Should I walk away

I met this guy at work around a month ago. He was volunteering.

We started messaging and we saw each other almost every other day for almost 2 weeks. 

He had said that he would be busy when they started to reopen his business ahead of restrictions easing in May. 

It has been 3 weeks since then and we have not seen each other since. The communication is minimal at times. 

I have asked if he wanted to forget about it for now as he is so busy and I don't want to be strung along but he has insisted he doesn’t. 

Should i walk away? 

A guy warns you he won't be able to see you....what does that tell you? This guy can't or won't give you what you need. It's a no brainer....walk away. You should be dating other men.

25 minutes ago, McCoolbananas said:

He had said that he would be busy when they started to reopen his business ahead of restrictions easing in May. 

It has been 3 weeks since then and we have not seen each other since.

Were you dating?  If it was just seeing him at work or as fiends and he's busy now all you can do is relax and see if he gets in touch when he's not as busy.

I mean that's your choice, isn't it? Either you want to leave him be and give him an option to return later on or not.

Meanwhile, don't sit around waiting on him as if you are in a relationship. You are not. So, do go on with your life - friends, hobbies, dating other people, etc. If/when he returns, then you can evaluate where you are and whether you should carry on with him or not. What is benefiting you is the question here. Don't ever put your life on hold for a "maybe later".

• Like 1

Choice is yours... knowing he was going to get busy.

You have now questioned him on whether he wants to continue this... he said he would.

So, can you handle this 'minimal' interaction?  Is all very new.

If you choose, you can give it more time.  To see if this will continue on for a long time, or IF he'll give you some of his time and give more effort.

It's only been a month. ( I guess you got so used to seeing him every cpl days, etc, but you aren't anymore).

That is a lot of time spent together, anyways, just getting to know someone..

Often, as things settle down within a relationship, seeing each other less is common. - like on weekends only. So, although you did see him that much, does not mean it will be like that as much anymore.

Does he reach out to you on occasion, not just doing so? - Even though its been minimal.

I would consider any need for me to decide anything about this guy to be unnecessary. Either I'll hear from him again during a better time, or I won't. 

There wouldn't be anything left for me to say or do about that, other than to continue to date other people and see what might shake out from that.

I don't believe in burning bridges unless it involves someone who might cause me harm.