I can't stand my boyfriend but he won't go!

ConfusedSA

1 hour ago, ConfusedSA said:

Okay that's enough. I'm triggered!

I'm sorry you're triggered.  That was not my intention.

My intention is to illustrate that you are a valuable, viable person on your own.  You don't need a lazy, freeloading man (or any person, man or woman, freeloading or not) to give you value or purpose.  

I hope you realize that now.

On 3/18/2021 at 12:24 AM, lostandhurt said:

Does he ever leave the apartment/house?  If it is in your name and he doesn't pay for anything then he is a guest.  He has no legal right to be there other than your grace.

The next time he leaves have the locks changed and box up his stuff and put it outside the door.

You are allowing him to stay, this isn't his doing it is yours.  If you are that fed up then contact the police and ask them for advice.  See what they say.

In the end you shouldn't have to move away to get your place back but you do need to grow a spine and stand up for yourself.

Lost

Then he can legally take her to court  (depending on where they live) because that has been his mailing address for 5 years so he does have rights(those laws were originally created to protect common-law wives from ending up on the streets when their ole'man decides to trade her in)

So that was bad knee-jerk advice.

Yes you cannot just kick him out or wait til he leaves and change the locks on him.

People really need to post advice using facts not emotions or what sounds good.

It's a process to get rid of an unwanted tenant and it takes time and usually money in the form of legal fees.

That's why it's good to try alternatives such as bribing them to leave with a cash payout as difficult and counterintuitive as it may seem. I had to go there once with an apartment I own.. they were behind on their rent by at least a month, and I paid them 2 grand just to leave. I was advised by a landlord-tenant attorney that was the best course of action.

15 hours ago, gamon said:

Yes you cannot just kick him out or wait til he leaves and change the locks on him. I was advised by a landlord-tenant attorney

Absolutely follow the letter of the law. Don't wing it and "let him come up with a plan".

Along side of being a live in bf, he still has legal rights regardless of your relationship, who's place it is etc.

Legally that is his residence and if you don't do things according to the law, he has recourse that could get costly for you.

Archived