Jump to content

Guy I’ve been seeing basically told me i needed someone else


Recommended Posts

I’ve been seeing this guy for about 3 weeks. Things are going great and we see each other frequently. He has been taking me on dates ever since we met. Today we got into the conversation of ex’s and old flings and he said “you’re doing good to be 24” “you have two jobs your own place and a nice car you just need a good man someone who is a doctor or works at NASA or something”

And i assumed he liked me but after he said that maybe he considers me a good friend who he enjoys to hang with since he’s telling me i need someone else

Link to post
Share on other sites

that is an odd thing for a date to say to you.  what did you say?

I don't think this is a sign things are going great. 

Edited by Lambert
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what....any man that talks like that is insecure (red flag) he's giving you the $h!+ test (red flag). I would ship his butt off to the curb. He's playing games...jerk.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GretNiZ said:

you just need a good man someone who is a doctor or works at NASA or something”

Unfortunately he thinks you're a social climber or materialistic. Either way, red flag statement.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Unfortunately he thinks you're a social climber or materialistic. Either way, red flag statement.

Im seeing him and he doesn’t have half of what i have but i don’t care i like him for him

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GretNiZ said:

Im seeing him and he doesn’t have half of what i have

He's got one thing you probably don't. A significant lack of self esteem.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smackie9 said:

You know what....any man that talks like that is insecure (red flag) he's giving you the $h!+ test (red flag). I would ship his butt off to the curb. He's playing games...jerk.

*** test?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GretNiZ said:

*** test?

Ya when insecure people get unsure about where they stand with the person they are dating, ( they always need an unusual amount of reassurance btw) they push away by saying stupid stuff that pertains to "oh you can do better than me..." to see if you react with "Oh you are the one I want, none of that matters to me, etc" That's $h!+ testing.

Edited by smackie9
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

Ya when insecure people get unsure about where they stand with the person they are dating, ( they always need an unusual amount of reassurance btw) they push away by saying stupid stuff that pertains to "oh you can do better than me..." to see if you react with "Oh you are the one I want, none of that matters to me, etc" That's $h!+ testing.

You think that’s what’s going on?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he feels inadequate.. not good enough for you 😕 .

That maybe he can't measure up to all you are... so is maybe pushing you away?

Maybe have a chat with him.. meet up again and ask him why he said that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, whiteroses3230 said:

If you guys are both 24ish....

 

he was probably just flirting with you in an immature way. AKA he was trying to flatter you by saying you were out of his league and he thinks you are great. I wouldn’t read much into that one line. 

But, it pushes her away from him.   I don't understand the flirting bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 4:27 PM, GretNiZ said:

You think that’s what’s going on?

Yeah, I believe that’s exactly what’s going on. They said it before I could, exactly as I would’ve said it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...