Is this relationship worth putting in effort??

Hey! 

I've been together with my boyfriend for about a year but I moved away in December for school. I currently don't see myself moving back home anytime soon, and he doesn't plan on moving away from my home country. He's started not talking to me and gives me attitude each time we speak. He also keeps asking for sexual favours but it's not something I roll with. I also don't want to put energy into something that I see no future with. I tried talking about the future of the relationship with him but he doesn't really want to talk about it. I was wondering if breaking up is worth it and how to go about it.

You are already broken up. What is there left of a close romantic relationship here? You are in two different countries and will be for years! Trying to salvage this situation already taking it's last breaths is a waste of time and energy. Just stop contacting him and let it finish dying. Or if you are the type that prefers "closure" then send him a text that says "this makes no sense anymore so I'm ending things. Thanks for the memories. Be safe and healthy."

Done.  

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, paninixsims said:

He also keeps asking for sexual favours but it's not something I roll with. I also don't want to put energy into something that I see no future with. 

Exactly. This is the fork in the road and it's best to set each other free.

If he's not speaking with you anymore, it may be safe to say he's already checked out. You can let him know you're going your separate ways from now onwards and not to contact you again. Wish him the best. I don't think you need to talk about your reservations or reasoning. He has already tuned you out and listens to you when it's convenient to him. 

You be real with him, admitting the truth.  Facts:  that you two are way too distant now and will not be together again any time soon.

He has not been talking proper to you & has attitude?  Then just walk away.

Let it be now and move ahead.  No more expectations.

Let him go find someone else to give his tude to.  You don't deserve that.

On 3/25/2021 at 5:41 PM, paninixsims said:

I was wondering if breaking up is worth it and how to go about it.

There's no 'there' to worry about.

If the guy stoped speaking with you, there's nothing to break up. He's already done it.