Is it too much to want to be with someone who you have fun with, can laugh with and enjoy life?  I love my guy, believe me I do but we basically live at the same address while living separate lives all together.  I don't want to feel like I am single yet attached at the same time.  I mean honestly we sleep in different rooms, and in a day i see him no more then maybe 45 minutes unless I make the effort to go to him which 9 out of 10 times leads to him wanting sex and that to me sucks when he doesnt spend any time with me aside from that.  in 15 years he has gotten me maybe 2 gifts 3 max two were at christmas time and one was for valentines day.  I dont know what to do and i have talked to him so many times in the past about i and nothing changes. 

2 hours ago, only1trueme said:

i have talked to him so many times in the past about i and nothing changes. 

Then you need to realize that this is not going to ever change. 

What you're asking for is not too much. You're just not going to get it from him. Up to you how much more time you want to waste in a relationship that makes you so unhappy. 

• Like 1

You met when you were only 16. If this is the only man you've ever loved or been in a relationship with long term, it's hard to imagine another life. I'm sorry you're struggling.

Try to envision something different for yourself even if it feels crazy, surreal, strange. Try, keep trying. You need to see and create something different in your mind if you've never known what it's like to be happy, independent or free on your own. Or, what it's like to be with someone who truly loves and cherishes you. Keep trying. Don't give up. 

Yes it IS too much to expect it from someone who doesn't want to reciprocate. Enough with the talk, take action. Move out, and move on. There are plenty or others out there that feel the same way as you do....go find them. So sorry you are going through this. I hope you find your happiness.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1