My ex wants my mobile number

amanda4041

Me and my ex dated for a short time. And we broke up and don’t remember why we did. But out of the blue my ex found me on Facebook and contacted me trying to get me to talk to him. And now he’s asking for my mobile number so he can text me. I don’t know what to do. I’m so confused what should I do?

5 minutes ago, amanda4041 said:

We dated for a short time didn’t last long  we never had kids between us.  The both of us don’t remember why we broke up. It was couple of years ago back in 2003. And out of the blue he’s asking for my number?

That's more than "a couple of years ago"!  Like, 18 years ago.

Do you have fond memories of this long ago ex?  Are you currently in a relationship?  Is he?

Ohh, okay, so a good while ago.

Well, sounds like he is curious on what's up with you.  If no harm in that, then agree to it?

That or suggest you prefer to just chat there, online.

Just remember, if it's been quite a few years since you've been around him, guarantee he has changed. So, take it easy in this..

6 hours ago, amanda4041 said:

my ex found me on Facebook and contacted me trying to get me to talk to him. And now he’s asking for my mobile number 

Whenever an ex contacts you, it's for their own agenda.

Dry spell, easy sex, dumping about something, in between relationships, just got dumped, etc.

It's best to delete and block him. If you are curious, he may not reveal the real reasons at first. It may come across as "thinking about you, let's get together".

He doesn't need your mobile to DM you.

if there is nothing positive about this contact or the relationship you had with your ex and you are feeling super disturbed with it which we can sense it is, just gently tell him you don't want any contact as you are busy with your life now. Thank you for understanding, thereafter block him and keep moving on in life.....sometimes setting aside emotions and keeping things simple and practical actually helps our mental well being a lot.

14 hours ago, amanda4041 said:

Me and my ex dated for a short time. And we broke up and don’t remember why we did. But out of the blue my ex found me on Facebook and contacted me trying to get me to talk to him. And now he’s asking for my mobile number so he can text me. I don’t know what to do. I’m so confused what should I do?

"NO" is a complete sentence.  Unless you actually want to talk to him.

Archived