Ex bf who broke up with me after losing someone in his family wants to hang out ?

redten

My ex boyfriend contacted me a few days ago if I wanted to meet up.. we agreed to break things off after he couldn't deal with his grief, he lost family members and felt isolated. After continuing to be "friends" for a few days he suddenly stopped all contact and I didn't hear from him for a month until he told me he was heading back to my town for a tattoo. we live fairly apart from each other and I felt as if he only wanted to see me for sex or something.... should i give it a chance and go hang out with him? 

First, get super clear on what you want. 

Sometimes we go through life letting other people or depending on other people, to tell us what things are or decide how it's gonna be.

Maybe that's human nature or how we fill our needs to have people in our lives. But does that lead us to find the right people? 

Do the right people for us jerk us around? 

In reading your post. I thought, grief can cause a person to pull away.  To need to break up.  It's a very personal thing.  So is that really jerking someone around? 

Only you know if it is. Were things otherwise good? And this is a rough patch? that he didn't handle well? Or is it just another rough patch, in a line of rough patches? 

Do you really think he just wants sex? or is that your fear? That is also very telling. 

I think you should press him to tell you why he wants to hang out. If he's not sure or it doesn't align with what you want for yourself and from him, don't do it. 

1 hour ago, redten said:

he told me he was heading back to my town for a tattoo.  I felt as if he only wanted to see me for sex or something.... 

Sorry this happened. Your instincts are correct.

Whenever an ex contacts you it's for their own agenda.

In this case some drive-by easy sex on his way to get a tattoo.

It would be best to cease all contact. Delete and block him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps.

5 hours ago, redten said:

My ex boyfriend contacted me a few days ago if I wanted to meet up.. we agreed to break things off after he couldn't deal with his grief, he lost family members and felt isolated. After continuing to be "friends" for a few days he suddenly stopped all contact and I didn't hear from him for a month until he told me he was heading back to my town for a tattoo. we live fairly apart from each other and I felt as if he only wanted to see me for sex or something.... should i give it a chance and go hang out with him? 

It's probably not a good idea if you still have feelings for him.

I agree with above... You can't go there if you still have feelings 😕 

He broke it off... now he wants to hang out with you.

Think of YOU first in this... can you handle it?

I feel you will give in & do this, as the choice is yours & you do care for him... But, remember, his mind and emotions at this time is unstable.  He may want/need some emotional or physical support from you.

Archived