Need relationship advice please

Hereforhelp

1 hour ago, LotusBlack said:

Life is too short to be with someone who isn’t sure about you. Both parties need to put in the same amount of effort for the relationship, otherwise it leads to one feeling under appreciated and the other feeling suffocated (not that you’re suffocating her at all, but she’s so indecisive and that lack of intention and clarity will only create a bigger wedge between you over time.)

That’s what has been happening a wedge between us. I’m trying to close the gap between us before it’s to late and question myself if I didn’t do enough or didn’t fight for her. I’m smothering her by doing it I need to back of and let it be.

2 hours ago, Hereforhelp said:

That’s what has been happening a wedge between us. I’m trying to close the gap between us before it’s to late and question myself if I didn’t do enough or didn’t fight for her. I’m smothering her by doing it I need to back of and let it be.

I don’t think you’re smothering her at all. I think you’re being quite reasonable in your expectations of her within the relationship. She isn’t emotionally mature enough to be her own self confidently, and as long as she cannot support the needs of the relationship, you’re both only going to feel more unhappy, unsatisfied, and stuck. 

It’s not you who should be fighting for the relationship/her, it’s her that should be fighting for you.

I think you can see, from her actions, that her family is her priority, not your relationship.  She is trying to keep you both happy.  

Unless you are going to make amends with her family, I think you are better off ending this relationship.  I understand where you are coming from and the reasons you were arguing with her family.  But it's not your place.  You are not her husband.  She is not standing with you against the family.  She is playing both sides because she love both of you.  Which is her choice.  

But what is best for you?  

If you were her husband, would she choose you over her family?  

These are important decisions that you have to make based on what is.  Not what is right.  

23 hours ago, Lambert said:

I think you can see, from her actions, that her family is her priority, not your relationship.  She is trying to keep you both happy.  

Unless you are going to make amends with her family, I think you are better off ending this relationship.  I understand where you are coming from and the reasons you were arguing with her family.  But it's not your place.  You are not her husband.  She is not standing with you against the family.  She is playing both sides because she love both of you.  Which is her choice.  

But what is best for you?  

If you were her husband, would she choose you over her family?  

These are important decisions that you have to make based on what is.  Not what is right.  

Thank you for your advice

On 4/11/2021 at 8:18 PM, LotusBlack said:

I don’t think you’re smothering her at all. I think you’re being quite reasonable in your expectations of her within the relationship. She isn’t emotionally mature enough to be her own self confidently, and as long as she cannot support the needs of the relationship, you’re both only going to feel more unhappy, unsatisfied, and stuck. 

It’s not you who should be fighting for the relationship/her, it’s her that should be fighting for you.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:36 PM, Capricorn3 said:

You're right, she needs to make up her mind.  She either continues to do what her parents want, or she tells them that she's going to be with you.  She can't expect you to keep hanging around like a dirty secret - totally disrespectful to you.  Time for "the talk". Lay your cards on the table, say what you mean, and mean what you say. It's either them, or you.

On 4/11/2021 at 1:48 AM, Rose Mosse said:

It's not a good idea pitting yourself against any family relatives. The greater the tension, the less and less being together becomes a reality. Unfortunately, this isn't the movies. You're learning the hard way that dating someone should come with some autonomy and though those relationships are interconnected, balance is needed.

She isn't able to balance a romantic relationship with her other relationships so she's likely not a good option for any sort of lasting relationship.

What else do you know about her? Is she studying or going to school? Is she saving up for something else? Are her parents both healthy? Is this long distance or do you live locally to each other?

On 4/11/2021 at 4:28 PM, smackie9 said:

The right solution is to break it off with her.....maybe down the road she will appreciate you and go forward with a future with you...if not you are best be moving on and not waste your life "waiting" for her to make up her mind.

Archived