Im ok with my DISTURBING dreams

(I'm a college aged female btw)

Last night I had a dream I was kindapped and sold/being hurt. It's obviously a nightmare but now it raises a lot of questions for me. Why should I care what happens to me when I don't even have friends and family? My parents left me, why should I protect myself? 

I'm into true crime and I keep wondering why all of these young women with actual family and friends in their lives get harmed all while I remain untouched (someone who doesn't necessarily have anyone that would mourn them). I feel guilty whenever I think about it. 

Sorry if this comes off super "dark" but any thoughts? 

10 hours ago, rchubn said:

Why should I care what happens to me when I don't even have friends and family? My parents left me, why should I protect myself? 

I feel like me being hurt instead would be the lesser evil and hurt least amount of people. I have zero relationships.

I keep wondering why all of these young women with actual family and friends in their lives get harmed all while I remain untouched (someone who doesn't necessarily have anyone that would mourn them). I feel guilty whenever I think about it. 

Wow, I really hate that you think this. You have an inherent value. You deserve peace, not pain. It has nothing to do with what your relationships are, or what they have been.

• Like 1

Your dreams are a way for your brain to work through your emotions and stress. Take time out to reflect, and do in a positive direction....that's what this dream is about....making your life fulfilling, meet new people, put yourself out there, make friends, etc. Covid, lock downs, and the lack of human interaction has played a big part in the deterioration of peoples mental health this past year...so take that into consideration.

Relationships of the past have no bearing on the relationships you can form as you move forward.

It's a decision.

You get to decide exactly how much people who don't value you MUST matter to you.

You also get to decide whether you'll give those people enough power to influence how much you will value your Self.

When you start there, you'll be able to decide how much of your value you'll be willing to share with other people who deserve the best you can give.

Head high, and write more if it helps.