Blocked on facebook and messenger

Hi all, I'm a little confused, was talking to someone and annoyed her (misunderstanding) so blocked me on both Facebook and messenger, I never deleted the chat and can still see when she's active, last active, if I'm blocked why do I still see this? I can't message as it states user not available on messenger! Also if she wanted to unblock me can she still do this as I still have the old chat open?

Many thanks I'm new to FB

22 minutes ago, Darcus30 said:

We were never an item just flirty banter, but I stupidly sent her a present to work, was just as a friend and I said that in the note but said she wasn't happy and blocked me.

Have you been dating? How do you know her and where she works?

6 minutes ago, Darcus30 said:

Was her birthday  thats all, just a nice few funny presents that were relevant to our conversations, nothing seedy

Ok, it's a bit forward to send someone gifts to their workplace. Particularly if you have never met or don't know each other and are not dating.

Even then, in person is a better way to address a birthday. 

Why send gifts rather than asking to have a drink sometime?

Is she married/seeing someone? 

• Like 1
Just now, Darcus30 said:

Yes we have met in the gym, known her over a year. I was just trying to be nice, obvs I regret sending to work as that's what pissed her off.

Ok, can't undo so just step back and don't contact her. Next time ask someone out for a drink instead.

23 minutes ago, Hollyj said:

I think her behavior is strange, unless you are leaving something out.   

I suspect that they were much less close than the OP thinks and she got totally creeped out by him sending her a present to her workplace. Mentioning where she works is not an invitation to look up the address and send anything. He overstepped basic boundaries in a major way.

To answer the FB question - you are blocked. It doesn't delete your convo, but it stops you from contacting her.

It's probably best that you chalk this up to lesson learned and stay away from her going forward. She is sending you a very clear message that she is not interested in you in any way, including friendship.

• Like 1

She doesn't want to talk to you so best to cut your losses and walk away. What good does it do wondering if she can re-add you back? She doesn't like you. Don't keep hurting yourself. 

The FB issue is just an app glitch most likely where you can see her online/offline. 

Move forwards from this and don't look back. You made a mistake sending anything over and misjudged the friendship. 

Edited by Rose Mosse
34 minutes ago, Darcus30 said:

Not romantic but was flirting on both sides, just some led bottles and little things that we mentioned in conversation. I even put a note in saying from  a friend 

Unfortunately, I think she may have been put off by these gifts. May have been a little too familiar for her at this stage in your relationship. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Darcus30 said:

Not romantic but was flirting on both sides, just some led bottles and little things that we mentioned in conversation. I even put a note in saying from  a friend 

Who knows what she was thinking.