Guy I’ve been seeing basically told me i needed someone else

I’ve been seeing this guy for about 3 weeks. Things are going great and we see each other frequently. He has been taking me on dates ever since we met. Today we got into the conversation of ex’s and old flings and he said “you’re doing good to be 24” “you have two jobs your own place and a nice car you just need a good man someone who is a doctor or works at NASA or something”

And i assumed he liked me but after he said that maybe he considers me a good friend who he enjoys to hang with since he’s telling me i need someone else

that is an odd thing for a date to say to you.  what did you say?

I don't think this is a sign things are going great. 

Edited by Lambert

You know what....any man that talks like that is insecure (red flag) he's giving you the $h!+ test (red flag). I would ship his butt off to the curb. He's playing games...jerk.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GretNiZ said:

you just need a good man someone who is a doctor or works at NASA or something”

Unfortunately he thinks you're a social climber or materialistic. Either way, red flag statement.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Unfortunately he thinks you're a social climber or materialistic. Either way, red flag statement.

Im seeing him and he doesn’t have half of what i have but i don’t care i like him for him

Just now, GretNiZ said:

Im seeing him and he doesn’t have half of what i have

He's got one thing you probably don't. A significant lack of self esteem.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, smackie9 said:

You know what....any man that talks like that is insecure (red flag) he's giving you the $h!+ test (red flag). I would ship his butt off to the curb. He's playing games...jerk.

*** test?

12 minutes ago, GretNiZ said:

*** test?

Ya when insecure people get unsure about where they stand with the person they are dating, ( they always need an unusual amount of reassurance btw) they push away by saying stupid stuff that pertains to "oh you can do better than me..." to see if you react with "Oh you are the one I want, none of that matters to me, etc" That's $h!+ testing.

Edited by smackie9
31 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

Ya when insecure people get unsure about where they stand with the person they are dating, ( they always need an unusual amount of reassurance btw) they push away by saying stupid stuff that pertains to "oh you can do better than me..." to see if you react with "Oh you are the one I want, none of that matters to me, etc" That's $h!+ testing.

You think that’s what’s going on?

I think he feels inadequate.. not good enough for you 😕 .

That maybe he can't measure up to all you are... so is maybe pushing you away?

Maybe have a chat with him.. meet up again and ask him why he said that.

32 minutes ago, whiteroses3230 said:

If you guys are both 24ish....

he was probably just flirting with you in an immature way. AKA he was trying to flatter you by saying you were out of his league and he thinks you are great. I wouldn’t read much into that one line. 

But, it pushes her away from him.   I don't understand the flirting bit.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:27 PM, GretNiZ said:

You think that’s what’s going on?

Yeah, I believe that’s exactly what’s going on. They said it before I could, exactly as I would’ve said it.