We got our posting message !! Yay!!

Our move date is 15 July unless they don’t have room for us where we are going then we can stay here a bit longer . 

Now, my daycare contract states I only need to give people two weeks notice to find new care. I feel I should give people longer considering the current climate and it is almost impossible to get care right now. My last working day if I am moving the 15th would be June 30th. 

Should I announce I am moving June 1? 

Edited by Seraphim
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Lambert said:

Congratulations, Seraphim! I remember you commenting this was a major stressor. yay!

I think its respectful to give a much notice as possible.  why not? 

It is hard to know until we know we are guaranteed a place there if not then we have to hold back moving for a few months. 

2 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Financially, if they left earlier than July 15th, can you make it ok?

It would be tight but , yes. He might be able to go on IR ahead of us and we move later. We have done that before . 

Basically  what the issue is is that the housing market is utterly ridiculous completely and utterly unsustainable. So military members are flooding back into military housing. But what happened for years was people lived out on the economy so they tore down half of their housing. Now all of a sudden they need the housing again and it isn’t there. Plus most of the existing military housing is ancient and needs a lot of repair. My current home is from the 40’s. So they have hundreds and hundreds of people waiting in line for the few houses available. 

The area that I will be moving to they are asking $3000 a month in rent for a TOWNHOUSE . Yeah, no. My current rent is $800. 

Congratulations!

Have you ever been to the new post area?  Is it nice?

As far as your clients go I would put yourself in their shoes.  What would you want if you were suddenly having to find new daycare?  Do you know other daycare operators you could recommend to them? 

Anyways good lick on housing, I know it is always a struggle with military families.  You would think they could buy one less tank or jet and fix all the housing at every base.

Lost

16 minutes ago, lostandhurt said:

Congratulations!

Have you ever been to the new post area?  Is it nice?

As far as your clients go I would put yourself in their shoes.  What would you want if you were suddenly having to find new daycare?  Do you know other daycare operators you could recommend to them? 

Anyways good lick on housing, I know it is always a struggle with military families.  You would think they could buy one less tank or jet and fix all the housing at every base.

Lost

Oh yes I have been there many times . I have been training there several years myself in the 90s. The new area is just as beautiful as the one we’re leaving. Mind you it’s also in the snow belt and the tornado belt which this area isn’t. But we are much closer to family. Many pluses. 

• Like 3