I think i might be in love with my bestfriend and sometimes i feel like she might like me back (girls)

So me and my bestfriend have been friends for about 5 years already. All of high school. We’ve been all each others had our bond is like no other friendship i know she feels the same. I’m not really too sure when i started feeling this way but it’s been a while already. I don’t understand my feelings for her I’ve never thought about doing anything sexual with her but i’ve looked at her and admired how pretty she is and thought about how it would feel to kiss her. She knows i’m bisexual and she’s always telling me how’s she’s not lesbian and likes boys. But sometimes on different occasions it’s felt like she’s flirted with me. For example we were walking with one of my other best friends talking and she joked “It’s okay i’ll be your boyfriend” even though she’s a girl and my other friend thought it was weird. She’s also complimented me and just recently she said “I’m not lesbian but sometimes i just wish you could be my boyfriend” and i said “me?” and she said “well girlfriend but in a friendly way”. She’s also said how she couldn’t date a girl bc she couldn’t give up boys because she likes a mans touch. I’ve always believed her when she says she’s straight but sometimes she confuses me. 

She's your 'best friend', how about you leave it at that and don't confuse things/ risk ruining your friendship.

Don't react to her 'talk'.  (take it as joking around, only).

If someone is a true friend, you don't want to cross those lines.

• Thanks 1

As someone who has been in your situation, let me tell you this will not be easy. 

I’m also bi, My best friend and me honestly used to act like a couple, but she only ever dated boys and had really religious parents so I assumed she couldn’t be into girls. This was all in highschool for me too. I don’t know how deep in your feelings you are with your friend but I remember my best friend was my first love, and it was like that for 2 years. 

to this day she doesn’t know, but looking back at it all I can honestly say I regret not being honest. As I got older I realized that the things we did were not what best friends normally do or even say lol. I do think that she probably felt the same way but would never actually admit to that given her situation. 

In the end you can get people who will tell you to just be honest with her and people Who will say she’s probably not into you like that, but regardless it’s up to you. But being in your situation I know how scary it can be, on one hand you can tell her and risk losing a best friend, or end up in a relationship with your best friend, so it’s nerve wracking.

on the other hand you have to consider that if you never tell her, you could look back at it one day and regret it like I did. 

Timing is everything. I wouldn’t tell her just yet, right now, even if she did have hidden feelings for you , her comments suggest she wouldn’t accept them right now, AKA try to convince herself that she doesn’t have feelings. If there’s ever a moment or a conversation with her that screams “I like you” I would honestly tell Her during that. You can even try to add on to her weird comments to see how she reacts, for example if she ever brings up “wanting you to be like her boyfriend” jokingly ask if she thinks she could handle being in a relationship with you 😅, or something that’s not too forward. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hereforanswers said:

She knows i’m bisexual and she’s always telling me how’s she’s not lesbian and likes boys. 

This is the only thing you need to pay attention to. She's not interested in you sexually.

Don't ruin a good friendship by pushing the boundaries.

Get on some LGBT dating apps and explore this on your own time in your own way.

• Thanks 1