Can it be salvaged? I feel like I might have missed my chance here?

I mean I’m pretty oblivious when it comes to “signs” and whatever.

Last Sunday night, she was touching my hand almost every time I spoke or made a joke.

At one point she even sat on my lap and then brushedsomething off my knee (crumbs maybe?)

But last night she didn’t talk to me much. She started a conversation, but nothing more.

I don’t know if these are mixed signals, or if she just isn’t into me??

What should I do from here?

She was serving herself on silver platter and you didn't even take a bite. Now she feels undesired...you blew it. Lack of confidence makes you lose.

Ask her out on a date.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, smackie9 said:

She was serving herself on silver platter and you didn't even take a bite. Now she feels undesired...you blew it. Lack of confidence makes you lose.

Ask her out on a date.

What I didn’t and should have done was escalate, but I didn’t blow her off completely and ignore her moves. 

I really, really do want to ask her out, so I will have to wait till another of these moments happens and I will ask her there and then. 

buck up mister and just ask her out. You don't NEED another "moment".  If you wait, some other guy will catch her attention and scoop her away. Right now she's not very impressed so you better step on it.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, ZebDed said:

What I didn’t and should have done was escalate, but I didn’t blow her off completely and ignore her moves. 

Rather than read Pickup Artist material about "signs", "escalating", etc. Ask her out. She either says yes or no. If yes great if no, so what? You move on.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ZebDed said:

But last night she didn’t talk to me much. She started a conversation, but nothing more.

I'm guessing this is someone you kinda know? - for her to be sitting on your lap, etc....

Nice, she started a conversation, that helps 🙂 

And what more do you want- do you mean you two were together, again?

As mentioned, yes, if you are interested, ask her out, to do something with you, if you are into her & getting good vibes.

35 minutes ago, SooSad33 said:

I'm guessing this is someone you kinda know? - for her to be sitting on your lap, etc....

Nice, she started a conversation, that helps 🙂 

And what more do you want- do you mean you two were together, again?

As mentioned, yes, if you are interested, ask her out, to do something with you, if you are into her & getting good vibes.

Well, I’ve known her for about a week or so now. 

Yeah, I realise I’ve got to ask her out sooner rather than later 

• Thanks 1

Your choice.. you've only known her a week or so?

But be careful in the meantime.. I doubt you really know much about her..?

Eg.  Is she a drunk.. a cheat... lost? 😉 

How about at least take some time getting to know her a bit more.. go out for coffee, etc.

Dont rush into it all too fast, or you may have some regrets.

I ***ing blew it again.

We were chilling on a sofa... she rested her legs on my thighs and all I did was stroke her. We ended up sleepy on the sofa, and I still didn't make a move.

She probably thinks I'm a coward now.

11 minutes ago, ZebDed said:

I ***ing blew it again.

We were chilling on a sofa... she rested her legs on my thighs and all I did was stroke her. We ended up sleepy on the sofa, and I still didn't make a move.

She probably thinks I'm a coward now.

What exactly are you so afraid of?

If you ask her out and she says no, I promise you'll survive.  And she might say yes!

28 minutes ago, ZebDed said:

I ***ing blew it again. We were chilling on a sofa... she rested her legs on my thighs and all I did was stroke her. We ended up sleepy on the sofa, and I still didn't make a move.

Are you dating? Did you ever ask her for a date?

No, 'making a move' would have put you in the creepzone under the circumstances.

How old is she? Was this at your or her parents house?

13 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Are you dating? Did you ever ask her for a date?

No, 'making a move' would have put you in the creepzone under the circumstances.

How old is she? Was this at your or her parents house?

No and no. 

She’s 23. It was at a small get together. 

3 minutes ago, ZebDed said:

She’s 23. It was at a small get together. 

If you were guests and she had anything to drink it's a huge no-no.  Pawing her up at a party is not a good idea. "Making a move" on the sofa would have been disastrous. Ask her out.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Don't assume this. Just ask her out. Was she drinking?

Yes

Anyway, I know it's ***ed now.

She's not talking to me anymore

Edited by ZebDed

Are you interested in just sex or dating her? All this sounds too casual for dating, sitting on your lap etc. 

Maybe figure out what you want with this woman first before doing anything else or even beating yourself up about it. She might not be the right woman for you.

9 hours ago, ZebDed said:

She's not talking to me anymore

Ok. It's bad news that you were pawing her up at a party when she was drinking. 

To be honest, that's creepy and inappropriate.

That fact that you believe you "screwed up" because you didn't date rape her, indicates you have some serious thinking to do.

Who encouraged you to "make a move" on the sofa? Lose those jerks as friends.

It's not surprising she won't talk to you.  She most likely told her friends what you did.

1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ok. It's bad news that you were pawing her up at a party when she was drinking. 

To be honest, that's creepy and inappropriate.

That fact that you believe you "screwed up" because you didn't date rape her, indicates you have some serious thinking to do.

Who encouraged you to "make a move" on the sofa? Lose those jerks as friends.

It's not surprising she won't talk to you.  She most likely told her friends what you did.

Wth are you on about?

Seriously, what the actual *** are you talking about?

2 hours ago, ZebDed said:

Wth are you on about?

That you didn't 'miss a chance' but rather, that it's best not to make a move on someone you are not dating and who's drinking.

Do you have her number?

Do you want to date her or just have sex?

She is interested but you are so afraid of women it is unattractive.  Being rejected is not fatal, just sack up and stop being such a wimp.  Women are not evil creatures that will suck your soul out of you if you ask for their number or for a date, they don't do that until you get married.  Ha ha just kidding...mostly 🙂

Seriously despite your total lack of any confidence she likes you so go for it today!!!  No waiting just do it. 

Lost