Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

A new chapter

dias

On 3/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, mylolita said:

Only 10 minutes in but, what does he denoting as “adult play?” I can only think of one thing - LOL! I think this means I am spiritually and creatively dead inside 🤣

Naughty naughty naughty lolita!!!! What you think is in fact adult play! That's why sex is always better with playful partners. But you know that already😎😎

All the best on the acting course! This is so interesting and different! Is this a dream you have or just something you wanna try out for fun? 

Thanks 🙂 It's something I had an interest since I was a kid but I never pursued/tried it. It's not my  dream but it was something I always wanted to try! Plus, it's a way to make friends. I thought about joining a running club or starting martial arts but I already exercise a lot, I don't need more. Acting though is something completely different. Let's see, hope it goes well!

(And wait, wait… has he just said comprehension is much poorer when reading text and information from a device than it is from paper? Oh man I like this guy already. OF COURSE IT IS BETTER Andrew, you know the score!) 🤣

PPPS - do you not feel kinda low key tense on devices anyway? He has the science to back this feeling up I think we all have… and, I lost my phone for 5 days 5 nights made no attempt to find it no laptop either and I felt amazing! 

Well, there wasn't a need for scientific research to prove it's better to read from paper lol

I prefer reading from paper and writing on paper. Especially reading from a screen creates a strange tension in my eyes/brain. It's unavoidable for me due to my job though. Whilst reading a paperback book relaxes me, reading from a screen has the opposite effect. It's not that bad anymore, I guess my brain and eyes have adjusted all those years.

((PPS - I already have a pop up theory on why we suppress those physiological sighs when looking at tablets and smartphones, maybe this even extents to tv he hasn’t mentioned that yet, but I think we are trying to tunnel vision focus and the breathing stops because your primitive brain thinks you and ducked down inbetween two rocks in the moment of suspense and stillness on a hunt out due to throw your spear at that deer or Mammoth you have been stalking for half an hour. Maybe it’s to keep you out of danger in some way, the same way our fight or flight response happens in situations where we don’t technically need to run from danger but our brain still responds to certain stresses in that way. Just thought I would throw it out there Andrew, what do ya think? 🤣))

Maybe! We can't rule it out!

I am turning you into a nerd slowly slowly hahahahahahaha. 

I love your curiosity 🙂

14 hours ago, dias said:

Naughty naughty naughty lolita!!!! What you think is in fact adult play! That's why sex is always better with playful partners. But you know that already😎😎

Thanks 🙂 It's something I had an interest since I was a kid but I never pursued/tried it. It's not my  dream but it was something I always wanted to try! Plus, it's a way to make friends. I thought about joining a running club or starting martial arts but I already exercise a lot, I don't need more. Acting though is something completely different. Let's see, hope it goes well!

Well, there wasn't a need for scientific research to prove it's better to read from paper lol

I prefer reading from paper and writing on paper. Especially reading from a screen creates a strange tension in my eyes/brain. It's unavoidable for me due to my job though. Whilst reading a paperback book relaxes me, reading from a screen has the opposite effect. It's not that bad anymore, I guess my brain and eyes have adjusted all those years.

Maybe! We can't rule it out!

I am turning you into a nerd slowly slowly hahahahahahaha. 

I love your curiosity 🙂

How dare you 😎 I am already a nerd, just not a computer nerd, or a maths nerd. I am, an undercover nerd? 🤣

This is a question for you Dias because you are so sickeningly annoyingly healthy and love exercise - years ago, I was 25, 5’5’’, always zipping around hyperactively everywhere and cleaning and running between desks (but I did have a sit down desk job!) and I was 8 stone straight so not fat at all. But no external exercise. I always look kinda flushed that’s my complexion by the way and I am always very warm. 

Anyway, a girl in the office had an iWatch and everyone was getting their resting pulses taken. I remember you saying you have an insanely low one. Well, I abuse the caffeine like nothing else and am kinda high strung, up a height and a stress head half the time. But out of everyone in that office, even the fat old lawyers, it was ME! who had the highest resting heart rate! I couldn’t believe it. It was about 121 if I remember correctly. Insane. Now, how bad is this? I dread to think what it will be now. Does it mean I am just soooo unfit and need to make some major lifestyle changes before I keel over and die at 55?! 

Sorry again for bombing your journal I will stop this!

x

• Like 1

I’ve just called my husband to ask him about this high resting heart rate and he helpfully replies, “It’s because you’re a Shrew.” 

Very scientific!

And then is this important I’m at work? LOL! 

Hopefully Fitness Guru here can give me the answer on whether I will be dying at 50 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/15/2022 at 11:25 AM, mylolita said:

How dare you 😎 I am already a nerd, just not a computer nerd, or a maths nerd. I am, an undercover nerd? 🤣

😎😎 

I always look kinda flushed that’s my complexion by the way and I am always very warm. 

You have rosy cheeks? 😘

Well, I abuse the caffeine like nothing else and am kinda high strung, up a height and a stress head half the time. But out of everyone in that office, even the fat old lawyers, it was ME! who had the highest resting heart rate! I couldn’t believe it. It was about 121 if I remember correctly. Insane.

Ok first things first. Smart watches are not very accurate, they provide an approximation. Now 121 is indeed too much if you are not exercising intensely at that very moment. Maybe you were under pressure those days? Stress plays a huge role, hyperventilation and increased heart rate can happen when you are under pressure. 

Caffeine (and salt) increases the heart rate indeed. Too much could cause issues, I've noticed it myself. I limit myself to a normal cup of coffee and then I have about 3 or 4 decaf cups. I don't like decaf that much but I can't sleep if I drink more than one cup of normal coffee. 

I am not a doctor so I can't advise you but I believe that it would be beneficial to reduce the caffeine intake as much as you can. Caffeine is a practically a drug (which I personally love.....but that's not the point lol). 

• Thanks 1
On 3/15/2022 at 12:09 PM, mylolita said:

I’ve just called my husband to ask him about this high resting heart rate and he helpfully replies, “It’s because you’re a Shrew.” 

Very scientific!

And then is this important I’m at work? LOL! 

Hopefully Fitness Guru here can give me the answer on whether I will be dying at 50 🤣 

image.png.8b1634319dfdbd07e51ad0f47b6469b7.png

Are you a bad-tempered or aggressively assertive woman?

I like the synonyms lol

I am freakin positive. Feeling exactly like when I got the jabs. Isolation and paracetamol for the next week. Won't see my brother unfortunately.....

I don't think the jabs really helped to be honest but I would never find out.

Many people at work got covid this weekend. It's the period it seems.

Aw, that sucks.

The vaccine should prevent you from becoming seriously ill or having long term effects.

I had OG Covid back in December 2020. I felt sick for a month and had aftereffects for several months afterward. This was pre-vaccine of course. I believe I had Omicron at the end of December 2021 ( unconfirmed as I did not get tested but was likely exposed). I was vaccinated. I felt sick for about 3 weeks but have had no aftereffects and feel healthy and well now.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Like 1
On 3/20/2022 at 10:45 PM, dias said:

😎😎 

You have rosy cheeks? 😘

Ok first things first. Smart watches are not very accurate, they provide an approximation. Now 121 is indeed too much if you are not exercising intensely at that very moment. Maybe you were under pressure those days? Stress plays a huge role, hyperventilation and increased heart rate can happen when you are under pressure. 

Caffeine (and salt) increases the heart rate indeed. Too much could cause issues, I've noticed it myself. I limit myself to a normal cup of coffee and then I have about 3 or 4 decaf cups. I don't like decaf that much but I can't sleep if I drink more than one cup of normal coffee. 

I am not a doctor so I can't advise you but I believe that it would be beneficial to reduce the caffeine intake as much as you can. Caffeine is a practically a drug (which I personally love.....but that's not the point lol). 

Hey Dias!

Thanks for your insight - maybe it was a bit of everything. I didn’t realise they weren’t very accurate! I tried to download one onto my phone but I have no storage left! Just a billion pictures! I worry too much I guess. I’m not fit though, I need to start with more exercise. I know it’s a terrible excuse but at the moment it really is hard to find the time. Instead I’m just getting out with the kids everyday which, I do anyway but, trying to really watch what I eat because I’m not doing anything else apart from supermarket runs and park and beach trips. When I get in now I do zonk out.

And my GOD how good is caffeine?! 😆

I do have very rosy cheeks yes it comes with being a pale redhead I think few freckles on the nose in the summer too ha! My kids all have pale complexions, blonde curls and rosy cheeks I get at least three comments every time I am out on how beautiful they are. I think it will push them over the edge into psycho territory if my daughter gets told how gorgeous she is one more time or my son hears another “how handsome you are!” 🤣 I see the special treatment! 

Sorry to hear about you getting covid again Dias… wow, those vaccines huh, really work 😏 We have got it too, I am pretty sure, no test though. My parents both tested positive and are really sick at the mo. I drove 45 minutes there and back to drop them off things yesterday I felt that bad for them and they are usually very independent.

🤣 He meant Shrew in a tiny sniffly cute way as an in joke between us but didn’t know the urban doctors had the real meaning LOL! Erm am I bad tempered… I have a bad temper yes. I am always trying to keep it in check it’s a real fault of mine I wish I could be laid back. Yesterday I was in the supermarket line and this youngish hippy guy had a basket with only a few items in and I had a family of 5 trollies worth so I smiled and said go ahead infront of me and he ignored me and just went infront anyway and I said, “Don’t say thank you then” he just gave me a look. I get p****d off easy 😗 I hate bad manners! 

Maybe I need therapy?! 🥲

Am I assertive? I don’t think anyone else would say I was… I don’t think so actually Dias I think I am a softie push over but when I worked at an office I did used to go in and ask for pay rises and what not. I don’t know. Maybe, secretly assertive, but unfortunately not with my kids, who tend to give me the slip - LOL!

How are you feeling today? 

PS the cost of living huh? It’s hitting us hard. We are already under the kosh with having a bad business year through covid. Luxury items like my husband sells aren’t exactly essential. Just hoping the super rich don’t stop making those purchases. 

I had the car in for a service yesterday and was waiting and could over hear the very middle class well dressed car salesman tell another friend he has gone out and bought noodles just so he could eat this month. Wow. How are you fairing? 

x

On 3/22/2022 at 8:45 AM, mylolita said:

I need to start with more exercise. I know it’s a terrible excuse but at the moment it really is hard to find the time. 

You can exercise like the Dutch parents do. Or just walk with the kids.  

at least three comments every time I am out on how beautiful they are. I think it will push them over the edge into psycho territory if my daughter gets told how gorgeous she is one more time or my son hears another “how handsome you are!” 🤣 I see the special treatment! 

Lucky kids 🙂 Lucky parents too!

Sorry to hear about you getting covid again Dias… wow, those vaccines huh, really work 😏 We have got it too, I am pretty sure, no test though. My parents both tested positive and are really sick at the mo. I drove 45 minutes there and back to drop them off things yesterday I felt that bad for them and they are usually very independent.

I am pretty good today. I took a test this morning and it was negative. I am a bit tired but I don't have fever, cough or anything. I had the same symptoms I had when I got the vaccines: 3-4 days high fever, a bit of cough and runny nose. 3 days passed and I am fine now 🙂 

Sorry to hear about your parents, hope they are recuperating now!

I hate bad manners! 

I am with you! I can't stand rude people, especially at work when you are getting paid to do your job. 

Maybe I need therapy?!

Everyone lol

PS the cost of living huh? It’s hitting us hard. We are already under the kosh with having a bad business year through covid. Luxury items like my husband sells aren’t exactly essential. Just hoping the super rich don’t stop making those purchases. 

I had the car in for a service yesterday and was waiting and could over hear the very middle class well dressed car salesman tell another friend he has gone out and bought noodles just so he could eat this month. Wow. How are you fairing? 

There are/were always filthy rich people (even during the Great Depression/WWI/WWII etc). Don't worry, we are not going to run out of rich people on this planet anytime soon hahahaha

National insurance is increasing, prices are increasing, inflation...not the best period. I don't own any assets, I live like a nomad so it didn't affect me that much I guess? Sometimes I am thinking about buying a house in Liverpool but it's not the right time (not because of the fiscal climate, not the right time for me). 

image.png

12 hours ago, dias said:

You can exercise like the Dutch parents do. Or just walk with the kids.  

Lucky kids 🙂 Lucky parents too!

I am pretty good today. I took a test this morning and it was negative. I am a bit tired but I don't have fever, cough or anything. I had the same symptoms I had when I got the vaccines: 3-4 days high fever, a bit of cough and runny nose. 3 days passed and I am fine now 🙂 

Sorry to hear about your parents, hope they are recuperating now!

I am with you! I can't stand rude people, especially at work when you are getting paid to do your job. 

Everyone lol

There are/were always filthy rich people (even during the Great Depression/WWI/WWII etc). Don't worry, we are not going to run out of rich people on this planet anytime soon hahahaha

National insurance is increasing, prices are increasing, inflation...not the best period. I don't own any assets, I live like a nomad so it didn't affect me that much I guess? Sometimes I am thinking about buying a house in Liverpool but it's not the right time (not because of the fiscal climate, not the right time for me). 

image.png

Hope economics collapse for those jabs that don’t work was worth it! 😉🤪 Just, Boris, tell me what else I have to pay for I feel like busting my a** a little more for nothing, please, don’t hold back 🤣 your humble subject - LOL! Tips cap 🤣

I know a comedian that once made a comment that “nothing kills your libido more than seeing “adventure” families out at large in full adventure swing on a sunny weekend” 🤣🤣🤣

I thought you would be okay though Dias your salary is secure and very decent.

We are asset rich, often cash poor. My husband actually starts to worry if there is money in the bank because he gets the itch and needs to buy more stock. It drives my risk adverse, safe father to distraction but  it’s not his life so he has to learn to relax about it I guess.

I mentioned to my husband the Shrew description he laughed at the temper - like, of course, is the sun hot - and then when I asked him am I aggressively assertive he paused for along time and then said, “Not so much but, you are very controlling”. Wow. Don’t I feel like personality of the year right now! What an a*****e I am turning out to be! Is this me in my 30s now or what?! 

Maybe your patience runs shorter as you get older. Who knows! The only other thing that annoys me a little is, there are two things - nothing worse than an ageing goth, and second to that, an ageing hippy, abs hippies there are where we live. Chakra energies and pink crystal healing and consoling with fairy magic tarot cards or whatever. Yes I bought a meditation candle from one of their shops but I liked the smell alright and that’s where it ends for me 🤣 I would never be caught dead meditating and if I ever find myself in a yoga class I am proud that my brain will not let up and release its self into mush to synthetic ethnic beats. I want no part of it 🤣

x

5 hours ago, mylolita said:

nothing worse than an ageing goth, and second to that, an ageing hippy, abs hippies there are where we live.

LOL that cracked me up. I've seen plenty of aging hippies--I think most hippies I know are over the hill (real hippies, not college kids). So, they look normal to me. But I'm now bracing for the wave of aging goths (who are I think are mostly in my generation) 🤣🤣🤣🤣

About your kids being told they are beautiful every time they are out... Reminds me of when my cousin was little, I babysat her quite a bit. She had/has beautiful bright orange hair. People would approach to comment on it. She was just little and she'd be saying "yes, it's real!". So cute but odd too how people would ask a kid if it's real?! Lol

• Like 1

I have put a lot of weight. By a lot I mean 3 kgs, nothing crazy but still a lot for me, I have one big pack now lol. The travelling and the sickness made me binge more than the usual. The weather is getting warmer, we had 19 C in Liverpool today. Ok it's not going to stay like that for long but it's definitely getting warmer. I am getting into summer mode slowly slowly. Time to increase exercising and decrease calories. I so much need the summer right now, can't wait. I think I've mentioned before I like warm weather, cool hats and no-shirt morning marathons 😎

Bro's interview was postponed for next week. I will visit him for a day in London. I only see him 3-4 days per year. I would love to see him more, that's life though, what can you do. I don't really miss my parents but I do miss bro. There is a strong possibility of him moving to Georgia or Texas,  I will try to visit him more often from next year. Even if I work remotely from the US I don't think I could handle the time difference, I would have to start work at 2:30am and finish around 12pm. It would create havoc in my internal clock, I don't think I would be productive at all. Besides, there are things I still want to do in Liverpool and the UK in general. Maybe in a few years I will try to find a way to move to the US permanently but for the next 5 years I see myself in the UK. 

Jake mentioned to my manager he wants me to present to the Leadership team about the project. He didn't mention anything to me, hopefully he won't inform me a day before! Nonetheless, things go as I want. Yes very slowly, this is a corporate environment, things do not move fast. For the time being, I am more chilled as I wait for this project. I am quite happy, I am used to things go wrong all these years, the last year just couldn't go better, I mean, if you asked me one year ago how would I want the next year to look like career-wise it's exactly like that. Let's not jinx it lol

One month left for the acting classes. I want to make new friends, outside of work I find it very difficult to meet interesting people. I am at this point in life where I just can't stand dumb or vapid people at all. There are no passionate people around. 

I love this warm weather. And Liverpool waterfront is perfect for running. 

I made a nice strong coffee, I am going to hit the gym in a bit. 

I am watching the Swedish legend here for extra motivation

Damn, I feel good!

• Like 1

I think I overdid it with the coffee today. I am in this state where I feel very tired but also too alert to sleep. Ahhh, I know I shouldn't drink so much coffee but I still do it, damn, I really like it though.....and it really helps when I work or exercise......Tomorrow only decaf so I can sleep, on Saturday proper coffee again and no sleep hahahahaha 

Anyway, I wanted to offer my unsolicited review regarding lolita's place. Having seen lolita's pics of the house, I have to say I am positively surprised, it's exactly my taste, this is how I would renovate/design/decorate a house if I had one. Luxurious but plain, no frills, this is my style too, I like this luxurious minimalism. Good choice of marble too. The only thing I would change is to move the sofa from the corridor but I don't know how the other rooms looked like and therefore I can't tell if it was necessary to be placed there.Certainly a very nice house! For my taste of course but I have exquisite taste, I know what (and who) to appreciate.  

Based on lolita's posts I expected she would be a person who would load the place with stuff. I've been in some very expensive houses and although the place itself is quite nice it was packed with stuff that made it look tacky. Even if the stuff are expensive I find it quite distasteful to load a house with stuff. Simple and luxurious is the way to go, it's the perfect balance. 

Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that the way a house is designed/decorated/maintained reveals a part of the owner's personality. A messy house usually belongs to a more "carefree" type of personality. A very clean no frills house usually belongs to a more controlling type of personality. Lolita don't take this the wrong way but I could believe your husband's comment the other day lol

The thought of buying a house pops up on my mind quite frequently. I have the deposit for a typical middle class house. However, when I think it more thoroughly it does not seem a good choice for me. I have dedicated my life to achieving my goals, I go wherever my future is, if I settle down I will lose this freedom. Yes I know you can always rent the place or sell it but again it would be a good investment in the very long term. Investing into property is the best investment you can make but in the long term only. In the short term it's not. People forget you have to pay realtors and lawyers when you buy/sell a house which is extra money, let alone the maintenance of the house which is the worst part. My parents built a very nice big house, they spent more than 1 million and now they are slaves of the house. Materials and possessions wear you down, I don't want to make this mistake. I know it's nice to have your own place, it is a different feeling indeed but I believe it's not worth it. It's not only the money, it's the time and the effort mostly, you can always work and make more money, you can't get the time and the effort back. I prefer investing my money, time and focus on my goals and living the life I want. I don't believe I will ever buy a house. The only (depreciating) asset I would gladly acquire would be a yacht. But I would need to have a net worth of at least 50 million before I could afford it so I don't hold my breath hahahahahaha

2 hours ago, dias said:

The only thing I would change is to move the sofa from the corridor

I think the corridor is a neat place to have a sofa. It seemed wide enough. 

2 hours ago, dias said:

I am in this state where I feel very tired but also too alert to sleep.

I hate that state.

As I get older, I find that caffeine affects me a lot more than it used to. Now, if I have it after about 1PM, I have trouble sleeping. I won't drink decaf. I try every once nd a while, but I can never finish the cup. I dislike it too much. So, I just go without.

10 hours ago, dias said:

I think I overdid it with the coffee today. I am in this state where I feel very tired but also too alert to sleep. Ahhh, I know I shouldn't drink so much coffee but I still do it, damn, I really like it though.....and it really helps when I work or exercise......Tomorrow only decaf so I can sleep, on Saturday proper coffee again and no sleep hahahahaha 

Anyway, I wanted to offer my unsolicited review regarding lolita's place. Having seen lolita's pics of the house, I have to say I am positively surprised, it's exactly my taste, this is how I would renovate/design/decorate a house if I had one. Luxurious but plain, no frills, this is my style too, I like this luxurious minimalism. Good choice of marble too. The only thing I would change is to move the sofa from the corridor but I don't know how the other rooms looked like and therefore I can't tell if it was necessary to be placed there.Certainly a very nice house! For my taste of course but I have exquisite taste, I know what (and who) to appreciate.  

Based on lolita's posts I expected she would be a person who would load the place with stuff. I've been in some very expensive houses and although the place itself is quite nice it was packed with stuff that made it look tacky. Even if the stuff are expensive I find it quite distasteful to load a house with stuff. Simple and luxurious is the way to go, it's the perfect balance. 

Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that the way a house is designed/decorated/maintained reveals a part of the owner's personality. A messy house usually belongs to a more "carefree" type of personality. A very clean no frills house usually belongs to a more controlling type of personality. Lolita don't take this the wrong way but I could believe your husband's comment the other day lol

The thought of buying a house pops up on my mind quite frequently. I have the deposit for a typical middle class house. However, when I think it more thoroughly it does not seem a good choice for me. I have dedicated my life to achieving my goals, I go wherever my future is, if I settle down I will lose this freedom. Yes I know you can always rent the place or sell it but again it would be a good investment in the very long term. Investing into property is the best investment you can make but in the long term only. In the short term it's not. People forget you have to pay realtors and lawyers when you buy/sell a house which is extra money, let alone the maintenance of the house which is the worst part. My parents built a very nice big house, they spent more than 1 million and now they are slaves of the house. Materials and possessions wear you down, I don't want to make this mistake. I know it's nice to have your own place, it is a different feeling indeed but I believe it's not worth it. It's not only the money, it's the time and the effort mostly, you can always work and make more money, you can't get the time and the effort back. I prefer investing my money, time and focus on my goals and living the life I want. I don't believe I will ever buy a house. The only (depreciating) asset I would gladly acquire would be a yacht. But I would need to have a net worth of at least 50 million before I could afford it so I don't hold my breath hahahahahaha

Good morning Dias!

The coffee overload! Yes that is a sin I commit daily! I am getting real sensitive too it as well, do you and Jib feel the same? I get anxious, nervous, twitchy energy. And headaches. I am pulling myself off it slowly. 

And thank you for the mention in your journal Dias I am quite honoured I will say!

Ohhh I always think everyone presumes that of antique and art collectors! Our house could not have been more opposite to a mass clutter of stuff. For a shopaholic I think people would presume my closet would be the same but it isn’t tiny but it isn’t huge either. I let a lot of things go and constantly have sort outs. For a style junkie I would like to think my personal dress sense is if I do say so myself, elegant, classy and a smidge casual mixed with glamour and a tad bit Tom boyish in a way, even though I always mostly wear heels and lipstick. I have it said often. I also often get hit on by women! I don’t wear jewellery just a nice watch always maybe a nice belt. I have some lovely things but I try and keep them fewer rather than more. My wardrobe is set out very minimally too. I don’t do much fussy pattern but I have a lovely collection of patterned silk scarfs that I tie my hair up in, kind of, 1940s pony style. So that’s it really. People’s interior often reflects their personal dress sense as well I find. I don’t know if you think the same? 

But thank you for the compliment! Ohhh yes I am so controlling! I wish I wasn’t! Why do I just have all these negative and bad personality traits?! People often think someone like me who worked in the “sex industry” would be spontaneous and fly by the seat of my pants - opposite. I am not a planner either, strange combo, but I don’t like a surprise, let’s put it that way! HA! The only surprises I enjoyed was not knowing what the gender of our babies were! That’s where it ends! I am a creature of boring habit who flies off the handle now and then.

How would you sun up your personality traits Dias? Someone lately called me empathetic, or an empath. I didn’t even know what that was exactly even though I had heard it before and know what empathy means of course but, I don’t know - yes, I do feel intensely for myself but for others also. But I would still say, I am not a great person. Others do much better than me. I need to make a whole bunch of changes. You wouldn’t want me as a friend or a partner let’s just put it that way! To this day I don’t know why my husband puts up with me half the time. I guess love is blind?!

The yacht obsession is crazy too me Dias 🤣 but I say go for it and sail into the sunset on that shined walnut for sure! 

Renting seems to be very popular at the moment. I have never been a free spirited traveller like yourself so I would not have the balls to go off and zoom around carefree. I like my retreat, need it in fact. Having kids ties you to stability for a lot of years. I don’t think I will be jetting off anywhere soon, not for the next decade probably. I don’t mind. Maybe when I hit my 40s and the kids are up I can go through another teenage rebellion type stage and embarrass them all 🥲 Reminds me of that line in American Pie, “I’m not a REGULAR Mom, I’m a COOOOL Mom” 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you for the interior compliments Dias. No one will know the financial strain and sweat and tears and work that went into that house. It was very large. The Georgian proportions are deceptive in the photos. The ceiling in one of the living rooms was very high, I can’t remember how, all the ceilings were, and the hall I think was very wide, it doesn’t look it on the photo. The door frames just dwarfed you. I put that couch there so people could sit and remove their shoes when they came in. Yes, I am that controlling neat person again who is like, yo yo ya’ll this is a SHOES OFF HOUSE YA’LL! 🤣

All the best luck with your review! 

x

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jibralta said:

I think the corridor is a neat place to have a sofa. It seemed wide enough. 

I hate that state.

As I get older, I find that caffeine affects me a lot more than it used to. Now, if I have it after about 1PM, I have trouble sleeping. I won't drink decaf. I try every once nd a while, but I can never finish the cup. I dislike it too much. So, I just go without.

Cheers Jib! Team Hall Couch 🤣🤣🤣

I guess you either put a console table there, or, a bench? Or nothing I guess. There were already two 1920s brass and glass side tables with very large lamps on them - those lamps were Chinese rice jars that had sunk to the bottom of the ocean, got barnacles on them, been dredged up and then had silk shades put on them and been placed in a window somewhere for idiots like me to buy - LOL! 

We are caffeine drug addicts AA here. Our personalities are… caffeinated 🤪 God I love and hate it. Currently trying to get off energy drinks. Anyone been hooked on them? Very unclassy of me 🤓 I even love the smell of red bull - LOL!

x

On 4/1/2022 at 2:33 PM, dias said:

He is talking about the US market but it's pretty much the same everywhere

I don’t appreciate this Graham…! 

Don’t warm too him! He owns doesn’t he? He sits there, quite young in his modern mansion telling you not to own? Okay Graham! I don’t appreciate his plug for cryptocurrency to charge his bank account! And I don’t like him talking to us like we are children and not fully grown adults who already know all of this! 

I don’t know about other people Dias, but property has been our main source of profit. We made nearly 260k in equity selling our previous house and that only took 5 years, abs that is also removing what we spent doing it up which was a small fortune! Not too bad a side line ontop of your regular income! We only half mortgaged our new house. We had the money to pay cash in full for it but decided to use half for the house and to mortgage the rest as the other half was better used being put back into my husbands business, a quicker return, where as property is a longer investment.

I still think, if you can buy, most people should buy. Be reasonable, don’t push yourself crazy but also put the heat on a little if you can. Buy the worst house in the best area you can afford. Buy a fixer upper if you have the nerve, that’s how we made our money on the previous house. 

Also, if you can, buy very good quality fittings that technically we never break. Our island we put in will be there in 100 years time if no one removes it. The brass Barbour Wilson taps were already 15 years old and only needed a new washer. The oak parquet flooring should last 250 years. The house it’s self was over 250 years old and only had minor damp in the basement that needed tanking (I think the whole job was about £9000 if I remember). It should last at least 10 years but it was an amazingly well built, sound property. The brick used on the outer walls was 12 bricks thick. Old houses were just built amazingly well, new ones, in my humble opinion, nothing close. The joists for example had lasted 250 years and will last another 200 and were solid mahogany, you just don’t get that on a new build.

I always look to the person giving me advice and see how it worked out for them. If it’s a financial decision, Y’know, I wanna see their return; then I’ll take them seriously! Same for romantic advice, I want that coming from someone like my Grandparents who were successfully married for 60 years. Advice on kids; I want to talk to a mum who has 5 and raised them all to be well rounded and has come out the other end with her sanity intact. If I want advice on software and computers, health and fitness, travelling - I’m comin’ for ya! Maybe that sounds cold hearted! I just want it from a solid source. Someone who lives what they preach. Y’know, if you wanna know about what shoes are in this season and when to catch Judge Judy on CBS why, I’m ya girl. LOL!

You travel a lot and have no family that needs stability and a safe home to come back too every night - this is a perfect reason to not buy. A lot of younger peoples needs are different now, hence why they rent. They also don’t want to start at the bottom like our parents and grandparents did. They want a new car and holidays still but someone be able to buy a nice house all at the same time.

My Mum and Dad, like every other friend they knew in the 80s buying their first homes, were middle class but still had a second hand cooker and only three pieces of furniture. My Mums eldest sister donated them a mattress! All their friends were like that, it was quite common. No average person expected to pay, 20k plus for a wedding back then, or 5k would probably be the equivalent in 80s money. People just didn’t have this lifestyle expectation. My Dad did his degree whilst having me and my sister young. We didn’t have a tv for the first 5 years of my life. Again we weren’t classed as poor. Life got more extravagant as my Dad got a good job and moved up the ladder, my Mum never worked, but, he didn’t wait 20 years to do all that then buy then have kids. He had a cheese plant where the TV would be. Not a terrible thing. Kids don’t want to do that these days, they don’t have the sacrifice in them. They think they should be able to buy a £4 coffee everyday, have a car on finance and go on holiday at least once a year and be able to buy their house and do it instantly up and have kids all at the same time? No wonder people are 40 before they start actually settling down. Everyone’s expectations are too high and unrealistic. They expect to be able to buy in the best area, nearest their work etc. They refuse to settle for anything less, they would rather not get on the ladder.

People forget my husband is a decade older than me. If we had both been the same age we would’ve been in the same position as most people. He was just ten years on everyone else around me, and particularly driven at the same time.

A lot of people get married and have families much later in life, rent later. We rented for 6 years before having the kids. We could move bought a small cottage at that time and regret it because it was sold for 60k more only 2 years later in 201! Bummer! Anyway, I kinda don’t agree with this Graham, the shameless advert w***e 😉 And it’s not cos I’m sour grapes about having just bought a house 🤪 I think it’s a good decision but I may be totally wrong here!

I used to be a letting agent too, not real estate but letting! If we had the spare money we would even buy some more property. We were going too when we got this new house but it’s too risky now, financially for us, we are already quite stretched. The cost of materials have rocketed pushing house prices up. I think or suspect people who own property portfolios wealth will increase this year and next but I am not sure, that is just a guess. Interest rates are high unless you shop around and have a good deposit, I agree with that. Not as high as the 70s though. It has been rougher interest wise in living memory a lot more than right now. 

The price of keeping and heating a house - that is the issue at the moment I think for most people. The bigger your house, the bigger the expense. It depends. Are you wealthy enough not to care, or have you pushed yourself and it will really mean beans on toast for you? Time will tell. It’s a very weird time at the moment. I wish someone could tell me what was gonna happen with the markets and fiat money and all of this but I don’t think anyone knows for certain!

I would never give someone financial advice, I wouldn’t like that burden to bear but if I were personally you with your income Dias, I would buy one and rent it out. That would be my feeling. I still don’t think you could fall too short. But I do realise your free and instant moveable ways but, I still think, lay down an investment my child! I say this at 32 and you are 30 so like, the same age as me 😉 Thats my opinion. Materials are sky rocketing it’s gonna cost a fortune to build a house from scratch and buy one. Commodities are on the up. 

But, I am not some huge stock market property giant here so using my logic, do your own thing 🤣 We have done well though but your life is for your decisions! I’m not a traveller or a spontaneous adventurer type of gal so if I have 5k I would rather buy a piece of art with it than go abroad. And I am not solely thinking of making money here it’s just I adore objects! Just bought the most beautiful landscape in oils by a famous Irish artist it is serene and hard and quite breath taking. If I want to sell it on in two years time will I make a profit? Well I am pretty sure I will as have done before over and over but, at the end of the day, that’s not why I buy art.

We have a famous painting by a guy called William Etty. Money got tight once and my husband wanted to put it in an auction. I burst into tears at the thought of never seeing it in the flesh again, that’s how much this picture moves me. Corny as it sounds. We worked it out and didn’t have to sell it in the end but, walking past a painting that speaks to me on a deep level everyday in our hall or being able to just sit and let my eyes rest on a moving portrait in the living room is maybe the same thrill as you can as the plane takes off and you start to climb and see the heads of the clouds. 

Making money isn’t everything by the way. A lot of people use that as a bench mark to all success. It’s really not. What pleasure you derive and happiness you squeeze out of this crazy thing called life is the main thing. So if that’s being fancy free and travelling 10 times a year and not having a permanent residence then that is the way for you! Whether I think that is financially sensible I would disagree but does it matter which way or not? If you are happy Dias carry on, but, buy that little flat just turn it over quick and rent it 😉😉😉😉😗

Thank me later… LOL

I take 10% you’re welcome.

x

This is my, completely uneducated total guess and instant hunch if I was put on the spot:

That there is never going to be a time when physical assets are going to continue to rocket in value, and actual money, is going to decline.

What I think is, in the good old days gone by, making your money and saving it in the bank and the bank giving you decent interest was an alright philosophy and worked to some extent. But they are not painting anymore master Renaissance works of art. They are not building many more houses. They are not making anymore Georgian furniture. They are printing more money, devaluing your actual earned cash even more, and your regular job will not be increasing your wages to cover that. 

So to me, the winners will be people who have physical assets and commodities, like bricks and motor, in the form of a house or sat in a massive buildings yard. 

It seems very risky doesn’t it but weirdly I think right now IS the time to buy because it’s only gonna go up. Or lots of people say there will be a massive market crash. I don’t know. I don’t think that will happen actually, it seems like it should doesn’t it, everyone losing their jobs and the price of living increasing but I thought it would crash a year or two after covid and it hasn’t so I was wrong, now I am guessing, get in before it goes cray cray and to buy a single brick is no longer 40p it’ll be more like 85p and that makes a huge difference when totted up in everything.

Thats my guesstimate. I can be told I was totally wrong and totally accept that happily in a years time. I put it out there. Again I know nothing we just deal it art and antiques and high end curiosities it’s worked for 17 years doesn’t mean it’s gonna work tomorrow that’s my only… slight knowledge if I have any.

That money is getting more and more worthless just sat there in the bank.

Who knows what the future of money is? But we know people will always need - houses, and “things”, and food.

I guess the reason why we have our lifestyle and we can buy a nice house cash and pay it off tomorrow and what not is because we never saved, earn money then saved. I should say, my husband risked it, and bought things to sell on with it, and kind of, made educated guesses. Because of this I don’t need to work and haven’t for nearly 6 years now. Could all go down the pan tomorrow. We’re not Donald Trump though. But, he invested in property when it was the right time, just sayin’!

I also have this theory on younger people today - the majority want safe, secure, no risk. Now, if it’s safe and secure and keeping out then that’s all you’ll get. You’ll get that steady flat line and that is great and lovely and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But any type of financial speeding, or, adventure, insists you put your neck out in some way and entails plenty of risk. If it doesn’t keep you awake at night you’re not doing it right. This is why the normal person doesn’t do these things. They can imagine the stress, the tossing and turning, financially and mentally of it all. I say you don’t know it until you do risky things, and try having young kids and throw that pressure in the mix! It’s heart attack creating. That’s only why kinda mad people do it. You ever met an successful entrepreneur who was steady and safe and normal? 

They just aren’t! No risk, no gain. If you feel safe and want to do the safe thing and somehow time it all correctly and think you can nip in there and get it 100% right without some major fails I have news for you - that is dream land! Expect to fail big as well! Expect some major pressure.

I totally get why people stay in a salary job and don’t start their own business. The main mistake people make is to think it is easy as well. I am yet to meet one self made person who said any part of their ride was easy in anyway or form. I have been lucky to be in the passenger seat but it doesn’t mean I am unaffected by our previous financial risks. Sometimes they pay off big time other times definitely not. Depends what kind of life you want to lead.

If someone said to my husband do you want to get off the merry go round I imagine now he is 40 he might really consider it, but once you are in that hamster wheel it’s hard to get off. People say like, why wouldn’t Elon Musk just retired or Donald Trump, why still get involved in his property company? But they can’t help themselves and they are workaholic mad men that’s why! And people don’t just decide to be that way come 50. They are doing mad things as kids and they are born that way, I would definitely argue that point too. 

I think my son has a wheeler dealer edge too him, heaven help me. He has turned 4 in January and he batters with me. I said “You can either have this or this” and he instantly clocks me closed ended question which is quite a common sales technique. You are giving someone the illusion of choice between two things but they are both things you approve of and the outcome of either is fine with you. It works on probably 90% of adults but no, not my 4 year old son. He instantly says, “Mammy I tell you what if you do (this thing he wants) for me I will do (insert only half of what I wanted and in a different way that suits his original plan! And ignores both of my original options!) And he even goes straight after, that’s a deal!”

My daughter isn’t like that. She wants to paint all day and dance! Heaven help me! 

x

You might laugh at this reverse psychology poked fun at here. I’m in stitches over this because my husband from being 15 actually worked in telemarketing. He was exceptionally good at it! Call scrips totally exists and he used to write them for the company. But, this always creases me bad! 

I have bombed your journal again Dias shut me up I am a big mouth!

Now tell me you do not want the Vegas Package? 🤣

x