how she is at this time in her life. Vice-versa.

Tread carefully.

I personally probably wouldn't reply or even if I did reply, I'd just be friendly and polite and that's all. I mean, even if you're not in a happy marriage, after twenty years there is no guarantee that things between you and your ex would be the same. She's an ex for a reason and that's because it was obviously not working out. Sometimes people do get back together with their ex but twenty years is a very long time and that connection is most likely lost now. That's if you were single, which you're actually not.

• Like 1