I've been thinking about my ex a lot here lately. Everything reminds me of him. We had dated for 16 months but broke up 5 months ago. Ever since then my ex has wanted to hug me everytime he sees me and talks about when we were dating. Does he like me still? Like I said, I miss him more than anything and regret the way our relationship ended. I want him back, but I don't know how to tell him or if I even should. I know for a fact that him and this one girl has been texting, but I feel like they would have got together by now. He's still single, but I don't know if he likes her or what. I really want to get back with him because he was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I've never thought about an ex this much. This man still offers to buy me things for some weird reason. I hope that he still loves me. Should I tell him or not? I know that if I don't that I won't be able to move on; however, if I tell him, what if he doesn't love me anymore. I don't know what to do about the situation. I just know that I love this man more than anything and that he use to love me like that. 

43 minutes ago, Ariana Urnick said:

I've been thinking about my ex a lot here lately. Everything reminds me of him. We had dated for 16 months but broke up 5 months ago. Ever since then my ex has wanted to hug me everytime he sees me and talks about when we were dating.

Of course you miss him.. you are not getting a break at all, away from him... Why are you still going his way, hugging, talking about the BU, etc?

In order to work on accepting & healing, you can't be hanging with him & talking all the time.  You need to back off, totally for that.

43 minutes ago, Ariana Urnick said:

This man still offers to buy me things for some weird reason. I hope that he still loves me. Should I tell him or not? I know that if I don't that I won't be able to move on;

- Yup, it is odd. And yes, you can move on.

Takes time and acceptance.

Who broke it off and why?  ( You two have been split 5 months now), but sounds like neither have tried to work on accepting and leave each other alone, to respectfully go your own ways..

Edited by SooSad33

What he is doing is really rather cruel, imho. He is using the bits and pieces of you that he likes, like your friendship and companionship, but without any real commitment or loyalty to you in terms of a relationship. To put it simply, he is stringing you along while checking out other options.

If confronting him and calling him out on this will help you finally get free and move on, do it! Unfortunately you feel so stuck because you cannot possibly heal, get over him, find someone better and more deserving of you because you are stuck in this limbo land. Every time you see him, spend time with him, interact with him....you stay "in love" and stuck like a fish on a rusty hook. So tell him, call him out on it. If he says "no", it will get you unhooked. If he says "yes"....it's a ticket to your personal hell.....how can you ever trust him not to dump you again????

Do you actually want to move on?

Why did you break up to begin with?

Sounds like you are still into him and he is still into you so if you want to get back together then I think it could happen, yes. I would explore why you broke up in the first place and what exactly you miss about the relationship. Its fine to admit a mistake and try again if you both feel that I way. You also don't have to jump right back into a relationship, you can take it slow and start hanging out again and see how things go.