Romantic feelings for private instructor

I am currently training to be in an industry that requires lots of 1on1 training with an instructor. Last fall, I requested to switch instructors because I became attracted to him and my performance suffered. Embarrassing, I know. 

Now, the same thing is happening again. My performance is suffering due to the same reason. And I don’t know if I can take the embarrassment/shame of switching again. I’m just thinking about dropping out of this training altogether to clear my mind but I don’t have any alternative career paths as of now. I feel like there’s no way out and I’m just terrified. 

22 minutes ago, Will said:

Now, the same thing is happening again. My performance is suffering due to the same reason. And I don’t know if I can take the embarrassment/shame of switching again.

just control your crushes and feelings and keep it professional. You can't avoid the whole world because of a crush here or a crush there, right?

• Like 1

It' human nature to be attracted to someone be at leisure or work. You can meet your goals and also may develop a nice friendship. Are you afraid it is crossing the lines of your professional goals?

Maybe just focus on the task. You can't really avoid liking someone's personality or the way they look if that person's attractive. Focus on passing the training so you can move to the next chapter of your life. 

It's sort of like being in a hot room but having to still get work done or complete something. It's uncomfortable but not impossible, right? Try your best!

17 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

just control your crushes and feelings and keep it professional. You can't avoid the whole world because of a crush here or a crush there, right?

Agree. It really boils down to you developing the ability to manage your feelings. I'm sure you don't let every emotion overtake you--right? Or do you?

• Thanks 1