Hey, hoshi here. 

I'm writing this because I need help figuring out my feelings.

I like this guy, but so far I feel like I don't wanna text him.

We see each other in track, we look at each other too. But on social media, we started to talk less. I don't have the energy to text him at all, and I've been feeling depressed lately. He is starting to notice too since I text him everyday, and now I don't, but he just left it alone and looked at me today with concerning eyes more often. I notice but I ignore him too. He started to stop talking to me as well to give me space.

Honestly, I feel like I don't have the motivation to do anything. I feel emotionally and physically drained. I feel like crying too and going through a crisis.

Can anyone help me since I can't put this emotion in words? What should I do?

1 minute ago, melancholy123 said:

As for the guy, do you actually like him or is he just a friend?

He's my best friend, I like him too.

I would see a doctor too, but this happens a few times a year. I'm afraid it got worse during this point though. 

Is this the same guy in your other thread that said he can't date you? If so, sorry to hear this. I think you need to be realistic that you want something he can't give. Why give someone else that power over you? Press time out and go out, spend time with other friends and less time looking at or talking to this guy.

I think most people would be in a funk hanging around someone whom they have feelings for and that same person isn't interested in dating them. You're creating this situation for yourself. The good part? I don't think anything about this is unique or unusual and I don't think it's impossible to change.

If you do need more support or want to talk to a doctor, by all means. I think you should start with a few changes and start meeting/spending time with other friends too. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

Is this the same guy in your other thread that said he can't date you? If so, sorry to hear this. I think you need to be realistic that you want something he can't give.

My feelings towards him isn't related in this. The emotional thing isn't related with him. Here, he's a best friend. The other thread, he's a guy I like.

It's not that I feel depressed over his so called "Rejection," I completely understood that I can't date him yet, because I'm not ready either. (I confessed to him because I felt like he should know, not that I want to date him.) 

I feel depressed because of nothing, I don't know why I'm feeling this at all. I don't want it to interfere with anything else but it's spreading to our friendship and it shows.

Edited by hoshi
1 minute ago, Rose Mosse said:

Is he the only person you talk to?

He's a person who I frequently talk to, some of my other friends I talk to half of the time since I don't have their contact info. But for him, I have his contact info.

If I knew then that there were different types of support or counsellors back then that I could speak to (confidentially) I might have but I don't think my school had access to that. I think it's great if yours does. Try seeing if these are available. 

Do you have any other outside pressures from other friends or family?

Edited by Rose Mosse
3 minutes ago, Rose Mosse said:

Do you have any other outside pressures from other friends or family?

I don't think I do. I just feel emotionally exhausted from testing and being social too much I guess.

I get the same way also and value my time alone as well as with family and friends. It helps me recharge and feel more spirited and grounded for a new day. 

There are some days nothing does it like tea and a good book.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, hoshi said:

Honestly, I feel like I don't have the motivation to do anything. I feel emotionally and physically drained. I feel like crying too and going through a crisis.

I experienced this a few years ago.. and no, I could not handle much at all :/. I fell apart.. I needed therapy.

I am still noted at 'mentally & emotionally exhausted'.. and with each challenge, I couldn't do it.  So, I warn ppl, don't expect much from me.. If you want my help with something, I need ample warning, to prep for it, etc.

I think you should remain on your own.. not get involved, until you can feel more like yourself again, as relationships take time from you & energy.  I have not been into that in a while.

I suggest, you just focus on you.  You need some serious down time, right?  Then give yourself that!

Where there are no demands.. no expectations etc.. and just learn to relax, enjoy your own time.. be lazy, get into a fave show/ movie.. or lost in your music.

I slowly went from adult colouring books.. journalling.. and now crochet ( with help of an anxiety med for a while, weaning off that and now just a mood stablizer).

Sometimes, we just need 'our world', to slow down!

So, do take this as your mind/body is telling you something and tend to that.. so you can work on YOU.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, hoshi said:

I feel like I don't have the motivation to do anything. I feel emotionally and physically drained. I feel like crying too and going through a crisis.

Sounds like you're both bored of texting. That ok.

As far as your depression,ask your parents to take you to a doctor.

• Like 1

Whenever I've gone into a down cycle, I try to preserve my relationships by telling friends, "I really care about you, and I hope you won't view my recent shut down as any reflection on you. I'm going through a thing, and I hope you won't mind me reaching out to you down the road when I'm better able to speak."

Then you can just leave it alone with a trust that you've done what you can to mend any ideas others might hold about being blown off.

• Like 1