A new chapter

dias

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323085#typical-testosterone-levels

image.png.06709138fdb63d0ea7a037a968d9cba1.png

I got tested, I got 910, not bad for a natural.

Ha, it could explain a few things. I would like to see if there is a correlation between testosterone levels and the type of woman you like, it would be an interesting survey. 

I am surprised though, with such high levels of testosterone I shouldn't be like a horny caveman 24/7? But I have a normal sex-drive. And the periods I am dedicated to work  or stressed about work it declines a lot. 

Testosterone has an impact on many levels. Muscle mass, ability to focus, tendency to risk more etc

It could explain my boldness (or part of it) but it wouldn't explain why I am not putting on muscle mass or that I don't have super high sex drive. 

Women's hormones fluctuate over a 28 day cycle. When our hormone levels are high, we may be referred to as 'hormonal' in some circles, which is usually a way of saying that we are irrational and emotional. It's just interesting that a high hormone level in men is not perceived the same way. 

On 9/23/2021 at 12:24 AM, Jibralta said:

Right. I wonder what makes male hormones good and female hormones bad? 

I wouldn't classify hormones as good or bad. There are many hormones and each one of them serves a purpose. 

Testo is one of the most important hormones for men, if helps you function properly and it improves your general well-being. 

Women are more emotional indeed, that's biology, there is a reason for that. I assume the reason is because they give birth and raise children, you have to be somewhat emotional to raise kids, you can't be like a robot, you have to show love and care towards the child, these are emotions. 

Even from a practical standpoint, there must be a reason why men find "crazy" women attractive, the crazier the better lol. I haven't heard a guy saying "Oh man, this gal is so rational, it makes her so hot" lol

There is a purpose for everything.

3 hours ago, dias said:

Women are more emotional indeed, that's biology, there is a reason for that.

I don't agree with that. I think it's a social construct, not biological. Yeah, yeah, lots of people set out to prove it's biological, but I'm not convinced at all. I think it's confirmation bias. 

I think men are told they are not emotional, and women are told they are emotional. And social convention reinforces that. But both genders have equal capacity for emotion and reason. 

3 hours ago, dias said:

Even from a practical standpoint, there must be a reason why men find "crazy" women attractive, the crazier the better lol. 

I think crazy men like crazy women. And together, they breed crazy children.

3 hours ago, dias said:

I haven't heard a guy saying "Oh man, this gal is so rational, it makes her so hot" lol

My boyfriend thinks it's sexy 😉

Edited by Jibralta
  • Like 1

I don't believe women are MORE emotional. They just feel free to express DIFFERENT emotions than men do.

Men are encouraged to express anger, impatience and even frustration because those are "masculine" emotions, while women are encouraged to express sadness, loving care, compassion and heartbreak. Women are told it's ok for them to cry, while men are told they're "kitties" if they do.

I don't believe for one second men don't feel heartbreak and emotional pain. It's clear from the posts we see on this forum. But how many of these men say they have no one to talk to? Or that they can't admit to feeling devastated when a woman leaves them?

I don't see this changing anytime soon, btw. It's too entrenched in society. 

Interestingly, one thing I will never, ever do is cry at work. I feel it's unprofessional.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

I don't agree with that. I think it's a social construct, not biological. Yeah, yeah, lots of people set out to prove it's biological, but I'm not convinced at all. I think it's confirmation bias. 

I think men are told they are not emotional, and women are told they are emotional. And social convention reinforces that. But both genders have equal capacity for emotion and reason. 

My boyfriend thinks it's sexy 😉

Sure it's debatable and a very broad subject. How do we define emotional? Because there are many angles on how you define someone as emotional person. Like men don't cry kind of thing? I cried when my grandmother died, does it make me emotional? dunno, maybe yes maybe no. No if you ask me. I was thinking more about facing difficult and unpredictable situations, I believe from what I have observed that women tend to be more emotional in situations like these. That is of course in general, I have seen women who are more rational than robots but in a different context, like in relationships between people. But I am saying in general, as in the majority. We can find countless scenarios which could support our opinions, I don't know what is true in reality,  I base my opinion on what I have seen. 

Moreover, we all are emotional and rational beings, so it's about quantifying how much more or less emotional men or women are. Which we will never find out apparently 🙂

Maybe, I like crazy women but I am crazy myself  on the other hand lol

Good for you both 🙂

55 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

But both genders have equal capacity for emotion and reason. 

Totally agree Jib. And the emotionally labile exist in both genders. 

57 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Yes. 

This cloud certificate for data engineers is getting on my nerves, I didn't expect to be so difficult, I studied a lot the last 3 months for this and I took a sample test and got 20 out of 100, horrible. It's a lot more difficult than I expected. I will get there though, as long as it takes. 

Not many people have it and I will be pretty marketable once I get it + obtain the practical experience through work (which is a pain in the ass lately, I am very busy but not productive, I get stuck in problems and I don't finish tasks). Anyway, it's not the first time I am facing this kind of situation where everything is new and I don't know anything. The key is to keep swimming regardless and whatever happens happens. 

I need to get this freaking certificate and 3-4 years of experience. Then I will start working (remotely) contract jobs that pay 500 pounds per day. Or maybe get a job in Switzerland that pays sh*tload of money. Many doors would open after this.  

I can't wait for a big yacht. I need something more tangible in the foreseeable future. With contract jobs I could afford a yacht like this. I was thinking about going to Las Vegas and spend the house deposit there but damn look at this boat. With only 270K dollars. Definitely I will buy something like this instead of a house. Yes I can see it happening, working on the yacht, enjoying the sun, the sea and a delicious iced cappuccino. Yes yes yes yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes 

Only 5 years of dedication and sacrifices between the dream and my current situation.  

Edited by dias

It's funny, most guys love cars, I feel the same way for yachts. I don't get what is so awesome about cars, some are faster or cooler but who cares. On the other hand when you see a yacht, man, that is a delight for the eyes. Fast cars and bullsh*t, nothing compared to cruising around the world with a yacht. 

Waking up, enjoying the sunrise and the serenity of the dawn whilst drinking your coffee. Come onnnnnnnnn this is the real deal. 

And with the real estate bubble around the world it's the best alternative. Even the docks are awesome. With so many people working remotely I am surprised not everyone is doing it. I don't get it. 

Let alone how awesome parties you can throw if you are this kind of person. You can move around, never settle, see the world, work remotely, make interesting Youtube videos, it's even better chick magnet than cars. 

Well, I will definitely make the first step. 

All I want is things to go smoothly at work for one day. Just one day. Every day problems emerge out of nowhere. It's the most intense job I have ever had. 

I have to do the daily tasks + the training for the cloud (with more tasks). I am trying to balance my time between multiple projects and I feel I am not finishing anything properly. And when I finally manage to finish something there is another task waiting which will give me a headache. 

Very long hours every day......

In a bizarre way I am satisfied with the job but yeah I could do with less hours.

Second day with high fever (40 C)with the first jab. And I have to work....

Hopefully the second won't be worse although they say the second one has the most severe effects. I am only doing it because I have spent thousands on PCR tests and I can't travel or go anywhere. 

11 minutes ago, dias said:

Second day with high fever (40 C)with the first jab. And I have to work....

Hopefully the second won't be worse although they say the second one has the most severe effects. I am only doing it because I have spent thousands on PCR tests and I can't travel or go anywhere. 

That's is a high fever for an adult.  Have you contacted your doctor?

Odd that I noticed that younger people have harsher experiences.   The older you are the less.  I guess it might suggest that over the years one develops more immunities due to years of exposure.

Hope you feel better.  Don't let that fever go too long unchecked.

Thank you Reinvent and Jib 🙂 I am ok now, I had high fever for 3 days, I managed to bring it down a bit with double dose of paracetamol (pharmacist suggested so - 1000mg every 6 hours). The pain and swelling in the shoulder and under the armpit lasted a couple of days more but I am fine now. 

Posted (edited)

I don't like this new house, the toilet is on the ground floor (I am on the first) and on the other side of the house which is pain in the butt because I drink a lot of water and pee quite often. During the night it is a big problem because I have to be careful in the staircase which means I have to turn the lights on, go to the other side of the house and then climb the stairs again. 

It messes up my sleep, I don't like it at all. Moreover, I live with two girls and I share the bathroom with one of them. She occupies the bathroom for ages...

I live with two local girls, one is cool and we get along well and the other one is neutral, no issues so far. But I don't like the house, my room is located in front of the road and damn the traffic in this small town is worse than London (I am not kidding). 

I don't really like the town anyway, it's quaint for sure and it has some beautiful neighborhoods but in general I don't like it, not for any specific reason, I guess it's because I like cities by the sea so everything which does not fit this description is not for me. It seems though the company didn't want to pay for nice offices by the sea. Well, it gives high salaries which is better and I should not be complaining. 

We are not getting back to the office until mid January and this is not certain. I will go back to Athens for a month or two and once I come back I will need to find a new house and town. Before I do that I need to know if we will continue to work remotely indefinitely because if this is the case I will visit all the cities by the sea down south and move there. From the pictures I am think I will like Portsmouth. Or rent a cheap room to stay when necessary and travel the world. This is a very possible scenario too. 

Let's see though, let's not put the cart before the horse. The cloud certificate first. 

Edited by dias

Working remotely has so many advantages.  You can literally work from anywhere as long as you have a strong, reliable WiFi connection.  Plus, and I pointed this out to my manager, I don't have to call out when I'm not feeling well.  These days it's not possible to come into the office when feeling unwell as it could be Covid, but since I'm working from home I can still work and just lie down if/when I start to feel really bad.  I had this happen a few times and I was able to still work.  If I'd been working in the office I would have had to call out and get nothing done on those days.

I live about 30 miles from the office but it doesn't matter because I am remote.  I live literally across the street from the ocean and the beach and I love it here.  If I have to go back to working in the office the commute is going to suck, but so far it's been remote.  I feel fortunate.

I think getting your own place or a different house share is a good idea.  No reason to be unhappy or be inconvenienced in your own home!

• Like 1