Just having an all around crap day. I found out there is a confirmed COVID case 5 doors away from me.  How this affects me? Their children go on the bus with some of my daycare littles. The mother of said daycare littles said she was told by the school  to pick up her children immediately from school and they must isolate. So now we are “ exposed “ I had to contact all my parents and the health dept. 

My husband gave a piece of very expensive equipment to be returned to someone who works in supply and they didn’t fill out the proper paperwork and it is STILL on his docket and he might need to pay $1500. 

And I got a call from my mom saying her doctor thinks she has skin cancer and she needs a biopsy. 

Seriously. 😢

Edited by Seraphim

Ugh. Yes, that is a lot to handle all at once.

I sincerely hope your mother turns out to not have skin cancer.

Will you have to close your daycare temporarily?  

Wishing for you to get some good news to counteract the rough time you're going through.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Ugh. Yes, that is a lot to handle all at once.

I sincerely hope your mother turns out to not have skin cancer.

Will you have to close your daycare temporarily?  

Wishing for you to get some good news to counteract the rough time you're going through.

According to public health, no , I can still operate. But half my kids are out quarantined so I have to apply for government funding for time being. 

I REALLY hope my mom is ok. 

Aww wow 😕 ... hope things go kinda okay for you guys.  Really sucks when something like this just hits and causes such a negative bunch of overwhelming crap.

Just got informed my my mom that my bro in law, who lives below them was exposed a few days ago and now they all have to quarantine for next cpl weeks- hoping his tests will be negative.  Of course, no one wants this 😞 .

Deep breathes... one day at a time.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Jibralta said:

Yikes. That's a lot to deal with! I hope your mom is ok, too!

Thank you . It has just been such a very big unexpected year full of worry for people.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, SooSad33 said:

Aww wow 😕 ... hope things go kinda okay for you guys.  Really sucks when something like this just hits and causes such a negative bunch of overwhelming crap.

Just got informed my my mom that my bro in law, who lives below them was exposed a few days ago and now they all have to quarantine for next cpl weeks- hoping his tests will be negative.  Of course, no one wants this 😞 .

Deep breathes... one day at a time.

My husband says this too... just breathe. We have done our best to not be exposed while working at the same time and you can’t control others. And your mom will most likely be ok. 

• Like 1

Oh boy. Big hugs to you, Seraphim. I hope your mum is okay.

On 3/31/2021 at 5:24 PM, SooSad33 said:

SooSad, big hugs to you as well. I hope your mum is okay, too.

❤️

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, greendots said:

SooSad, big hugs to you as well. I hope your mum is okay, too.

Thank you :), Yes, hoping all over there will be.

Bro in law will begin tests in a few days.. another test a week later.

• Like 1

My heart goes out to you, luv!

I keep reminding myself to only take one small step at a time to address only one thing in its own time. Worry won't solve things faster.

(((Big HUG to you))) and holding you in my thoughts,
Cat

• Like 1
On 4/4/2021 at 2:33 AM, catfeeder said:

My heart goes out to you, luv!

I keep reminding myself to only take one small step at a time to address only one thing in its own time. Worry won't solve things faster.

(((Big HUG to you))) and holding you in my thoughts,
Cat

Thank you. 

On 3/31/2021 at 3:21 PM, Seraphim said:

According to public health, no , I can still operate. But half my kids are out quarantined so I have to apply for government funding for time being. 

I'm so sorry Seraphim.  We've been exposed I believe 3 different times now, due to husband's friends and coworkers getting it, and him being in contact with them regularly, but it never got to us somehow.  

I'm glad you're still able to operate the daycare at least.  And praying for your mom 😞 !!

Edited by maritalbliss86
  • Like 1