Me & My Girlfriend Break Up

For the past month and some change me and my girlfriend have been arguing constantly day after day mind you we're still very young. We've broke up a previous time to the same issue but was able to get back together to try and make it work. We were in love but argued over small things everyday like petty stuff, not being able to see each other, etc & would have trouble communicating and understanding each other during and after arguments. Recently she had been explaining to me the arguing was making her depressed & that it was affecting her mental health in many ways but when we weren't arguing we were perfectly fine. And recently our arguments have been getting to the if we should break up point and we kept saying we wouldn't and we want to be together. After my last argument with her it got that break up point again & I just got to the point where I said I believe that she would be happier with out me at the moment and I think she should work on her happiness and we broke up and haven't talked since. Should I just let it go and give it time or try to work to fix things again?

Edited by hollywoodkii

Is this through texting or in person or phone call?

Texting is a sure fire way to have a misunderstanding. 

If it is petty little stuff and you can figure out why it keeps happening and then do something to fix it then sure it is worth trying again but if you just think time apart will make it right then no you shouldn't even try.

If you remove the things that were instigating the arguments then they shouldn't happen right?

Lost

2 hours ago, hollywoodkii said:

I just got to the point where I said I believe that she would be happier with out me at the moment and I think she should work on her happiness

Oof. This is loaded. 

It's no longer a petty argument when you're inserting pieces like this. What is happening here is you're undermining her judgment about whether she can discern her own happiness and suggesting that she's not capable of being happy. In one breath. 

If you do feel this way, it is valid. But bear in mind that no one in their right mind would ever get back with a guy who suggests something like this. 

I think it's best to go your separate ways. 

me and my girlfriend have been arguing constantly

We've broke up a previous time to the same issue

It sounds like you are quite incompatible and destroying each other with arguments.  Your issue is never fixed but you stay attached for whatever reason. 

Give yourselves a break and sort out what's really bothering you.

me and my girlfriend have been arguing constantly day after day mind you we're still very young. We've broke up a previous time to the same issue but was able to get back together to try and make it work.

You two have been having a rough go for a while sadly 😕 

A lot of arguments  can be hard to deal with.... and to 'break up' and then get back to try & 'work it out', doesn't seem to be working for you.

( the reasons you break up & get back... those 'reasons' for the BU- have they been dealt with?  If not, it'll be the same problems).

trouble communicating and understanding each other during and after arguments. Recently she had been explaining to me the arguing was making her depressed & that it was affecting her mental health in many ways

- this is a real problem... communicating/understanding.

Sadly, this is affecting her now 😕 

Should I just let it go and give it time or try to work to fix things again?

I am not sure how you feel you can 'fix things'?

If whatever is causing you two to break up is not being fixed then it will just go on repeat. So, it sounds to me like you two have the same ongoing problems.. a lot of arguing and communication issue's - which is getting you nowhere.

- As mentioned....you two may not be so compatible.  Too much going on and just not getting along.

I suggest you just leave her be, as you said you would, to let her work on her own happiness. I feel is just too much stress & negativity causing a lot of problems for you two.