Jump to content

A new chapter


dias
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am so torn, I don't want to stay at a company that treated me like this but I like my job and my colleagues. I don't like to rush into things,  I can find a better paying job but not by much, maybe 10-15K more, I don't know if it's worth it, at the end of the day it would be 500 pounds more, it won't actually make any difference. 

I believe I have reached this point where I need to make a serious step forward. I don't want to stay an engineer for the rest of my life, even with 100K, it's not enough for me and I know I am not meant to be an employee. 

The only way forward is to become a contractor in a year or so which means limited company etc etc. Then it will become like a business with all the good stuff and the bad ones too (stress, not steady income, hustling all day etc etc). Damn, it's not easy to leave your comfort zone, is it? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2022 at 9:13 AM, dias said:

Yes I have been warned about this. 

As long as they stay 1 meter from my ass it's fine. Looky, looky, no touchy, touchy lol

Although when it comes to gay women I would gladly show my support practically in a lesbian orgy hahahaha

It's by the sea that's what I want. 

Yes I have heard about this place. Cornwall is the English riviera right? It's a bit far, this is the main problem. 

 I really liked Leeds city centre, and I did like their accent. Liverpool seemed less attractive when I arrived yesterday. I should have moved to Leeds.  I stayed one more day in Leeds to wander around. I could have stayed there. 

We established you have a good taste! If I ever buy a house, I will ask you for interior design advice. 

Looky Looky, no touchy touchy 🤣 LOL!

 

And oh! Yes 🥲 Unless you are in Hebden Bridge; the lesbian capital of the UK, where they are less pornographic feminine fantasy, and more, masculine, walking boot “dykes”, then your saucy vision may not come to pass Dias 🤣 

 

Every other woman under the age of 39 these days is bisexual. You should be fine! 🥳

 

We spent most of our honeymoon there, on the Cornish coast and the very end of the UK. It is borderline, tropical - in a very British still kinda way. I could see you going there and falling in love with the place! Ever tried surfing? I could see you really getting into that. The friendships round that type of thing are right, and surfer chicks are gorgeous and down to earth! 
 

What is it about Leeds that gets you Dias? Out of interest? I am being nosy and curious! 
 

And sorry… ahem, yes. I was fishing for an ego propping compliment there 🥲🤣 Thank you for obliging - LOL! Although, I’ll let you in on a secret, and you may think less of me once you know. But for one, D is the interior mastermind behind our projects, I interject and we have arguments about what to do but, I would say we settle on his way 60% of the time. (He would disagree with my percentage and say we settle his way all of 0% of the time! HA!)

 

And secondly, one of D’s good friends is an interior designer. And every time we get a new house, we have him round to scooch round the place and make the big suggestions. Like; what walls to knock out, and where to add new windows, or take big things away or put them in. Things like that. He helps us at the very start on the building side of things. He helps source bathroom furniture as well. Apart from, the copper bath in the last house was all me, and everyone was either hypnotised by it or thought it was disgracefully pretentious 🥹 It was a bit of both. Anyway. So there you go. It’s not 100% me. I did the kitchen layout. I was advised against that. He said, to put the island there, as soon as you enter the room, was “anti-social” and “confronting” and I thought perfect, I don’t want anyone back there anyway in my domain. I cook and shake the drinks up, I’ll deliver them to you. Don’t come round the back 🤣 and the fence shui of the place meant that nobody ever really did! Apart from the kids! 
 

But, I would be more than honoured! You have to take your own personal likes and needs into account as well Dias. Everyone’s home calls for something different. Yours will ideally want unique things for you, that suit you. I strongly believe absolutely anywhere can be made to look good. You don’t have to live in a fancy house. Having a fancy building is a cheat really. Most things are gonna look fantastic and pop in those kind of settings. A better challenge is a basic layout, or something very small and simple. 
 

Our interior designer friend by the way, is not what you would imagine. He doesn’t make hardly any money from his consultations. He is not a flamboyant homosexual. He is a small, skinny Yorkshire bloke who is a long distance runner and cyclist and none of his friends down the pub know he enjoys interior design! He has had some of his interiors published. He claims to have designed and started off the trend about 10 years ago for “displaying everything on show” in a kitchen. Anti-hideaway cupboards. He would use old pieces of antique furniture, with glass front cabinets, and stack them with tins and glasses and jars of pasta and sauces. He also fronted the “free standing kitchen”. 
 

So you wouldn’t have to watch your behind with him in tow either 🤣

 

x

 

 

Edited by mylolita
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2022 at 9:23 AM, dias said:

I am so torn, I don't want to stay at a company that treated me like this but I like my job and my colleagues. I don't like to rush into things,  I can find a better paying job but not by much, maybe 10-15K more, I don't know if it's worth it, at the end of the day it would be 500 pounds more, it won't actually make any difference. 

It's hard to swallow the bullying. I am still very angry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Most companies are transitioning to the hybrid model of work (2-3 days in the office, 2-3 work from home) which makes things complicated since they want you to be there. Most jobs are in London, I already got rejected because I am not close to London, when they see Liverpool I get rejected from the beginning. 

Hmmm, this complicates things. If I have to move to London I will (although I acknowledge it is for career reasons only, the quality of life would drop instantly). Only an en suite room in a relatively nice area in London is between 1300 and 1800 pounds, we are talking about a room and a toilet, not even a studio. Damn, London is expensive, you really need to make more than 100K to live a normal life. If you want to live in luxury you either need to make millions or move. 

The problem is, 80% of well-paid jobs are in London. Not much of choice really. 

Edited by dias
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dias said:

Hmmm, this complicates things. If I have to move to London I will (although I acknowledge it is for career reasons only, the quality of life would drop instantly). Only an en suite room in a relatively nice area in London is between 1300 and 1800 pounds, we are talking about a room and a toilet, not even a studio. Damn, London is expensive, you really need to make more than 100K to live a normal life. If you want to live in luxury you either need to make millions or move. 

The problem is, 80% of well-paid jobs are in London. Not much of choice really. 

That's why I don't live and work in Manhattan, or in any of the NYC boroughs. You get a lot of money, but to really benefit from that money you can't live there. If you live there, you live in a hole in the wall. Granted, it's an awesome city with SO MUCH to do. But living there sucks unless you're a millionaire (or unless you can benefit from rent control). So, people tend to commute in from the suburbs. That is very time consuming and crowded. No thank you! I'll stick with less money and higher quality of life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Higher quality of living Dias, I agree.

 

Your salary is fantastic, remember that! You have a secure job, and amazing prospects. You are doing absolutely great. You should be proud!  
 

D just came to me today and completely folded. He told me the business is in ruins, no sales, can’t buy anything, massive debt, he’s taken too big risks. He was in turmoil over it. First time I have seen him in tears for along time. He never cries. Absolute turmoil. We have had one of the worst afternoons in our history together. The type of afternoon where you discuss whether you can even scramble to keep your house.

 

Maybe it’s worth while to remember, security isn’t such a bad thing. I thought about that a lot today. A lot.

 

You are in a very lucky and fab position!

 

x

Edited by mylolita
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, mylolita said:

D just came to me today and completely folded. He told me the business is in ruins, no sales, can’t buy anything, massive debt, he’s taken too big risks. He was in turmoil over it. First time I have seen him in tears for along time. He never cries. Absolute turmoil. We have had one of the worst afternoons in our history together. The type of afternoon where you discuss whether you can even scramble to keep your house.

 

Maybe it’s worth while to remember, security isn’t such a bad thing. I thought about that a lot today. A lot.

Sorry to hear that. It must be very tough. I do believe though the business will pick up again, it's a temporary dry spell (which is very difficult to endure nonetheless), your husband has been around the block for many years, he will find a way. I can't even imagine the stress he is experiencing, having a wife and young kids to take care of, I would lose my hair. 

Good luck to him 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just made the comparison. 50K in Liverpool is like 65-70K in London. Damn, you see 20K more and you think wow good stuff but in reality it's exactly the same, you don't earn more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had an interview, I think it went well. You never know with this stuff, you need to have 100 interviews to get one job. 

I honestly don't think there are many good hardcore engineers out there. The last project I worked on (the one that not even Jake didn't manage to provide a performant solution) took me to another level. Of course it took me months, many evenings and weekends and a few bottles of whiskey to make it happen (and it still hasn't finished) but it was hardcore stuff and I did it alone without any help. It almost made me cry (I did tear up lol) but it was worth it, not many people have done it end to end. And without getting paid overtime. 

I guess that's why my manager calls me an asset, not many people around who would put so much work without getting paid. 

I am still waiting for the company to finish with the investigation crap, what the heck are they doing? maybe everyone is on holidays on the Greek islands lol quite possible really, half of my department went holidays in Greece. 

This whole circus because someone in the HR got jealous I worked from Greece................

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, dias said:

Sorry to hear that. It must be very tough. I do believe though the business will pick up again, it's a temporary dry spell (which is very difficult to endure nonetheless), your husband has been around the block for many years, he will find a way. I can't even imagine the stress he is experiencing, having a wife and young kids to take care of, I would lose my hair. 

Good luck to him 🙂

Thanks Dias. 
 

He is already bald so that ship has sailed! And his wife he takes care of is a demanding brat who needs to change her ways! Wake up call - received. 
 

18 years now. I think all the recent stress has piled up on him. We have had at least a bad 2 years now. Only 2 other people in the country do what he does, and the other 10 people who did it have packed in or gone bankrupt, the latest one to pack up just a few months ago after only being at it 3 years. It’s tough and niche what he sells. 
 

Anyway Dias! Moan over! Let’s get you job satisfaction! 🤣

 

x

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dias said:

I had an interview, I think it went well. You never know with this stuff, you need to have 100 interviews to get one job. 

I honestly don't think there are many good hardcore engineers out there. The last project I worked on (the one that not even Jake didn't manage to provide a performant solution) took me to another level. Of course it took me months, many evenings and weekends and a few bottles of whiskey to make it happen (and it still hasn't finished) but it was hardcore stuff and I did it alone without any help. It almost made me cry (I did tear up lol) but it was worth it, not many people have done it end to end. And without getting paid overtime. 

I guess that's why my manager calls me an asset, not many people around who would put so much work without getting paid. 

I am still waiting for the company to finish with the investigation crap, what the heck are they doing? maybe everyone is on holidays on the Greek islands lol quite possible really, half of my department went holidays in Greece. 

This whole circus because someone in the HR got jealous I worked from Greece................

You have to be careful of jealousy. It’s big time, the envy factor.

 

It turns neighbours, co-workers, friends, even family - all towards the bidding and willing for your ruination. Don’t ask me why. A lot of people think if they can’t do it/can’t have it, then why the heck should you! And they secretly cheer inside at any downfall. Not everyone, but some.

 

D always said the tax investigators were the some of the most spiteful and jealous people he came across. They hated the idea you could legitimately have a better lifestyle than them. They just want to get you, and pile it on; and amp it up, and make themselves feel like yes, that showed him. They wield that small power they have headily and get high on it. They are generally not the best types of people. Grim! 
 

x

Edited by mylolita
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mylolita said:

You have to be careful of jealousy. It’s big time, the envy factor.

 

It turns neighbours, co-workers, friends, even family - all towards the bidding and willing for your ruination. Don’t ask me why. A lot of people think if they can’t do it/can’t have it, then why the heck should you! And they secretly cheer inside at any downfall. Not everyone, but some.

 

D always said the tax investigators were the some of the most spiteful and jealous people he came across. They hated the idea you could legitimately have a better lifestyle than them. They just want to get you, and pile it on; and amp it up, and make themselves feel like yes, that showed him. They wield that small power they have headily and get high on it. They are generally not the best types of people. Grim! 
 

x

The higher you climb, the further away you get from people, and the farthest you have to fall all the way back down.

 

It’s a f****g bumpy ride and it’s not for the faint hearted. It’s for the foolish insane idiots probably. There is a lot to be said for the safe, pensioned, salaried job. Maybe just use our situation not as to put you off Dias, but as a word of caution to the tale my friend.

 

The grass ain’t always greener. And London ain’t everything.

 

x

Edited by mylolita
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2022 at 10:58 AM, mylolita said:

The higher you climb, the further away you get from people, and the farthest you have to fall all the way back down.

 

It’s a f****g bumpy ride and it’s not for the faint hearted.  There is a lot to be said for the safe, pensioned, salaried job. Maybe just use our situation not as to put you off Dias, but as a word of caution to the tale my friend.

I know it's very tough with lots of ups and downs (given you are lucky enough to have ups in the first place). 

To be honest my case is a bit different because I have nothing to lose. I mean yes I could lose my job but I have no financial obligations, no debt, no loans, no property, no family, no anything. All my belongings can be packed in two suitcases. If I don't take big risks who would? 

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't like losing my job or pursue a business idea that would lead to nothing. It would suck BIG time but at least I won't have to worry about other obligations. 

I can't imagine doing the things I am doing if I had a family, even if I had a steady girlfriend I wouldn't be like this. Now I am looking for another job, even if they won't let me go I still want to leave as I didn't appreciate the treatment, in any other case I would suck it up and swallow my pride (which I hate). 

Safe jobs are good, even the ones you have to work all day. There is no risk involved,  you don't have the same amount of stress and pressure and therefore you have better quality of life. 

I know people who started companies when they had children already, some of them became very successful, some not so much. Personally, I admire people who do difficult things and are willing to take risks, hats off to them, they have my respect.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:58 AM, mylolita said:

It’s for the foolish insane idiots probably.

This is true. It's for the foolish dreamers. I am like this unfortunately, I wish I wasn't. It's a torture.

Hope you husband is better today. It must be really difficult. By what you have written he is a proud person, it won't be easy for him. Good thing he has you by his side to support him. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, dias said:

I know it's very tough with lots of ups and downs (given you are lucky enough to have ups in the first place). 

To be honest my case is a bit different because I have nothing to lose. I mean yes I could lose my job but I have no financial obligations, no debt, no loans, no property, no family, no anything. All my belongings can be packed in two suitcases. If I don't take big risks who would? 

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't like losing my job or pursue a business idea that would lead to nothing. It would suck BIG time but at least I won't have to worry about other obligations. 

I can't imagine doing the things I am doing if I had a family, even if I had a steady girlfriend I wouldn't be like this. Now I am looking for another job, even if they won't let me go I still want to leave as I didn't appreciate the treatment, in any other case I would suck it up and swallow my pride (which I hate). 

Safe jobs are good, even the ones you have to work all day. There is no risk involved,  you don't have the same amount of stress and pressure and therefore you have better quality of life. 

I know people who started companies when they had children already, some of them became very successful, some not so much. Personally, I admire people who do difficult things and are willing to take risks, hats off to them, they have my respect.

This is true. It's for the foolish dreamers. I am like this unfortunately, I wish I wasn't. It's a torture.

Hope you husband is better today. It must be really difficult. By what you have written he is a proud person, it won't be easy for him. Good thing he has you by his side to support him. 

 

Dias, I am the b****y cause of his problems my friend! I don’t know why he still has me around half the time!

 

He’s not a flashy person Dias. Believe it or not, money doesn’t mean that much to him. He’s a family man. He’s like, one of those old school men with the not going to talk about any of it attitudes. He’s a great provider and highly protective. I admire him as much as I love him. We are very different but very much alike in so many ways.

 

I am just as ambitious as he has been, if not more. I do a lot of pushing. I have looked back now and realised it wasn’t right to get him to peddle for my vision of what “having it all” looks like. Having it all means food on the table, safe roof over your head, happy marriage and healthy happy kids. The rest is just b*****t. Well, having it all I know means different things to different people. But in a generalised sense.

 

It is very perceptive of you to say if you had a girlfriend or family you would be less inclined. I say this because during our heart to heart my husband said as soon as our son was born his priorities shifted. He didn’t want to work all the time. He didn’t want to miss anything. He just wanted to spend as much time with us as possible. So you could say, one of the happiest days of our lives, me, holding our first baby boy, and my husbands quiet tears he tried to hide, was the beginning of the end to his extreme work ethic. Everything changed for both of us, whether we acknowledged it or not.

 

I told him, my pride is hurt, my ego is hurt. But it doesn’t mean anything. Now I just want the basics. To finish the house and potentially if we have to, sell it. Take our profit and buy a regular, small house, like most people. It isn’t a curse. It’s lucky. Our bills are astronomical each month. It’s a lot for one guy. I started feeling guilty that I couldn’t step up. I could only offer part time admin jobs, or going back to dancing. He wouldn’t hear of it. I started getting delusional and thinking up quick schemes like bashing out a novella in a month and trying to get it published. Stupid stuff. 
 

I’m sorry to slap all this onto your journal Dias!

 

It’s only me and him he knows what we’re going through. None of our family have done anything near, the people he knows in business are either packed up or flying high. It’s a niche thing he’s in as well.

 

Basically, we both have zero qualifications. I flunked out of college and half tried my A Levels. I got great results but could have done better. I was looking at mostly any university in England at one point. I went and chased myself away in his cottage at 18 and said sod the future and the world I’m in love and paid no heed for tomorrow. He left school at 15. He’s basically a sales person. That’s what he’s always done. Sales. I’ve mostly been in risky part employed situations as well. The dancing was all on me. I had to pay to work and then hustle to get dances. No one was handing me any guaranteed money at the end of the night. We are similar in many ways.

 

I don’t think he is lucky to have me by his side though Dias. Honestly, if I were honest with you! Wow! Maybe that’s a message for another day! 
 

I am now faced with the pressing question of “what really matters”. Not my trivial shopping trips and driving whatever I’d like to drive. I need to let go of status. Whatever it is anyway. No one cares anyway. I feel deeply embarrassed and ashamed. I feel like I have bragged. And for what? I’ve probably been brought down the ten pegs I needed to be!

 

Now it’s about the kids, and seeing if we can pull this one off. See if we can come out of the wreckage and holding onto the house. I don’t know. We’re just working. He’s heading out early and right now after work he’s playing a money match for pool. It’s a hobby he has and he’s really good at it. He’s in some leagues or whatever, it’s a guy thing I don’t get pool halls. Anyway, I am just full time with the kids from 5:30am till whenever they settle at night, allowing him that space to think and work. I have too. I even had a moment today where I felt so lonely with it all. We’re in this accommodation that costs a fortune, not moved into our new house yet and I started thinking about Christmas and my heart started pounding. I wanted to just tell someone who would understand. I didn’t even want someone to say yeah, you’re right. I know it’s my fault. 
 

I guess, I feel useless to help him. I said what if I’d got my medical degree and could’ve just said I’ll do some part time GP work! I wouldn’t have felt like some trophy wife who ain’t being so cute no more and demanding much over her worth! He wouldn’t hear of it, again. He told me I wouldn’t have lasted in that job anyway. He is probably right!

 

I agree - to take a risk now for you Dias, is absolutely perfect. You couldn’t get a better set up. It is kind of risk free for you. I think, you have to chase your dreams on some level, either full throttle or chugging in the background, or depending on your personality, you can wilt.

 

Life is a balance I find extremely hard to keep. I tip the scales every single day, and I don’t know how else to do it.

 

But thank you, so much, for your concern. I really really appreciate it.

 

x

Edited by mylolita
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the way - I am rooting for you!

 

I really wish you all the best in either your new job or, your business venture, or both!

 

I wanna read the words: SO I TOURED THE YACHT TODAY! Hahahahahaha! Excellent!

 

x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I have lost my patience with this company. 

I just had a call with the HR and the investigator, there was nothing to find apparently.

LIKE I DID NOT F*CKING TELL YOU THERE IS F*CKING NOTHING. If I was doing anything illegal I would have thrown the laptop in the ocean and I would be f*cking hot chicks in Brazil. 

But wait, there is more............Yes there is more. Of course there was nothing to find but I did break the rules because 1) I downloaded the browser 2) I was in Greece for a week without telling them. For that, they will appoint another manager who would ask me again the same stupid questions and decide whether my "misconduct" requires sanctions or not. 

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ABSOLUTELY NONSENSE. NOT EVEN IN THE ARMY IS LIKE THAT. 

Damn, and I didn't like the navy because I had to follow stupid rules, here I am 12 years later with 2 degrees and countless hours of work dealing with the same stupidity. There is a lot of stupidity on this planet, enough for 1 million planets. 

I am curious to know the sanctions, the worst is to fire me, other than that what sanctions are we talking about....?. Like not getting a payrise or a promotion? 

I am looking for another job anyway. 

Edited by dias
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spoke with Jake too, he apologized on behalf of the company and he voiced his concerns to HR about the procedures etc . I appreciate it, I really do. However, Jake had nothing to do with it, it was the HR and someone from the security team that caused this whole issue. 

Jake said he has never seen this happening before and he has been working at this company 20 years. I am telling you it's crazy. Someone from HR got jealous because I was in Athens and he/she had to bully me. Yeah right..............................Mean people....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dias said:

I spoke with Jake too, he apologized on behalf of the company and he voiced his concerns to HR about the procedures etc . I appreciate it, I really do. However, Jake had nothing to do with it, it was the HR and someone from the security team that caused this whole issue. 

Jake said he has never seen this happening before and he has been working at this company 20 years. I am telling you it's crazy. Someone from HR got jealous because I was in Athens and he/she had to bully me. Yeah right..............................Mean people....

NAIL ON THE HEAD!

 

Someone caught wind of you working wireless, and somewhere sunny. If they can’t do it, they don’t want anyone else to be able to do it, either! 

 

It‘s the jealousy thing. Beware, beware, beware!

 

And Jake seems like a really nice guy!

 

x

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dias,

 

Envy cannot be underestimated. It can ruin the tiniest, micro things, to the biggest things.

 

Some people see a couple happy; and say, salute! Good for them. Others see that couple and think, if I can’t have it, I want to destroy it. Just as an example. Sometimes, envy can explain a lot of ways humans treat each other. Not many people want to lift others up. They would rather drag you down instead. 


x

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mylolita said:

NAIL ON THE HEAD!

 

Someone caught wind of you working wireless, and somewhere sunny. If they can’t do it, they don’t want anyone else to be able to do it, either! 

 

It‘s the jealousy thing. Beware, beware, beware!

 

And Jake seems like a really nice guy!

 

x

Thing is, I work more when I am in Athens due to time difference, I start work earlier (because I want to). This was so unnecessary. Today it was so clear it was about jealousy (coming from whom I don't know..). If it was about security they would have ended it today since the investigation showed there was nothing in my laptop (heck even saying this makes me cringe). 

But no, they want to continue pushing it because I "broke" the rules or as they said "due to misconduct". Now, the language used from HR is what makes me furious the most. Like we are in the military...........And they also added in the end "if you don't like the outcome you have the right to appeal". I was thinking what the f*ck are they talking about, like they are the grand jury and I am a criminal. It's beyond preposterous. I told them it feels like bullying and I feel uncomfortable and unwelcome and I am disappointed by the company. I don't know if they are going to fire me but firing me from the beginning would be more acceptable than trying to intimidate me like this. This is worse than being sacked. 

Jake was the only person who was right in this story. He was away when it happened but he reached out to me on Wednesday and today, he apologized 10 times and he said he will do whatever needs to be done to earn my trust again. I told him I trust him and I like him personally but I lost trust in the company. It sounded a sincere apology. I am still a bit skeptical about my manager though, I don't know why, I feel he had the opportunity to stop it but he didn't because I didn't tell him I was in Athens for a week. They talk to your manager before they suspend you usually......

I also feel the HR will keep dragging this thing until I apologize. I don't know why but I have this feeling. Prolonging my suspension for no reason can only mean this, I can't think anything else. They said they want to "set an example". In the end I will have to apologize even though they treated me like garbage because I am the one losing here while on suspension. It's hard to swallow it because this is so wrong. 

24 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Dias,

 

Envy cannot be underestimated. It can ruin the tiniest, micro things, to the biggest things.

 

Some people see a couple happy; and say, salute! Good for them. Others see that couple and think, if I can’t have it, I want to destroy it. Just as an example. Sometimes, envy can explain a lot of ways humans treat each other. Not many people want to lift others up. They would rather drag you down instead. 

You are right. Envy can't be underestimated.  I am not a jealous person and unless someone has done something outrageous against me or my family I am always happy when I see people having a good life, succeeding in stuff, having fun etc etc. So I don't get it at first because this is not how I think. However as you said there are nasty people out there who want to destroy everything they can't have. Nature makes mistakes too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

All they had to do was to call me (and potentially rebuke me - I would accept that) when I was in Athens and tell me to come back immediately. This circus was pure nastiness. 

Edited by dias
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched the tinder swindler. Interesting. Ponzi schemes and professing love along with luxurious lifestyle are as old as time, nothing new there. What I find interesting is that most of his victims were from Scandinavia, is it a coincidence? maybe they are more gullible there because their culture is different? I bet he never took money from Mediterranean women, women only take money there they don't give  lol

Another interesting fact was that the guy was not even average looking and he had even worse accent than mine. Aside from pretending to have money he looked like a homeless person. Although I get it, if he was handsome the scam wouldn't have worked in the first place. But come on, the dude had nothing, he wasn't even a good hustler, usually you need to be at least a persuasive salesman. These women must have been very desperate. Especially the first one, the woman from Norway living alone in London, I get it, it can be pretty lonely alone in another country sometimes, if you don't have solid friendships/relationships/support group you are in a vulnerable position emotionally.

It could be easy to judge her as dumb but the truth is everybody can be duped when he or she is in a vulnerable position. I could be duped by an equivalent female version, no doubt. 

I liked the Dutch woman, conned the conman, I like it. If someone duped me and took from me 100K+ I wouldn't have taken his clothes I would have sent him to the grave early. 

Too good to be true, we all know what that means. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a 2 hours interview today, everything in one go, coding test, presentation and HR Q&A. I was preparing the whole weekend for this. I think it went well or at least I like to believe it went well, I did the best I could anyway. 

Tomorrow I have scheduled two interviews, one after another. It's the second round, however, there would be coding tests right there on the spot which is never good as I need time to think. It frustrates me when they don't give me something to prepare or an idea of what type of test it would be, it never works for me coding on the spot. 

Damn interviews are exhausting, 100 interviews for one job....

I haven't heard anything back from work, I  can't be bothered anymore. I don't want to think about it because I will go to the HR and bury them alive, it drives me crazy, I can't get past the bullying and the intimidation. So it's better to focus on finding another job and let them do whatever the f*ck they are doing. 

What an emotional roller coaster this is. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...