Husband or daughter

3 hours ago, boltnrun said:

call a domestic abuse hotline. They have attorneys on their payroll who will assist you. You can call them today.

Op.  It has been suggested already that you call a helpline.  There is no need to wait.

Here is a helpline:

https://ncadv.org/resources

They will provide you with information.  And signpost you to a lawyer.

Please do this now.  And no one here is being "mean" to you.  Just trying to encourage to take action NOW. Please phone those helplines. 

Or you can key in the words "women's aid" followed by the name of the State where you are located. 

Edited by LaHermes
  • Like 3
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It wouldn’t even be a matter of her feeling like you chose your abusive a-hole husband, you are choosing and have chosen him. Your daughter is frightened and gone. Your husband is happy he got what he

Wow Op. I think I need more info.  like why is your hubs so angry? and why is it ok for him to not control his temper? He is the adult here, no? What are you doing in this? Has he always had a temper?

These are all excuses. Call a domestic abuse hotline TODAY and ask for help. They will provide you with shelter at no cost. If your other kids can't stay with their father then bring them with yo

1 hour ago, Mommy1995 said:

I do not want to stay with him.  I was just saying I can't afford an attorney.  Look, I'm trying to do the right thing here.  You don't have to be mean.

Then do something.   All of these fantastic people have offered you many resources.   Use them and stop making excuses!

1 hour ago, Mommy1995 said:

I do not want to stay with him.  I was just saying I can't afford an attorney.  Look, I'm trying to do the right thing here.  You don't have to be mean.

What area are you in? In the US, I was able to get an attorney for pro bono since was related to abuse and an order of protection.  Also, you are entitled to have your husband pay for the lawyer.  You should consult with an attorney to find out your options.  Many consult meetings are free.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, tattoobunnie said:

What area are you in? In the US, I was able to get an attorney for pro bono since was related to abuse and an order of protection.  Also, you are entitled to have your husband pay for the lawyer.  You should consult with an attorney to find out your options.  Many consult meetings are free.

I'm in North Mississippi

If you were given referrals to legal advice that would be a good place to start.

But you do need to make sure you and your kids are safe from the abuser. Can you stay elsewhere for a couple of weeks? Since you have a job you have money you can use to get an Air BnB or a motel room. 

• Like 1