She wont text me after we confessed to eachother

Hello, there's this girl that I've been talking to over discord for around 3 years, and I know that its cliché and even a little foolish to be saying this at my age (I'm only 16), but I honestly think that she's the one for me. 

Before I get into the actual story, I should say that I have autism and that the girl (I'll be referring to her as "the Woman" from now on) suffers from PTSD, ADHD, and hypersexuality (it might not be too important, but I'm mentioning it just in case).

Anyways, exactly 2 weeks ago, the Woman and I were talking in dms just like every other night, and In summary, she said that she "loves me un-platonically." I was grinning ear-to-ear at that moment, for I have been waiting for her to say that for years, and I told her that I love her too. However, the next day the Woman started acting a bit odd and began not to respond to any of my messages. Though she would take her time replying to me on some occasions, not responding to me at all is very unlike her. I didn't want to seem clingy, so I played the waiting game. So I waited, I waited, and I waited some more. 14 long and painful days with no replies from the Woman. I don't know if I sounded too clingy or annoying during the 14 days because I would frequently text her things like "Mornin,'" "Night," and all of the usual things that we'd say to each other. I've asked around and learned that she has been communicating with her other friends for the past two weeks, so she isn't gone or busy. I am genuinely worried about the future of our relationship. Do you fellas have any ideas for why she would be doing this? Have a good day!

P.S. I'm sorry if this was a little hard to follow, I have autism and I really struggle with putting my thoughts onto paper.

Talk to a trusted adult about getting caught up in a cyber situation.

This could be a catfish, scammer, predator, etc.

Step away from games and apps. Don't give out personal info.

Don't "confess" crushes to entities you don't know.

Ask your teachers, therapist, or someone you can talk to about this.

Yeah, odd, she's gone quiet for 2 weeks 😕 

Sorry, but, she may not be the one for you.

You say you are 16, but how old is she- do you know?

Like others have said, if you really do not know her other than chatting online, that may be all it ever was. ( not leading up to anything real). Sorry if this is how it's going to be.

Obviously, you two don't live near each other, haven't met in 3 years, and  it likely won't be possible to do so since you don't have the funds and you're not an adult.

It might seem like a small world with the ease of online communication, but it's really all fantasy when it comes to the realities of barriers that come with distance. 

It's so much more fun to enjoy another's company 3D. Are you in any school clubs? A good way to meet other girls at school are to do fun things like be on the yearbook committee, take drama classes, join the orchestra, attend the basketball and football games at school. Outside of school, you could take karate or look into other activities for teens you might enjoy.

Her comment about everything she suffers from is alarming, and a person you as a 16 year old should avoid. You're not old enough to realize this. A person has to fix their issues before being a good partner to anyone else. For your own good, delete and block her, and have a discussion with your parents, telling them you'd like some guidance about safe communication on the Internet, plus read some articles and books on Internet safety yourself.

You actually should only accept communication from people you've actually met in person. During school years, you'll be meeting the hugest pool of people you'll ever meet in life. No reason to look outside of that romance. LDRs have an extremely low risk of success. Better to search locally. Good luck.

4 hours ago, Cool Character said:

yes, we used to videochat every single day.

Ok. So, she's probably not a catfish. But, I think you should keep this in mind:

15 hours ago, Andrina said:

It might seem like a small world with the ease of online communication, but it's really all fantasy when it comes to the realities of barriers that come with distance. 

Archived