He says he wants to be alone

What does it mean when a man says that he wants to be alone at this moment because he has a lot on his plate and he’s sorry if it bothers me but he has a lot going on? He has been having more and more pressure and demands at work for a while. He even had to temporarily move. He also recently disabled all his social media accounts. 

I think he is telling you exactly what is going on - he is under intense work pressure and needs to focus on that to survive. So step back and let him have that space to do what he needs to do.

Whether he comes back from that or gets stuck....nobody has a crystal ball. My only advice is give it some and see what happens. Remember that you are always in control of yourself. Meaning that you can end a relationship that isn't working out for you any time that you want. You don't need to wait on him forever or at all if that doesn't suit you. Completely your call on how much time you give him if any at all.

He is doing what he needs for his life. However, YOU need to do the same for yourself. Never subordinate yourself.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Valentina868686 said:

What does it mean when a man says that he wants to be alone at this moment because he has a lot on his plate and he’s sorry if it bothers me but he has a lot going on? He has been having more and more pressure and demands at work for a while. He even had to temporarily move. He also recently disabled all his social media accounts. 

Are you dating? If so for how long? Have you met in person? Basically people are never 'too busy' for what interests them. 

Are you afraid he blocked/deleted you from social media? Or that he found someone else?

Yes, no pressures and leave him be.

He needs to deal with a lot of stressors and sometimes people need to deal with that stuff on their own.

Give it some time.. if you don't hear from him over the next month or two (or if you contact him again after a while & he still acts cold with you- just walk away from it all).

He's telling you that he doesn't have brain space, time nor energy for you.  He's too consumed with his own life, job, survival and stress.  Get his message, take a hint and move on with your life without him in it. 

It's usually a blow off. A way to break it off without giving any promise of ever contacting you again. 

It sucks but, it's how he handles things. Which makes him pretty lame. 

People do get stressed, busy, etc but they don't tell a significant other this without some kind of - I will make this up to you and explanation of when.  If they cared about the relationship surviving, at all, they would not say this.  Sure they may be at some breaking point. but if he's in an life boat, you just got pushed out. 

So if you got the "I need to be alone" take it as in forever. He doesn't care if it hurts your feelings. He's doing what's best for him. period. the end of the explanation.

I know it hurts. But look on the bright side.  You owe him nothing. 

I would never bother this person again. If they contacted me again, I would tell them to shove off.

This is a horrible way for him to treat you and there's just no coming back from it. Unless you're completely desperate and have no self esteem. 

Move on from this turd and be happy. that's the best way to handle this BS.

Edited by Lambert
  • Like 1

Without knowing more, it means he doesn't want to put forth the energy you expect. He might think you're  pushing things to where he doesn't want to go. Or he's just not into you, even if it seemed he once was. If he did want a future with you, but was truly overwhelmed by work at the moment, he'd ask for your patience and give a timeline of when he expected relief from the situation.

On 4/15/2021 at 11:18 AM, Valentina868686 said:

What does it mean when a man says that he wants to be alone at this moment because he has a lot on his plate. 

It means just that.  He wants to be alone.  The *at this moment* part is to soften the blow.

His reasons don't really matter.  Don't get stuck on trying to decode this.  Just know that if he is was really interested, then he wouldn't risk losing you to begin with.