He ignored me for a weekend ?

Feels like I’m [24F] being played with [28M]

Guy I’ve been seeing normally texts me every day even if it’s small talk. But, he went the whole weekend without saying a word to me which was odd. 

He apologized and texted me this “ i wanna see you it’s been a few days. And I feel like you think i don’t want to be with you. I love being with you nobody treats me like you” am i being played a fool by him?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GretNiZ said:

he went the whole weekend without saying a word to me which was odd. 

He apologized and texted me this “ i wanna see you it’s been a few days. And I feel like you think i don’t want to be with you. I love being with you nobody treats me like you” 

How long have you been dating? Are you exclusive? How often do you normally see each other? 

Is this the same man?:

Edited by Wiseman2
1 minute ago, Wiseman2 said:

How long have you been dating? Are you exclusive? How often do you normally see each other? 

We talk everyday. I’ve been seeing him since March 24th 

3 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

We see each other at least twice a week

If you're not exclusive, you have no right to call him out, which apparently you did as per his reply.

If you two had decided to become exclusive and you have certain expectations of a bf, then certainly you can communicate that and see if your partner is on the same page. If a bf doesn't feel the need to hear your voice or communicate at least once a day and meet up a few times a week, then you end it and find someone who is a satisfactory partner to you.

If you have to pout, be angry at, or yell at someone who has no interest in keeping daily contact, just know it's the wrong tactic, and demanding attention shows your low self worth, and shows your lack of awareness of what it means to be in a healthy relationship.

When you think of yourself as a prize, a person will know he will have to treat you special to keep you in his life.

When you act like a doormat, he will wipe his dirty boots all over you.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Andrina said:

If you're not exclusive, you have no right to call him out, which apparently you did as per his reply.

If you two had decided to become exclusive and you have certain expectations of a bf, then certainly you can communicate that and see if your partner is on the same page. If a bf doesn't feel the need to hear your voice or communicate at least once a day and meet up a few times a week, then you end it and find someone who is a satisfactory partner to you.

If you have to pout, be angry at, or yell at someone who has no interest in keeping daily contact, just know it's the wrong tactic, and demanding attention shows your low self worth, and shows your lack of awareness of what it means to be in a healthy relationship.

When you think of yourself as a prize, a person will know he will have to treat you special to keep you in his life.

When you act like a doormat, he will wipe his dirty boots all over you.

I haven’t yelled or anything like that but i am trying to see where this is going. He’s great as far as coming to see me but i do want communication at least once a day 

Sounds like he has a guilty conscience, yet the question is "Why"?  It's possible that someone else is in the picture--just a guess.

Either way when someone wants you in their life, they'll find the time, make the time and leave you with no doubt as to where you stand.

Did you ask him why he didn't contact you?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, GretNiZ said:

i am trying to see where this is going. He’s great as far as coming to see me.

Can you text him and visit him? He's the drinker/smoker? If it's just a few weeks dating, you are both still talking to and meeting others. Sounds like he's playing the field. 

He keeps making creepy statements such as "you're too employed for my taste" or "why don't you mind my smoking/drinking".

That alone should tell you where it's going, more so than making relationship demands like texting daily. 

It's your call whether you want this going anywhere. Rather than wonder about him, start talking to and meeting men who aren't this strange, stoned, drinking, incompatible, flaky, etc.

Try not to overinvest in someone who can't be bothered except to show up .

Edited by Wiseman2
20 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Are you two in an exclusive,  committed relationship?  If not, expecting daily texts is a little unrealistic.

I’m not sure myself honestly i feel like he doesn’t like me 

• Sad 1
20 minutes ago, GretNiZ said:

I’m not sure myself honestly i feel like he doesn’t like me 

You don't like yourself, so until you do, you won't find anyone decent. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Andrina said:

You don't like yourself, so until you do, you won't find anyone decent. 

I love myself I just seen this pattern and most guys don’t talk because they lost interest 

22 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm sorry. 

Did he say why?

Yes he was very specific 

I like you. I really do. But you’re too good for man like me. Your young, smart, and you work hard. You have all your *** together and no kids. The whole world is yours and you deserve to be with someone with a clean slate. “ 

6 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Well, you don't smoke or drink and he does.  Also, does he have kids?  Curious as to why he mentioned kids.

Yes he has a 2 year old

2 hours ago, GretNiZ said:

I like you. I really do. But you’re too good for man like me. Your young, smart, and you work hard. You have all your *** together and no kids. The whole world is yours and you deserve to be with someone with a clean slate. “ 

- Okay then.. you walk away.. His choice. 

No begging, no following.. nothing!

Hes right- YOU deserve someone who is not like him.

• Like 2

If he sincerely believes that then he is in no place to be dating anyone. 

If it’s him trying to let you down gently then he isn’t feeling it and he doesn’t draw this out and hurt you more. 

Either way, this one isn’t a good match for you. The final part of successful dating I think is assimilating and acting upon the information once you have it, that the other person is a bad match. 

8 hours ago, GretNiZ said:

But you’re too good for man like me. Your young, smart, and you work hard. You have all your *** together and no kids. The whole world is yours and you deserve to be with someone with a clean slate. “ 

Sorry this happened. This was his mantra from the start.

It's code for "I'm looking for a no-brainer easy sex fwb type thing"

He knows he's a lowlife and wants to keep it that way.

Delete and block him from all your social media and messaging apps.

10 hours ago, 1a1a said:

If he sincerely believes that then he is in no place to be dating anyone. 

If it’s him trying to let you down gently then he isn’t feeling it and he doesn’t draw this out and hurt you more. 

Either way, this one isn’t a good match for you. The final part of successful dating I think is assimilating and acting upon the information once you have it, that the other person is a bad match. 

He wasn’t trying to date me at first then he told me he was interested after getting to know me 

On 5/3/2021 at 10:10 PM, GretNiZ said:

Fair enough. He wants someone more like himself. Next.

6 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Fair enough. He wants someone more like himself. Next.

Yep, my ex did drugs and didn't have a job and lived off his dad and stayed up all night. He even told me he was looking for someone like himself and he wouldn't stop looking until he found her (which he did). I worked and paid rent and bills and raised my kids and didn't use drugs, so yeah, we were not a match.

You can find someone better suited to you.